• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anakin-its-working-o.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
OH GOODNESS YES FINALLY

So today marks the 4th or 5th week in a row that my boss hasn't come in on Friday (which is the only day of the week she comes into the office; AKA I haven't seen her in like 5 weeks). Wooooo!

Messi

Holy shit. Let's never do that again.

I read two whole trades today. One was a deluxe hardcover.

This reading thing is awful :(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
OMG WE'RE BACK AGAIN. HOPEFULLY IT STICKS THIS TIME.

I actually got some work done at work. It was terrible.

Messi

So. I read I Kill Giants. So one here promised me it would be a good time and that I would really enjoy it. I was left like this

ezgif-2616626094.gif

That hit way too close to home.

Owzers

which trades? I managed to read another digital death vigil issue and Uncanny Avengers #3. Death vigil won out the quality competition between the two, I'm not going to miss Uncanny Avengers by Remender.

Calcium

Banned
Not being able to lurk GAF has done wonders for my productivity. It was awful, really.

Got my 150th trade/omnibus in the mail today. I gotta stop buying stuff.

Bii

I finished the Sinestro Corps War vol. 1, Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye vol 2, a few floppies, finished the story mode in Injustice and completed all puzzles in Hexcells Plus during the time I couldn't get on GAF.

Geez.

Messi

what did you think of Invincible? It seems like something you might like despite a lack of girly hijinx.

Art was questionable starting out but it got better but still isn't great. Didn't really like the first arc but the second half caught my attention enough to get the second one.

Eve on her own might meet Messi's quota.

I really like what little I saw of eve. I like her small cape.

TheStig88

OK, making a trip to my LCS today. On the shortlist of books that caught my interest: Rat Queens, Deadly Class, Sex Criminals, Gotham Academy, Squirrel Girl, and possibly some She-Hulk.

Anything must-reads you guys want to add to that list? Aside from Sunstone and Power Trip (which I really, really enjoyed) I don't have much to go off of as far as what I like, except that I'm more interested in stuff that isn't cape related, though that's not to say that I'm opposed to it.

Calcium

Banned
I really want to give Rat Queens a go, but I always forget about it. It's been in the back of my mind for months.

Owzers

i watched a few eps of anime while GAF was down :(

speaking of watching terrible things, i gave the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt another episode and it was fairly cringey. I hope it gets better or i will have to abandon it. I didn't think something could be cringier than Last Man on Earth, eventually i embraced the skunk but that show could have eased up on the cringe.

Tizoc

So. I read I Kill Giants. So one here promised me it would be a good time and that I would really enjoy it. I was left like this

ezgif-2616626094.gif

That hit way too close to home.

I've said it dozens of times to you but you keep reading shitty DC and Marvel comics boy.
I kill giants gives you FEELS and is a fantastic read.

Messi

I've said it dozens of times to you but you keep reading shitty DC and Marvel comics boy.
I kill giants gives you FEELS and is a fantastic read.

Well I didn't leave with positive vibes. I was reminded of stuff I would rather not have been reminded of.

Oh and BTW I pull more indie books than anything else. I just don't talk about them

OK, making a trip to my LCS today. On the shortlist of books that caught my interest: Rat Queens, Deadly Class, Sex Criminals, Gotham Academy, Squirrel Girl, and possibly some She-Hulk.

Anything must-reads you guys want to add to that list? Aside from Sunstone and Power Trip (which I really, really enjoyed) I don't have much to go off of as far as what I like, except that I'm more interested in stuff that isn't cape related, though that's not to say that I'm opposed to it.

That's a good list. You gonna pick up some trades or singles?

We back!

It's not, strictly speaking, Comics! but I used the break to get caught up on Gunnerkrigg Court, which I adore but had sadly fallen off my radar as of late. Fantastic stuff, recommend it heartily to everybody, especially the Girly Hijinx club.

Also, this:

Really got to me, especially considering how dark the previous couple of chapters have been.

Admit it, Messi-sama. It was beautiful.
We're going to be alright... We're stronger than we think.

Still makes me tear up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom