• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends on what we're talking about.

15530333.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd brace yourself for disappointment then. They made a Superman movie one of the least heroic superhero movies I've ever seen.

Get ready for Flash and Green Lantern to be gritty and grey.

I just hoped that a more diversive tone mixed with success would make Marvel change their strategy a bit, too.

Nothing against humor, but I dont see how for example a Black Panther movie with Gags would work.

I just hoped that a more diversive tone mixed with success would make Marvel change their strategy a bit, too.

Nothing against humor, but I dont see how for example a Black Panther movie with Gags would work.

Captain America The Winter Soldier didn't really have any gags. I wouldn't worry about Black Panther.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Happy Birthday, Psych!

Captain America The Winter Soldier didn't really have any gags. I wouldn't worry about Black Panther.
Yeah, but its not only this. At some point, I want a really dark Marvel Movie.
Or can you imagine for example a joking Spider-Man in a Kravens Last Hunt adaption?

Happy Birthday, Psych!

Yeah, but its not only this. At some point, I want a really dark Marvel Movie.
Or can you imagine for example a joking Spider-Man in a Kravens Last Hunt adaption?

I agree, but not for Black Panther. Marvel's Daredevil was really dark. I assume most, if not all, the Netflix series are really dark. I'd like a dark Marvel movie, too. But is Black Panther the one that should be dark? My guess would be Dr. Strange, but even that might end up being light and fantastical.

Cheska

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PSYCH!

Also, anyone notice IST is being slower than usual with their orders? None of my books have even been picked or scanned, and that will sometimes happen if I have older books in my order, but this one contained a bunch of new releases.

Happy Birthday Psych!

Just got done with Old Man Logan #1-3. So good, I'm surprised it's a Bendis book. Also, THAT ART! I miss Sorrentino on Green Arrow so much.

Happy birthday Psych!
That explains the countdown...

Also, anyone notice IST is being slower than usual with their orders? None of my books have even been picked or scanned, and that will sometimes happen if I have older books in my order, but this one contained a bunch of new releases.

Dude we had a whole airing of grievances against how crappy IST has become (with shipping times) yesterday. If you order on Wednesday or later, forget about your order shipping out that week.

Zombine

Banned
Happy birthday Psych!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PSYCH!

I made a post about this the other day expressing my discontent with IST lately. All of that "we strive to be better" was just a bullshit show. Kind of like how most kids are when they get their supplies for the next school year.

"I'm feeling good about this year mom. This colored pencil set is so dope I can't handle it."

And then after the first week they already loaned them all out to the cute girls in class and they smoke crack out behind the school during recess instead of doing their homework.

Really enjoyed Lemire's run on Green Arrow. The question is: should I keep reading? Richard Dragon is a great addition to his gallery (basically Bane). And I really liked the Future's End. It was a really good run, not for the stories per se, but more because of the mythology and lore they gave Oliver. Finally made GA interesting to me.

Hagi

I didn't expect to go into AoU and have the crazy killer robot doing stand up or for characters to make quips as they die. If they want Black Panther to be funny you best believe there's going to be jokes however ill-fitting they are.

I guess we'll see with how they tackle Dr Strange. :p

Zombine

Banned
Nah but for real though Psych, enjoy that birthday. Don't be like me where I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm turning 26 and finding dead cockroaches in a box to a deluxe edition of an Alan Moore novel.

I didn't expect to go into AoU and have the crazy killer robot doing stand up or for characters to make quips as they die. If they want Black Panther to be funny you best believe there's going to be jokes however ill-fitting they are.

I guess we'll see with how they tackle Dr Strange. :p

Yeah AoU's depiction of Ultron was....well, let's say I really think the movie needed that Director's Cut/Extended Edition.

Hagi

Nah but for real though Psych, enjoy that birthday. Don't be like me where I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm turning 26 and finding dead cockroaches in a box to a deluxe edition of an Alan Moore novel.

I can relate with everything but the dead cockroach part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom