• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
My first actual shift at the FroYo place was last night. Enjoyed it as much as I thought I would! It's very very nice to actually work with people again. I can already tell this is going to be way better than my old job.
Also my cowork-... employees... are super cool too.

Oh, and one of my best friends from Banana Republic totally visited me on my first shift too. She was super wasted the other night and was like "Kipp! I'm totally going to come visit you on your first shift!" and I had assumed that she was just saying that because she was super drunk, but then she actually showed up. It was the best.

Also, having free time again is so crazy. It's awesome. I have pretty much the whole day off again today. Like whaaat.

dammit why didnt anyone tell me earlier haha

they should be fixed now

Just took a look at them all. Cool stuff, Ed! Thanks for sharing!

I have a confession to make. I have never seen the following:

Up
Wall-E
Brave

I have not seen any of those either.

Hagi

Wasn't there a Humble Bundle for Valiant a while ago? I need to check if I bought that, I've only read some Shadowman and I thought it was terrible. Would like to get into Quantum and Woody because it looks really fun from the panels I've seen posted.

Hagi

There was and Shadowman is the worst, at least according to Birdie and everyone else.

Crap I was positive I bought it but It's not in my Humble Bundle library, seems like it was a fantastic deal as well. Hopefully they have a sale again on CMX at some point in the future.

Crap I was positive I bought it but It's not in my Humble Bundle library, seems like it was a fantastic deal as well. Hopefully they have a sale again on CMX at some point in the future.

I'm sure they will soon. I think the last one was like a year ago. Surprised they don't do big sales more often; the president basically condoned piracy on twitter so long as people get to read their books. lol

Oh, ignore that. They do have sales pretty often.

so me and filthy slug's alt fyre's opinions dont matter on this huh

I see you fam

I don't need no stinkin opinions from Morrison stans.

9fMGb3D.jpg

I already saw your/frye's posts from earlier in the thread.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Filthy, did you get around to reading the Zenith omnibus? Any thoughts? Thinking of picking it up next month.

Not yet! I'm powering through Stray Bullets and The Invisibles and then I'm going to hop into Zenith.

Kipp

Guys, I'm craving some Doom Patrol today but I'm not going to do a full re-read. Tell me which arc I should read.
Right now I'm thinking I'll reread the Mallah and Brain issue and the Pentagon arc.

What are your favorite toppings, Kipp?

I had a tiny bit of froyo last night (first time having ice cream or froyo in probably like 3 years); I had the tart flavor (which wasn't even tart) and put blackberries on it. The blackberries were good. So I'll say blackberries are my favorite toppings.

Not yet! I'm powering through Stray Bullets and The Invisibles and then I'm going to hop into Zenith.

Gaaah. I still want to read The Invisibles more than anything else.

Bought volume 2 of Southern Bastard when it came out. Decided to read vol 1 first again. Powered through that and the first issue of 2nd volume last night before bed. Best indie next to Deadly Class.

Guys, I'm craving some Doom Patrol today but I'm not going to do a full re-read. Tell me which arc I should read.
Right now I'm thinking I'll reread the Mallah and Brain issue and the Pentagon arc.

Gaaah. I still want to read Stray Bullets more than anything else.

The Painting that ate Paris

Also, that's a good feeling you have, hold it tight, make it right

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG TP VOL 04 SECT CIVIL WAR
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG TP VOL 05 MISSION IMPROBABLE
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG TP VOL 06 AMERICAN WASTELAND
FEAR AGENT HC VOL 01
FEAR AGENT LIBRARY ED HC VOL 02
GOTHAM CENTRAL TP BOOK 02 JOKERS AND MADMEN
GOTHAM CENTRAL TP BOOK 03 ON THE FREAK BEAT
GOTHAM CENTRAL TP BOOK 04 CORRIGAN
GOTHAM CENTRAL VOL 1 IN THE LINE OF DUTY TP
I KILL GIANTS FIFTH ANNV ED TP
MIND MGMT HC VOL 01
MIND MGMT HC VOL 02 FUTURIST
MIND MGMT HC VOL 03 HOME MAKER
MIND MGMT HC VOL 04 MAGICIAN
MIND MGMT HC VOL 05 THE ERASER
SLEEPER OMNIBUS HC (MR)

552714_203702703095488_1567040063_n.png

Kipp

The Painting that ate Paris

I was going to say "Eh, not really feeling that one" since I can't remember it too well and don't really remember what was so great about that arc (besides the general concept), but then I realized that means it's a perfect candidate for a re-read. So okay, you win.

Everyone, prepare yourself for me spamming posts about how incredible Doom Patrol is and how it's the best comic ever to exist.

I was going to say "Eh, not really feeling that one" since I can't remember it too well and don't really remember what was so great about that arc (besides the general concept), but then I realized that means it's a perfect candidate for a re-read. So okay, you win.

Everyone, prepare yourself for me spamming posts about how incredible Doom Patrol is and how it's the best comic ever to exist.

Any arc with Mr. Nobody is a 10 by default.

Wut. That's the best arc in the series! That first froyo in 3 years give you brain freeze?

Kipp

Haven't even gotten past the first cover of the first issue and already feel the need to post:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH SIMON BISLEY'S COVERS ARE THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH.

Wut. That's the best arc in the series! That first froyo in 3 years give you brain freeze?

Well, see, I've got an absolutely horrible memory. Which is kind of a blessing in disguise when it comes to reading because it means I can reread my favorite stuff over and over and it stays relatively fresh. Haha

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Painting that Ate Paris is definitely the best Doom Patrol arc:
1818949-painting_8.jpg

But the Flex Mentallo arc is damn good as well, especially at its climax.

Kipp

Does anyone remember which issue (or even which arc) that scene in Doom Patrol with the guy who makes that reality TV show (in Japan?) is in? I just remembered that and I remember it being one of my favorite things. I want to reread that as well, but I have no idea where it is in my omnibus.

Does anyone remember which issue (or even which arc) that scene in Doom Patrol with the guy who makes that reality TV show (in Japan?) is in? I just remembered that and I remember it being one of my favorite things. I want to reread that as well, but I have no idea where it is in my omnibus.

I actually don't recall this...

Superman #42 Preview (CBR)

"You've been showing up to work with bruises ever since Superman got depowered, you just fought off an army of shadow ninjas singlehandedly, and a few minutes ago you were shot and bleeding out in my car and now you're perfectly fine. But, just to be absolutely 100% certain, let me rip that tattered sweater off your chest -- I can't quite make out the skintight blue bodysuit you're wearing under it..."

You earn that Pulitzer, Lois.

Kipp

Oh man. I knew Robotman was basically my favorite character ever, but I forgot exactly why. So good.

I actually don't recall this...

I only vaguely remember it... I'm pretty sure it was Doom Patrol at least. Lol
I'm at least 99% sure it was a Morrison book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom