• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Transformers bundles had some duplication.

True, but to be fair, they goofed with the first bundle being so much random stuff, and a lot of it was flat out bad like the Mike Costa stuff and most of All Hail Megatron.

The second bundle was way better, IMO, and what the first one should have been. Locking RID and MTMTE into the bonus tier the first time was crap.

Looks like the first Star Wars trade is set to sell pretty well too.

Marvel's current "Star Wars" line has been a major sales hit thus far in 2015, and it looks like that success will extend into the collected editions. ComicBook.com has word that the first volume of the "Star Wars" ongoing series, collecting issues #1-#6, is expected to sell more than 225,000 and 250,000, as reported by Marvel, in initial direct market retailer orders. The site points out that's roughly five times the average sales of most first volumes of Marvel collected editions.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/star-wars-collected-edition-expected-to-sell-more-than-225000-in-initial-orders

It is pretty remarkable how Star Wars has pretty consistently dominated every aspect of comic books sales since the Marvel re-launch.

giphy.gif

The sales have been thoroughly deserved so far. I didn't love Leia's series but Star Wars and Vader have been fantastic. Can't wait for Shattered Empire now.

I was mildly interested in getting into the extended Star Wars universe. I was going to rewatch the films and everything.

Then all my hopes and dreams were Freeza'd.

:(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh hey! Just noticed that Joshua Dysart is writing a new book, Imperium (Valiant) that just had a TPB released today. Anyone read it? If so, thoughts on it?
After reading Unknown Soldier, Dysart has a lot of respect from me, so I'm really interested.

Marvel's Star Wars stuff doesn't hold a great amount of interest for me, personally. I got #1 from Loot Crate and it was grand, but not for me. I'd rather stories in different eras I guess, when I read Star Wars stuff it was stuff like the Old Republic, Legacy or the Dark Times that appealed to me most. Adding more stuff around the time of the films doesn't interest me that much, but I accept I'm in the minority there.

Also, I don't watch Marvel or DC TV, or even much TV at all, but I'm getting slightly cheesed off at the whining in every Marvel or Netflix thread. I probably should stop clicking them.

Oh hey! Just noticed that Joshua Dysart is writing a new book, Imperium (Valiant) that just had a TPB released today. Anyone read it? If so, thoughts on it?
After reading Unknown Soldier, Dysart has a lot of respect from me, so I'm really interested.

I've read it
surprise surprise
. It's a continuation of the events of Harbinger (also by Dysart), but it stands on its own and doesn't rely on those events for its story. It's actually pretty awesome. It's like a modern Cold War between superpowered entities. The twist is that the two organizations in conflict are actually both the bad guys. I love it, personally.

Kipp

I've read it
surprise surprise
. It's a continuation of the events of Harbinger (also by Dysart), but it stands on its own and doesn't rely on those events for its story. It's actually pretty awesome. It's like a modern Cold War between superpowered entities. The twist is that the two organizations in conflict are actually both the bad guys. I love it, personally.

I actually forgot that Dysart also wrote Harbinger. I might have to check out his Valiant stuff sometime.
Have you read Unknown Soldier by the way? That series is one of the other KIPP'S TOP PICKS books. It's likely in my Top 5 favorite runs of all-time. Collected in 4 TPBs.

Green Lantern and Swamp Thang for me.

Nothing for me to add to my wishlist this week, thankfully. There's already so much stuff on my wishlist that's stuff I REALLY want. Thank goodness I'm reading again, so after I read a bit more I'll need to make sure my backlog gets filled back up enough and do more IST ordering.

It's great. Dysart also wrote Harbinger for Valiant which is REALLY great

Zombine

Banned
bleez_da_by_artgerm-d8k9bpo.jpg

Just gonna sit here and wait for the announcement. The cover girls series has been dope. Did a bit of digging for this.

Will let her puke blood all over me.

I actually forgot that Dysart also wrote Harbinger. I might have to check out his Valiant stuff sometime.
Have you read Unknown Soldier by the way? That series is one of the other KIPP'S TOP PICKS books. It's likely in my Top 5 favorite runs of all-time. Collected in 4 TPBs.

I haven't read, but I have the first 2 volumes. I've been meaning to get to it, maybe after I finish Doom Patrol and catch up with a few Valiant titles.

I also forgot to mention Imperium reads fine on its own. It's a good jump-on point. But Harbinger was stellar, especially towards the end.

ReAxion

Marvel's Star Wars stuff doesn't hold a great amount of interest for me, personally. I got #1 from Loot Crate and it was grand, but not for me. I'd rather stories in different eras I guess, when I read Star Wars stuff it was stuff like the Old Republic, Legacy or the Dark Times that appealed to me most. Adding more stuff around the time of the films doesn't interest me that much, but I accept I'm in the minority there.

Also, I don't watch Marvel or DC TV, or even much TV at all, but I'm getting slightly cheesed off at the whining in every Marvel or Netflix thread. I probably should stop clicking them.

If you get a chance to check out Darth Vader on the cheap, go for it. I found it to be the best of the bunch by far, except I haven't read Lando yet.

If you get a chance to check out Darth Vader on the cheap, go for it. I found it to be the best of the bunch by far, except I haven't read Lando yet.

It's too early to judge Lando yet really but the first issue was a good read. Nice art from Maleev and Soule nailed Lando's voice as Gillen has with Vader. It was really weird seeing Lobot talk though.

ReAxion

It's too early to judge Lando yet really but the first issue was a good read. Nice art from Maleev and Soule nailed Lando's voice as Gillen has with Vader. It was really weird seeing Lobot talk though.

That's good to hear. I've been buried since SDCC when my shop was closed and I had to pick up 2 weeks of books the week after.

Someone posted this on Facebook. IST's reply to them on inquiries about delayed shipments.

We recently had two of our full time employees quit and our other full time employee was out of town for almost a week. So those two things together have caused delays with our orders. Also, our distributor, Diamond has been dealing with an ongoing issue that we are going back and forth with them in hopes to fix soon. But basically they recently had to purchase a warehouse that is at an offsite location, the items that are stored there take longer than the normal 2-3 business days to be filled. As of right now, our orders for the items in the offsite warehouse are only getting picked once a week. We are hoping that they can start picking those orders more often or we might have to post something on our website so that customers can be aware of this change.

On a positive note, we have also experienced a jump in our recent sales!! But that adds to the delay in our order processing time. We are hoping to have our orders caught up in the next day or two. Also, we have filled our holes in for staffing for the most part so we should be back on track soon!

Just gonna sit here and wait for the announcement. The cover girls series has been dope. Did a bit of digging for this.

Will let her puke blood all over me.

Aww, nice. Can't wait to get that statue. This must be the concept art or something.

I was mildly interested in getting into the extended Star Wars universe. I was going to rewatch the films and everything.

Then all my hopes and dreams were Freeza'd.

:(

What was it Freeza spoiled? The damn miscreant.

A major death, I reckon

Real talk, I actually did Freeza some spoiler tags in the Star Wars thread today, but I fixed it in like, 10 seconds. So if you did actually see, you just have shit luck.

IST updated, yo

Yeah, and they have shit and fuck this week.

Kipp

I haven't read, but I have the first 2 volumes. I've been meaning to get to it, maybe after I finish Doom Patrol and catch up with a few Valiant titles.

I also forgot to mention Imperium reads fine on its own. It's a good jump-on point. But Harbinger was stellar, especially towards the end.

Oh, sweet. You should definitely try to read that sometime soon. It's amazing.

And cool, good to know. Thanks!

Kipp read Hellboy

But I'm jamming through Sleeper! I'll read more of Hellboy after I finish Sleeper. I promise.

Uh-huh. All my fault.

Well, at least you admit it. :D

I found the designer's page. Has Catwoman dropped yet? Everyone else he modeled and has been released is posted as well.

The new Catwoman cover girl? I think she's out in October. I ordered her from DCBS.

Edit: Nope, nope.... that's the Bombshell. The new cover girls Catwoman is out at the end of December. Also ordered from DBCS, tho.

Oh, sweet. You should definitely try to read that sometime soon. It's amazing.

And cool, good to know. Thanks!

But I'm jamming through Sleeper! I'll read more of Hellboy after I finish Sleeper. I promise.

Actually since I made that post, I found a random seller on Amazon that had vol 3 for $6 new. Strange, but I bought it. I think I may start this soon.

You might have missed it, but I also ordered the Sleeper omni this morning. Did I do good senpai?

Finally got round to reading Batman #42. I found #41 a bit disappointing but this one was a lot better. I'm warming to Jim as Batman now and how the hell can you not like the
BAT-TRUCK?

I noticed Comixology were looking for software developers. Interesting qualifications required.

· PHP 5.x and/or Ruby-on-Rails
· Extensive experience in Java, Spring, Scala
· Angular, Node Js, bootstrap
· You tell great jokes
· REST/RPC API design and development
· Experience with protocol buffers
· You enjoy Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays
· Sphinx search engine integration
· Experience developing applications for Android and iOS devices (which means knowledge of Java and Obj-C)

AsfaeksBR

"Oh look, there's a comic store right next my university. I'll just take a look"

Watchmen for $15 + Batman The Long Halloween for $30.

Next month, East of West Year One. The other month, Absoluto Batman & Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom