• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

But does she say it because she is racist or because wants she wants to express that the word is the same as nigger? Thats what I always got out of these moments tbh.

That is exactly what she is saying.

That saying 'nigger' holds the same connotation as saying 'mutie'.
In universe it makes absolute sense.

Of course Kitty isnt racist.
Perhaps a touch blunt though.

Its real easy for Havok for say "don't see me as a mutant brehs" when he looks like an Aryan supermodel with cool powers. Lot of mutants have SHIT powers with real deformities with no obvious advantage. They're stuck as a shark or their entire body is see-through or they have eyes all over their body or they have 3 faces that look like pigs. End up like the Morlocks, forced underground away from the pretty people and normal society. People are always gonna judge them as mutants, I mean thats what they are man.

Xavier aint shit for how treated them Morlocks either ayy lmao. Got all these attractive mutants up in the X-Mansion, always preaching about tolerance and acceptance, but as soon as that nigga find out about these ugly/useless mutants living underground, he like "Nah we full up tho #NoNikkas"
nonikkas.png

It's also easy because Havok has beastly cosmic powers (let him get that star super charge and see what's up). Glob is...Glob. No cool powers even. He just has to be Glob.

Look man when everyone trying to size you up and questioning why you and your people are on the Avengers sometimes you gotta say some real shit.

Also no one cares about Glob. He's Glob.

girl just loves running off melodramatically

Best thing about Mohawk Storm was that it was just a joke on Paul Smith's part. He came on the book and was assigned to come up with new hairstyle to represent Storm's new outlook on life. He included a Mr. T mohawk as a joke, but Claremont and then-editor Louise Simonson said, "fuck it, they're gonna hate it no matter what change it to. Might as well go all in."

Mohawk Storm is amazing tho so shut up paul smith

tumblr_mftdthgPt81s1kdeuo1_1280.jpg

Messi

Kitty Pryde is a huge drama queen who loves to drop the N-word, and she thinks because she's a cute Jewish girl who runs off all melodramatically nobody will say anything

n2.jpg

kitty%20eulogy.png

But Bendis always sticks by his Jewish heroes, so you know Kitty is a fave mouthpiece

But no one does say anything...

What about a storyline where the X-Men fight the Avengers and then join together to fight the common enemy,

Zombine

Banned
If you see him tell him he isn't welcome on this turf anymore. Thak his shitty comics and anime elsewhere.

This is about Tyrant right ?

I thought we were talking about Kipp?

In other news, plz stop saying the n word ComicGAF. It's really weird. I feel like I'm in a Harper Lee book.

frye

We can all be thankful. Now we never need to hear about legion again.

no joke I sat in on a radio interview with a local actor the other day and after some preliminary small talk about his name he mentioned it always reminded him of a Legion of Superheroes villain

no joke I sat in on a radio interview with a local actor the other day and after some preliminary small talk about his name he mentioned it always reminded him of a Legion of Superheroes villain

impressive that a relatively normal person would would know what the legion of superheroes are

because none of us know

Zombine

Banned
I dunno...every run that GH has had me read I've enjoyed a lot.

I just found a dead cockroach inside the box that came with my V For Vendetta book with the mask. I'm done bros. I'm fuckin out. No more collecting shit for me. Fuck boxes.

impressive that a relatively normal person would would know what the legion of superheroes are

because none of us know
I know! Legion is good stuff. Legion lost people! Copiel! DnA! Read it, Love it. It's a shame DC forgot to collect or release DnAs run after Legion lost. Great comics

https://www.comixology.com/Legion-Lost-2000-2001/comics-series/6904?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L3RhYmxldC9zbGlkZXJMaXN0L3Nlcmllc1NsaWRlcg
http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/LEGION-LOST-HC/FEB110204

If anyone's interested in hearing possibly the best album ever (that most of you will probably hate, but some of you may love), here it is.
It's only 18 minutes long, which means that any time I decide to listen to it I end up listening to it like 10 times in a row. Lol
expected Joyce Manor due to length. wasn't. v disappointed
and Captain Marvel was more popular than Superman

way to manage ya IPs, DC Comics

rip new teen titans

If you see him tell him he isn't welcome on this turf anymore. Thak his shitty comics and anime elsewhere.

This is about Tyrant right ?
Shitty comics and anime?
zfUAEDz.png

Affleck's constipated Batface will never not be funny

JGc7Flk.png

Somewhat on topic: I saw Ant-Man just now and I enjoyed it more than Age of Ultron I think. It was a lot of fun even if these movies can feel a little samey. I really like Scott Lang even if my only real experience with him is FF and the current run. Need to read the Annual soon since I haven't done that yet. Posting this here cause MCU-GAF scares me.

They've got Lord & Miller writing Flash, and Ayer's said that people will be surprised by how hilarious Suicide Squad is.

Comic fans won't be, but people outside of the know (which is the majority) will.

I want my Uncanny X-Force movie after Age of Apocalypse drops.

I want it bad. They'll have to cast a new Wolverine, and not have Fantomex, but I'll roll with it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They've got Lord & Miller writing Flash, and Ayer's said that people will be surprised by how hilarious Suicide Squad is.
Yes, but it can still be dark and sinister, even whem Harley and Mr. J will be joking.
I just want that they dont go the Marvel route and make every movie tonal the same...

Yes, but it can still be dark and sinister, even whem Harley and Mr. J will be joking.
I just want that they dont go the Marvel route and make every movie tonal the same...

I'd brace yourself for disappointment then. They made a Superman movie one of the least heroic superhero movies I've ever seen.

Get ready for Flash and Green Lantern to be gritty and grey.
Why is bats more than half the cover?

Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom