• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so without giving anything major away I have to say that I thought Gods & Monsters was very good. I enjoyed the animation, and the fight scenes were really brutal. Acting was much better than your typical DC DTV movie, and with Timm involved the background got much more detail than what you would find in some of the other films. My interest in this universe is still very much intact, and I would love it if DC continued to release more books and shorts after the events of the movie.

The boobs were a lie. It was nothing.

But yeah, I would give the film a rock solid 8/10. It's a movie I think you should buy.

What did you think of the past films? Favorite of those?

Messi

Ok, so without giving anything major away I have to say that I thought Gods & Monsters was very good. I enjoyed the animation, and the fight scenes were really brutal. Acting was much better than your typical DC DTV movie, and with Timm involved the background got much more detail than what you would find in some of the other films. My interest in this universe is still very much intact, and I would love it if DC continued to release more books and shorts after the events of the movie.

The boobs were a lie. It was nothing.

But yeah, I would give the film a rock solid 8/10. It's a movie I think you should buy.

3820365-3484570325-tumbl.gif

Veelk

Banned
Gods and Monsters is the best "What if our heroes were evil" elseworld take I've ever seen because 1. It doesn't turn the heroes into laughable caricatures of themselves. They're all still capable of empathy and caring, they're just harsher and there are reasons for it. And 2. they're not the same heroes. Superman is kal-el, but with Zod's DNA which makes him more like him, but not entirely, so he still holds elements of normal superman. Meanwhile, Batman and Wonder Woman are not Bruce and Diana, but entirely different characters, allowing for a whole new story, a whole new take on them that is respectful of the source material while being it's own thing.

It's much better than the comically sociopathic Crime Syndicate.

Messi

Anyone who cares about original Bryan Lee o Malley original art I just got this email.

Hey Bryan Lee O'Malley fans! Our fourth big sale goes live tomorrow, Wednesday, July 29th, at 12PM PDT!

Check out over 100 never-before-offered pieces from all six volumes of SCOTT PILGRIM, as well as Bryan's latest bestseller, SECONDS! Once these are gone, they are gone! And Bryan's stash is getting low...so stop by tomorrow to grab a piece from some mordern comics classics.
See you soon, thanks!

Felix
www.felixcomicart.com

Last time the pages went crazy quick.

Zombine

Banned
What did you think of the past films? Favorite of those?

My 3 favorites are Batman: Year One, Under The Red Hood, and Justice League: DOOOMED. I would firmly put it in the group with those films and not say...Atlanta Rising or whatever the hell it was called. It still suffers from the same "old white dude's idea of 'edgy'" like all the other PG-13 DC movies, but it's still great.

Even with that foreknowledge, shit still hits like a ton of bricks. And that's just the beginning, breh

fuck dude

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

also, rekt lol

*opens up vol 6* Sean Phillips!?

My 3 favorites are Batman: Year One, Under The Red Hood, and Justice League: DOOOMED. I would firmly put it in the group with those films and not say...Atlanta Rising or whatever the hell it was called. It still suffers from the same "old white dude's idea of 'edgy'" like all the other PG-13 DC movies, but it's still great.

Hmm I'll probably check it out regardless, I own all the DC films even though I haven't seen one since JL: War.

frye

Gods and Monsters was pretty good although it felt like a movie pilot for a tv series. It lacked detail in some bits of story surrounding the characters and the world.

In true DC style the main story revolves around
Batman.

remember when Assault on Arkham morphs into a
Batman Joker story like half way through and says fuuuck off to all that trashy but slightly fun Suicide Squad stuff

tomorrow fyre

1437611310_g3.jpg

tomorrow

anyone who doesn't read Transformers Vs GI Joe is a fool and personally dead to me until they recitify this critical flaw in their lives

So guys! I have Marvel Unlimited and I want to know the best comic lines I can read on there regardless of characters. I want to know the ones with the best plots, the biggest plot twists, and the best set of characters without making it to hard to follow. I don't mind the character or group the line is based on as long as its great! Thanks!

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender is great. The beginning to the end of the Dark Angel Saga are some of my favorite superhero comics. If you enjoy this series then you can follow it with Uncanny Avengers which is a sequel series.

I see we already suggested Superior Foes of Spider-Man and Daredevil by Bendis, both of those are quality comics that deserve your time for sure. Daredevil by Mark Waid is really great stuff too and Hawkeye by Matt Fraction is fantastic.

Owzers

in between Messi buying blank pages because they remind him of Moon Knight I watched the first episode of Bojack, i think I'll probably like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom