• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Haha no worries man. Maybe next time I'm in Houston. I might do amazing con

that's september, right?where is your normal base of operations?

What did you think of the con? A buddy of mine got to go today and met Shatner. They sent me a video of him leaving the line after getting his autograph. I've never seen him so happy. Trekkies are an amazing thing.

ElNarez

Banned
I mean shit, I'm pretty sur the Red Onslaught thing was put at the end of the first Uncanny Avengers arc, or even before.

Axis was always in the books.

Remender was a false prophet.

Squire

Banned
nah

the man was always the harbinger of the end times

UA started with the desecration of Xavier's corpse

and then there was the "m-word" speech

the book's name was Uncanny AVENGERS

the signs were there, but y'all didn't look

As goofy as that stuff is, most of the debates arguments that follow are really good and interesting and almost convincing.

Messi

Bombshells #1
dance.gif

MORE MORE MORE MORE BATWOMAN

Messi

Detective Comics 41 & 42, this book is so damn close to being dropped now that Manapul isn't doing the art anymore. The story is paper thin and the new art is only ok. The only saving grace right now is the fact that they
brought back Montoya. I just want to read about her. But her being back won't save it for long.
. Can't help that I am so eh on rabbit bats. I can't believe how much weight Manapuls art was carrying for me in the last arc. Without it damn...

that's september, right?where is your normal base of operations?

What did you think of the con? A buddy of mine got to go today and met Shatner. They sent me a video of him leaving the line after getting his autograph. I've never seen him so happy. Trekkies are an amazing thing.
Yeah I believe September. I have family in the Houston area so Houston cons aren't expensive for me to do. This is actually my first con outside of austin, which is where I live. I'm gonna try to expand a bit more this year and maybe do something in San Antonio and Dallas.

Hmm as for the actual con, I'm not sure what to think of it. I don't have backup so I'm manning my table the entire time. I only got to walk around to look for a bit so far.

I think it's like a lot of wizard world cons where there is a lot of smaller TV celebrities that are a big draw for people. I saw a few tables for cosplayers which is also a big draw now.

So it seems like a comic con without a lot of emphasis on comic creators which is pretty normal I think. The people are pretty friendly. It's interesting to see the kind of people who are most interested in my comics work vs my illustrative work vs people not interested at all haha.

I've gotten a chance to do a good number of sketches and commissions including a Zatanna which I think Messi might approve of when I post it.

My father in law actually got to get a signature from Shatner too. Apparently it's 80 bucks to get one?

If your friend is going tomorrow he can pick up the Darkseid piece for you. I'll throw in a quick bust sketch for him too.

On that note, what the hell is Image doing? They're just sitting on Fatale and Criminal and won't release some OHCs
in Fatale's case they won't release the second one

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp. Kipp pls. You're killing me.

shit the omni isn't even that expensive

I know right? The omnibus is some great value. And it's got great binding too.
Sorry :p

Well I've read it. So there

the sleeper evidence builds...

Okay, okay. Fine.

But Criminal is already collected in two oversized hardcovers?

Two absolutely gorgeous hardcovers at that. No stupid dustcover. Just gorgeous art on the hardcover itself. And some incredible binding. Oh, and tons of bonus content. Those are some great OHCs.

Last I checked, those were out of print and also they were published by Marvel/Icon. Criminal moved to the Image label a few years ago.

Ah, ok.

This is 2015. Publishers really need to work on setting up some print-on-demand options. Or at least lego.cuusoo/kickstarter/massdrop type webpages.

Pre-empting the "This is 2015. Everyone is on digital" posts.

Detective Comics 41 & 42, this book is so damn close to being dropped now that Manapul isn't doing the art anymore. The story is paper thin and the new art is only ok. The only saving grace right now is the fact that they
brought back Montoya. I just want to read about her. But her being back won't save it for long.
. Can't help that I am so eh on rabbit bats. I can't believe how much weight Manapuls art was carrying for me in the last arc. Without it damn...

Tomasi is taking over.

So, I was just thinking about superhero rogues galleries, and I was thinking about who has the most underrated rogues/villains gallery (primarily related to that character) for how popular they are.

Green Lantern has a pretty cool gallery that no one ever seems to bring up when gallery discussions come up. All the different Lantern Corps, primarily Sinestro, Red, and Black Lanterns; the Manhunters; Krona; Black Hand; Despero. I'm not that familiar with Green Lantern as a whole, but I'd say it's a solid gallery.

You don't understand man. CFA girl is every girl we've ever loved or will love.

It's true. We live through Rafa's love life.

Read the first few chapters of Locke & Key. Very spooky stuff. Decided to stop here for now before I see something that makes me have to sleep with a nightlight tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom