• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

It didn't do that Young Justice cartoon much harm.

Also, didn't New 52 Superboy die or something?

Yeah but he didn't deal with it every single moment he was on screen either. In the comic it's all he obsessed over. Like I said, it got old quick.

As for Nu 52 Superboy....what a train wreck, at this point I got no idea what his deal is.

Forget teen titans and let's get PAD back to Young Justice comic. That comic was so amazing. Everyone should read it. Fun, upbeat young heroes. And impulse was so amazing. Then Johns took him and made him dull :/

Valiant is holding you back man!!

I approve of the Writer of Stuff writing more stuff. He better finish his new run of Star Trek: New Frontier books first though.

You should start reading more Avatar Press titles, m8. Diversify a little.

Clearly, more Dynamite books are needed.

Speaking of BoJack, I'm convinced that they
had BoJack steal the Hollywood sign's D
back in season one just so
they wouldn't have to pay for the rights to display the sign constantly.

You're not wrong. I do enjoy a lot of their stuff, although the fact that I only get it in bundles or on sale does help quite a bit.

Mostly, I just like weird crossovers, and boy do they deliver on that front. The only reason I was disappointed with Legenderry was that they didn't cram in Steampunk Voltron.

Nah fellas, I'm good. I know a guy who self-publishes comics out of his garage. Sells me his stuff for lunch at Taco Bell. Shit's fiyah.

Say hi to Rafa for me!

I went to see Ant Man. Great movie. Evangeline Lilly. My goodness that hair is amazing.

YES!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of BoJack, I'm convinced that they
had BoJack steal the Hollywood sign's D
back in season one just so
they wouldn't have to pay for the rights to display the sign constantly.

That is without a doubt my favorite part of the show, narrowly edging out Vincent Adultman.
They way that everyone instantly switched to saying "Hollywoo" hit me directly in the funny bone.

Messi

Ant Man legit spoilers
that after credits scene with Hope and the suit. My heart. Hot toy now.

Falcon was amazing too

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ant Man legit spoilers
that after credits scene with Hope and the suit. My heart. Hot toy now.

Falcon was amazing too

That was the most excited a post credit scene has made me in a while. I feel like in most of Phase 2 they felt a little too extraneous.

That is without a doubt my favorite part of the show, narrowly edging out Vincent Adultman.
They way that everyone instantly switched to saying "Hollywoo" hit me directly in the funny bone.

MY favorite runner is the printer text throughout.

I Had a ball at Diane's Birthday
Please Underline Ball
And Birthday
I Don't Know What's So Hard About This

tim1138

I think this might be my new favorite comic book cover.

I just burst out laughing when I saw it. It's so... extraordinary. I think even if people didn't know who the characters are they would laugh at the presentation.

That is a great issue too.
Ostrander incorporated the New Gods brilliantly into Suicide Squad.

Avatar does put out a lot of crap, but Crossed: Wish You Were Here is 1. free and 2. legit good. Errybody should have a go at that.

In all seriousness, there are what I can only assume are some amazing stories on that label, judging just from the talent. Crossed being one of the names I've heard thrown around before.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
There's also usually really good jokes in the runner on MSNBSea.

Basically, if you're going to watch Bojack, which you should, don't do it while multitasking.

Owzers

Man, they fucking killed any interest I had when they decided it was a good idea for old man Taker to cost Brock the title. Do they think people still give a shit about the Undertaker?

Undertaker is out for revenge!

Battleground was awful. They should have Undertaker vs Kane for Wrestlemania.

So someone at Rocksteady decided that, for a cool Easter egg in the Batgirl DLC for AK, that putting in a hidden room and having a
Starro in a tank
was their best option.

Apparently that's what they wanted to go with. It doesn't make sense in any given context, but THAT'S what they wanted to go with.

Then again there is a locked door and I assume in order to get it I need to get all the music boxes, balloons, and teeth. I only have two teeth left and I can't find the little bastards.
Oops you're right, I remember now.

Dude Lavi's always been a jobber. Couldn't even legit
beat Road.
I feel bad cus I love him, but he hasn't even beaten a level 3+ Akuma. To his credit though, they've stressed how much of an outsider the Bookmen are supposed to be, so he's not really supposed to be a top-tier exorcist or anything.
Except Lavi has easily one of the best Innocence out there. Plus,
no one can "legit" beat Road. She's OP, like essentially every single Noah except Wrath. He beat her as legitimate as possible.
Well looks like I'm going to sucked into another Season of Batman Eternal
Why?
Dick is front and center
5DpE5QS.jpg

I should read Batman Eternal.

Messi

They promised Harley Quinn in Batman Eternal. She wasn't in eternal. I won't believe their lies anymore.

BTW Harley's bit in eternal was clearly meant to be the jokers daughter bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom