• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

So, latest IST order: Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus 2, Mars Attacks IDW, Infestation Omnibus, Spiderman and the Xmen, and Thanos Imperative. Also, I just realized that I maaaaaay have been intending to pick up the Kabuki Library Edition to give a try and maaaaaaay have failed to do so because I never put it in my wishlist on IST. Correcting that now so it has a better chance next time...

So, latest IST order: Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus 2, Mars Attacks IDW, Infestation Omnibus, Spiderman and the Xmen, and Thanos Imperative. Also, I just realized that I maaaaaay have been intending to pick up the Kabuki Library Edition to give a try and maaaaaaay have failed to do so because I never put it in my wishlist on IST. Correcting that now so it has a better chance next time...
*shakes head* you must redeem yourself on your next order.

Infestation.... Mars Attacks..... and Kabuki is the book you forget? :(

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any good Tim Drake stuff in New 52? I miss Yost's then Nicieza's Red Robin book.

Also is the wiki right? Was he never Robin in New 52? That seems dumb.

Is there any good Tim Drake stuff in New 52? I miss Yost's then Nicieza's Red Robin book.

Also is the wiki right? Was he never Robin in New 52? That seems dumb.

No, that's wrong.

At least, I think it is. He spent time living with Bruce and Alfred, at least, so if he wasn't a Robin I'm deeply confused.

Damn, speaking of Cary Nord today, he guested for Unity #0 with Jose Villarubia and that shit was masterful. Also, Villarubia is a fellow Spaniard!

No, that's wrong.

At least, I think it is. He spent time living with Bruce and Alfred, at least, so if he wasn't a Robin I'm deeply confused.

I swear, this is one of the things that makes me want to punch a wall. In one book, there's a photo of Tim in the Robin costume (I forget which book but it was very early Nu52); then, they say he went straight to Red Robin. How the fuck can they not get this straight?

Started Hellboy: The Island and the dialogue here is great. "Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons"

I'd read more but I'm exhausted

Finished Avengers vs X-Men as well as the epilogue Consequences. Going to start reading Captain Marvel and All New X-Men. Though I think I might read First Class beforehand to get a better foundation. The action and stakes in Avengers vs X-Men were so silly, I didn't even realize that
Xavier died
until Logan said so afterwards.
Fucking Hawkeye was burned alive and they hand waved that shit.

Messi

Make sure to read Kelly Sues first two Captain Marvel trades before you read the marvel now ones. Read All New X-Men and Uncanny at the same time. The early issues cross back and forth in cool ways.

Trying to turn people away new readers freeza? If she wants Captain Marvel then Kelly Sues work is perfectly fine and some people, myself included love it.

I'm kidding, Messi.
I'm not kidding.
I feel like Bitch Planet is the first book in ages where Kelly Sue has had something to say.

Oh and don't act like you don't pull some mediocre books.

Hey, I dropped Batgirl! Progress!

Messi

I'm kidding, Messi.
I'm not kidding.
I feel like Bitch Planet is the first book in ages where Kelly Sue has had something to say.

Hey, I dropped Batgirl! Progress!

Read the first Bitch Planet issue and hated it. I also hated Pretty Deadly. Maybe her creator owned work is not for me.

I love how she writes Carol and her team in Captain Marvel.

Read the first Bitch Planet issue and hated it. I also hated Pretty Deadly. Maybe her creator owned work is not for me.

I love how she writes Carol and her team in Captain Marvel.

Pretty Deadly seemed like it would go somewhere at first, but it didn't hold my attention beyond issue 2. Amyway, I think Bitch Planet is a pretty interesting book, and the essays at the end of each issue are pretty enlightening.

Messi

mystery-in-space.png

I wish she was joking. This arc, the last arc of Batwoman is almost insultingly bad. Don't even waste time on it.

I wish she was joking. This arc, the last arc of Batwoman is almost insultingly bad. Don't even waste time on it.

We say it over and over but it bears repeating - Batwoman ended when Blackman and Williams left the book. For some reason DC kept releasing Batwoman issues for a while after that, but no one knows what that craziness was all about.

It was a mess the moment they wrote that
rapey vampire
bullshit.

But they did kinda retcon that, after a fashion.

Messi

We say it over and over but it bears repeating - Batwoman ended when Blackman and Williams left the book. For some reason DC kept releasing Batwoman issues for a while after that, but no one knows what that craziness was all about.

I like some of that stuff, but I will say it gets progressively worse on a steep decline. I had no problems with the vampire stuff, it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible imo. Just nowhere close to blackmans stuff. NOWHERE.

Tizoc

I still have to play episode 1.

Tomorrow the sex crims XXX OMalley variant is out. I want to see it.

Stop wasting your time on GAF and go play it, the girly hijinx are GotY material alone.

Gotta finish Ep. 4 myself later today.

I'm aware Captain Marvel isn't praised too highly around here.

Far as Ms. Marvel goes, the 2000s series was good IMO, I can't say much about this current run as it never interested me :/
The Peter David Captain Marvel series was good too, but I have yet to read it myself :p

If you want a series with a good female lead check out the current Ms. Marvel series.

Wonder Woman #0: That was fun and also a great example for the article about speech balloons that was posted in this thread recently.
Link it cuz I missed it
Watching Agents of Shield for the first (ish) time...

The Avengers 2 transition is impressively jarring. Nowhere near as well handled as the Winter Soldier stuff. We go from
"hey, Coulson's got a Helicarrier!"
to
"Well, I guess Coulson saved the world with the Helicarrier... somehow?"
Oh, and everybody's friendly!

And then the Inhuman stuff keeps going without missing a beat. Very ood.
You can tell where the suits intervened in a show that they don't plan on ever involving in movie continuity anyway.
My 3 favorites are Batman: Year One, Under The Red Hood, and Justice League: DOOOMED. I would firmly put it in the group with those films and not say...Atlanta Rising or whatever the hell it was called. It still suffers from the same "old white dude's idea of 'edgy'" like all the other PG-13 DC movies, but it's still great.
I'd agree with you on Year One being really good and one of the upper side of the DC Animated films, except I only genuinely like the Gordon parts and nothing else.
Skottie Young Marvel statues from Gentle Giant?! Why the SHIT was I not told!?
Aaaaaw shiiit
AoS just got real stupid real fast. Gonna have to do an LTTP, 'cause god am I annoyed at this plot turn.
What plot point?

Mindwipe

Watching Agents of Shield for the first (ish) time...

The Avengers 2 transition is impressively jarring. Nowhere near as well handled as the Winter Soldier stuff. We go from
"hey, Coulson's got a Helicarrier!"
to
"Well, I guess Coulson saved the world with the Helicarrier... somehow?"
Oh, and everybody's friendly!

And then the Inhuman stuff keeps going without missing a beat. Very ood.

It would have worked a bit better if
Coulson having a fucking Helicarrier and the thousands of staff to man and maintain it
was ever mentioned again, or if AOU had had him appear at all. Or if Fury had shown up to give some context.

It would have worked a bit better if
Coulson having a fucking Helicarrier and the thousands of staff to man and maintain it
was ever mentioned again, or if AOU had had him appear at all. Or if Fury had shown up to give some context.

What, does it not even come up in the movie? They just sweep it under the rug?

Oy vey.

Zombine

Banned
Am I allowed to re-review Age of Ultron? I still feel bad that I got at least one of you to go see it. I got swept up in the flashy stuff.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
My library in Marvel ultimate is shockingly huge now. Up to issue seven in m Hawkeye, and I've added all the recommended Doctor Strange, Invincible Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, all the Morales Spiderman's, and Ms. Marvel's. Oh, and Daredevils as well.

I'm never going to catch up at this rate but what a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom