• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
DarthVader13.jpg

Woha

YESSSS. In general, those last 10 issues or so are just RELENTLESS. Sooo good.

Does this mean you've finished? HOW AMAZING WAS IT?

Yes, I finished it. Those last few issues were brutal as hell. How could Morrison just leave this team in shambles like that? Jesus.

Doom Force was the ultimate cherry topper. Straight Liefeld rips, the Scratch with utensils in one hand, Shasta, that chick that turns into a mall. My God.

Hagi

Anyone who cares about original Bryan Lee o Malley original art I just got this email.

Last time the pages went crazy quick.

I'd love to buy something Ramona but ugh too expensive for my blood. Thanks to you though I'm going to buy a Ramon Villalobos X-men piece.

Boogiepop

So, let me talk about Justice League 3000. Read volumes 1 and 2, and I definitely enjoyed them. There's just something fun about them. Though there were a number of... dicey spots. Not to say they ruined things, but they were definitely distracting.

The one kind of frivilous but weird thing is that volume 2 is like 2 issues short of the relaunch to 3001, though I don't know if that matters. Just seems a little odd, but not a huge deal. As for things that are spoilers,
the HUGE one is that the "Terry is the evil mastermind" thing has yet to be properly explained, and it's been long enough since the reveal that I'm half wondering if they didn't know themselves and just did it for the twist. Like, how exactly did he form the Five and why are they all listening to him? And equally important, why the hell did he spend all that time making the Justice League and having them fight against the Five? Then there's the whole thing with Locus, and ESPECIALLY whatevers going on with their unwritten Golden Age level moral stupidity. Like, the Five are insanely powerful and have inslaved half of the universe or whatever. And Locus is pretty much godlike power and obliterates them in their first meeting (though she is thought out worse and worse in each subsequent "fight"). But when they sucker punch her and knock her out, they don't even discuss the possibility of killing her, they just leave her there to be woken up and immediately a huge threat again. And then again the second time, though I beleive they may not have had the chance that time. And then the third time, they... put her in magic super coma with the others? How is completely shutting her down, brain and all, with the hopes that it'll be forever, any different than killing her? Like, I'm not usually bugged by the "why do they stick so firmly to the no killing" thing, but here it's just an insanely poor decision that's dooming a large chunk of the universe with no possible hope of an imprisonment or anything that's not, again, essentially death, but with the chance of being broken free to screw up the universe again. Oh, and then they actively suggest and follow through on "their word" of just letting Terry go to, again, ruin like half the universe. The book could've just had it so that it was somehow Terry forcing them to let it go, and it would've resulted in a more effective seeming villain and less questionable heroes. In a similar note, can't help but feel it would've been way, way more powerful having the moment you first see a "volunteer" of the regeneration be when they have to revive Teri, rather than just having it as another notch in the "Terry is evil, guys" belt. As for smaller things: like I said, Terry still isn't explained at all, but Kali also doesn't feel like she fits with the godlike powers of the others, and I totally thought she was an underling at first. And Teri kind of going from super genius without perfect morality to naive teen sidekick learning the ropes doesn't feel quite right, though I'm willing to write that off as the "thing wrong with the regeneration process", or maybe just too much Barry in there.

Which isn't to say I don't love it or it isn't totally my type of book. And I absolutely want more. But I feel like it definitely has some issues too...

Hagi

Yeah pretty much all the pages with the og xmen on them are gone.

I'll have to keep a look out for when he puts pages up for issue 2 that or shoot them an email and see if I can get him to do a companion piece of Emma to go with Scott.

The Archie Horror titles are the most frustrating thing in comics, I think. They are utterly amazing, but the wait between issues is torturous and you forget what happens in the story between releases. :(

Is Finch and Huston's run of Moon Knight any good?

For Doctor Strange, where do I start?

Any good Star Wars comics worth reading?

Legacy and Knights of the Old Republic are my favorites.

I'd go with Freeza here.

It's much better than the comically sociopathic Crime Syndicate.

I like the Crime Syndicate, Morrison's version was great.

Infestation.... Mars Attacks..... and Kabuki is the book you forget? :(

This is partly my fault, but I don't know what Kabuki is. It sounds like mangoo though.

Messi

I'll have to keep a look out for when he puts pages up for issue 2 that or shoot them an email and see if I can get him to do a companion piece of Emma to go with Scott.

Around con times if you sign up for their newsletter felix sends out an email telling you who is doing con commissions. You dont need to be at the con to buy one and felix will ship it out.

Owzers

It feels like it's been so long since i last read an East of West issue, marathoning through 19 issues that i had in the flop stack and then....waiting. This is not how reading should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom