• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ok sorry for not posting these earlier but I was pretty tired from each day and didnt really have a way to make a proper post, but here is a relatively quick summary of how Space City Comic Con went.

For some reason only the first 3 pictures are loading for me... Is anyone else having this same issue or is it just me? I'd love to see the rest.

Anyways, glad to hear it went well, Ed! Thanks for the post!

Zombine

Banned
This is what I'm hyped about:

bigdaddy.jpg

For some reason only the first 3 pictures are loading for me... Is anyone else having this same issue or is it just me? I'd love to see the rest.

Anyways, glad to hear it went well, Ed! Thanks for the post!

Same problem here! I wanna see all the cool things!

EDIT: Fixed now. Loving your Zatanna, ed!

This is what I'm hyped about:

bigdaddy.jpg

Have they done Infinite ones? Would love an Elizabeth.

Hagi

I have a confession to make. I have never seen the following:

Up
Wall-E
Brave

Watch the first two at some point. YMMV when it comes to Brave which I suppose is traitorous in a way considering I'm Scottish but man that is not a good movie.

Zombine

Banned
I legit think I didn't buy it because I thought Up cost too much. I don't like spending $30 on Blu-Rays. Marvel/Disney tax can suck it.

You guys are making me feel better about not watching these movies. At least Big Hero 6 is dope.

Wow, I totally forgot about this from New Frontier:

nf2ny7.jpg

Definitely due for a reread. I will also start calling people "motherless aliens" should they displease me.

There's been a ton of civil war threads in OT. Mostly ppl responding don't read it haha. I'm still reading it, but are there any comic event you guys do recommend?

Zombine

Banned
There's been a ton of civil war threads in OT. Mostly ppl responding don't read it haha. I'm still reading it, but are there any comic event you guys do recommend?

Marvel events are pretty lame. The only one that seeks to be amounting to anything is Secret Wars, and that requires a ton of prior reading.

Ok sorry for not posting these earlier but I was pretty tired from each day and didnt really have a way to make a proper post, but here is a relatively quick summary of how Space City Comic Con went.
Also, if anybody is interested in reading the comic, you can read it here. I also have physical copies, but they're $7 plus shipping (digital printing is not very efficient in regards to cost) but I can offer a free head sketch in there of any character you want. Just PM me[/SPOILER]
Nice! Sounds like you had a pretty successful con!
Hey guys, is there a reading order guide or something for BPRD? Jesus fuck, there are like 97 books labeled "Plague of Frogs." Are there any books not called Plague of Frogs?

The guide I'm following has it:
BPRD Plague of Frogs Omnis 1-4
BPRD 1946-1948 HC
something else I think
BPRD Hell on Earth whatever
And then there's the Hellboy books mixed in here and there along with spin-offs like Abe Sapien and Lobster Johnson if you want to read those

Final Crisis.

Personally, I also enjoyed Infinite Crisis, but it was definitely a "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" sort of deal.

Are we talking only line-wide things, or do Bat Family Crossovers merit a mention?

C.O.W.L volume #1: That was quite decent. I like the art and that the storytelling doesn't fall into a procedural rut (which I did fear when reading the synopsis). The increasingly fragmenting C.O.W.L logo at the start of each issue was a nice touch. It was also refreshing to get dropped right in the middle of major events, without too many origin stories and exposition. Will read vol #2 when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom