• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Goodness. Just read two more issues of Sleeper. Soooooooo good. This comic is just amazing. More people need to read it.

The last comic forum I posted in were all into Ed Brubaker. The Bru wrote a lot of great series over the decades.

Tizoc

So has Remender. Check out Strange Girl if you haven't yet.

I'll get to Remender in due time, right now though I have a craving for re-reading Bru's Cap run and his Criminal series.

http://comicartistevolution.tumblr.com/

probably super late to this but this is a great idea for a blog

Some neat stuff in there thanks for linking it.
tumblr_nrjfip1OW51rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

frye

I'll get to Remender in due time, right now though I have a craving for re-reading Bru's Cap run and his Criminal series.

Some neat stuff in there thanks for linking it.
tumblr_nrjfip1OW51rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

i was looking more at the year by year retrospective on dope artists tracking their growth over the decades but yes, things associated with Peanuts are pretty sweet too!

Tizoc

i was looking more at the year by year retrospective on dope artists tracking their growth over the decades but yes, things associated with Peanuts are pretty sweet too!

Them guide books had some detailed stuff but I found this interesting
tumblr_inline_nr1bkl2c8e1r3swmi_500.jpg

Tizoc

Man, fuck Alex Summers.

"The M-word represents everything I hate."

Bendis, you made a poor writing decision on this day.

Then again, my girl Kitty bringing the heat

Dat last panel, Bendis likely can't stop himself from putting in a dumb quip like that...

Good stuff though, although when it comes to Kitty and her being a mutant I am reminded of that one panel from the 80s which I'll refrain from posting, but wasn't the Alex Summers thing from Rememnder's run?

Squire

Banned
Dat last panel, Bendis likely can't stop himself from putting in a dumb quip like that...

Good stuff though, although when it comes to Kitty and her being a mutant I am reminded of that one panel from the 80s which I'll refrain from posting, but wasn't the Alex Summers thing from Rememnder's run?

Yep.

Ah, so that wasn't Bendis.

All-New X-Men is weird. At first I liked it, but now I'm not sure.

Jean Grey is annoying as hell. She's never been a particular favorite of mine on the squad, always very vanilla, but now she's annoying. She does some cool shit, but goddamn. Still, I understand that her mind reading powers got jumpstarted and she can't really control them, and that's just part of the arc.

The Beast love thing, though...yeesh. Hank you creepy.

On the other hand, I do like Kitty, so that's a large plus.

Read some more Usagi tonight. I'm close to 200 pages into the first book. Really fun comic. And I love how Sakai depicts death by using wavy speech bubbles with a skull inside. XD

Squire

Banned
Ah, so that wasn't Bendis.

All-New X-Men is weird. At first I liked it, but now I'm not sure.

Jean Grey is annoying as hell. She's never been a particular favorite of mine on the squad, always very vanilla, but now she's annoying. She does some cool shit, but goddamn. Still, I understand that her mind reading powers got jumpstarted and she can't really control them, and that's just part of the arc.

The Beast love thing, though...yeesh. Hank you creepy.

On the other hand, I do like Kitty, so that's a large plus.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Loved ANX in the beginning, but I started to feel like it wasn't actually building to anything. I'm up to like issue #30 or so.

It's funny because I started Bendis' Uncanny issues at the same time and the books basically switched places for me. He doesn't use the kids enough, but I really like where the adult X-Men in the run have ended up and how the story basically culminated with
Xavier's will being read
. Everything surrounding that felt like it was a long time coming.

Kitty is great. The Star-Lord stuff sucks. I hate that Bendis writes her that well and then pulls that shit. :(

I know right? The omnibus is some great value. And it's got great binding too.
Sorry :p

Okay, okay. Fine.

Two absolutely gorgeous hardcovers at that. No stupid dustcover. Just gorgeous art on the hardcover itself. And some incredible binding. Oh, and tons of bonus content. Those are some great OHCs.

With super mega ultra bonus Birdie (née CBR) jacket quotes.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Okay, yep. There's definitely no doubting that this is a Birdie quote. Haha

But real talk: it must be pretty surreal to have your quote sandwiched between quotes from Howard Chaykin and Frank Miller

Kipp

The real question is when are we going to start getting quotes on trades that have emojis in them.

Fyre's link is a great example to show the impact of different inkers can have on pencils. The smoothness of Romita Sr/Jim Mooney, the grittiness Dan Green brought to all the Uncanny X-Men pencillers, the streamlined look of Al Williamson, that distinctive style of Klaus Janson, etc. Its Romita underneath, but so much of the finished product is shaped by the inkers.

Kipp

I think I might read more of Colossal Conan today. I kinda miss that book. I've read like 600 pages of it and still have over 600 pages to go. Haha

Edit: Oh damn, Colossal Conan is selling for like $150 now. I think I'm finally getting to the point in my comics lifestyle where the books I bought when they were released are OOP and going for crazy prices.

I think I might read more of Colossal Conan today. I kinda miss that book. I've read like 600 pages of it and still have over 600 pages to go. Haha

Edit: Oh damn, Colossal Conan is selling for like $150 now. I think I'm finally getting to the point in my comics lifestyle where the books I bought when they were released are OOP and going for crazy prices.
Get back to sleeper

Finish Hellboy

Kipp

If anyone's interested in hearing possibly the best album ever (that most of you will probably hate, but some of you may love), here it is.
It's only 18 minutes long, which means that any time I decide to listen to it I end up listening to it like 10 times in a row. Lol

Get back to sleeper

Oh, I'm definitely reading Sleeper today. Gonna be doing a lot of reading today, so I think I might want to read two things so I don't get burnt out/get some variety.

yeah, catch up with the rest of the world

I'm literally the last person to have read Sleeper... :(

Finish Hellboy

NOT YET. Must savor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom