• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

Went and exchanged my Secret Wars #4 floppy for one that wasn't missing pages. Man, I missed the best part in the book and accidentally read the spoiler in this thread thinking I had finished reading it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm finally dropping The Wicked + The Divine after 12 issues. Slow plot progression, lack of character development and it's so fucking boring. I should have went with my instincts six issues ago but the "maybe the next one will pick up the pace" mentality kept me in arm's length. Now I know how Messi feels with whatever trash he was reading by Nocenti some time ago.

PsychBat!

Banned
Enjoy the glorious victory

30MuB3q.png

Didn't you get upset though?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm finally dropping The Wicked + The Divine after 12 issues. Slow plot progression, lack of character development and it's so fucking boring. I should have went with my instincts six issues ago but the "maybe the next one will pick up the pace" mentality kept me in arm's length. Now I know how Messi feels with whatever trash he was reading by Nocenti some time ago.

I might not be far behind you. The previous issue gave me some hope, but this week's issue is losing me again. I still like the art, but the story isn't as interesting as it was initially.

Messi

Didn't you get upset though?

no?

Civil war was because some people wanted to split off into a different thread just for DC books.

Went and exchanged my Secret Wars #4 floppy for one that wasn't missing pages. Man, I missed the best part in the book and accidentally read the spoiler in this thread thinking I had finished reading it.

You don't know my pain. I read 22 issues of that crap lol.

So, if I'm reading this interview with Al Ewing about The Ultimates correctly, Galactus isn't actually on the team but is the first baddie they have to beat? Booo.

Unless it's just a coverup... where's my tin-foil hat?

What? He wouldn't be on the cover, then. With the team standing in his palm. My other guess was that he'll be just like the team Zordon and he would be the one to send them out on missions.

Eh, whatever. Team is still badass.

fauxtrot

Banned
Nah. Fight Big G then he joins.

Boom.

Also please let Carol constantly being shown up as the weakest member on everything.

Please.

What? He wouldn't be on the cover, then. With the team standing in his palm. My other guess was that he'll be just like the team Zordon and he would be the one to send them out on missions.

Eh, whatever. Team is still badass.

Hmm, I hope this is true.

Maybe that's what Ewing is hinting about when he says, "Well, we start off with a Galactus two-parter that’ll probably go further than people are expecting. I mean it — you might think you know what’s going to happen, but unless you’re a very good guesser, you don’t." in that interview? I guess we won't know until December/January.

TheStig88

Some good picks there, looks good to me.

Also you liked Power Girl?
d1pEdtP.gif

my friend
Loved it, actually.

Anyways, LCS was a little short on trades so I ended up walking away with the Gotham Academy trade and singles for The Spire, Shutter, Sex Crims, and Southern Bastards to test the waters. Guess I'll have to finish up my shopping list online.

Messi

Loved it, actually.

Anyways, LCS was a little short on trades so I ended up walking away with the Gotham Academy trade and singles for The Spire, Shutter, Sex Crims, and Southern Bastards to test the waters. Guess I'll have to finish up my shopping list online.

instocktrades.com love those prices and amazing shipping quality

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Gaaaaaaah. So excited. I have the weekend off for the first time since January and I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to go camping and bouldering. Wooooooo!
Driving up with bouldering girl to meet up with some other people from my bouldering gym. Gonna be the best weekend.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Gaf downage made me venture out into the scary three dimensional world. Saw Dope. The titel says it, it was great. And I was finally able to answer my question: Is it the '90s or are they hipsters?
They were hipsters.

Messi

Yeah, that is a great one. The one I was thinking of in particular when I made the other post was this one from East of West (which I'm like, 4 issues behind - need to pick up tpb 4 along with the OHC next week):

Dragotta just captured something magnificent with this panel.

Great panel

Yeah, I don't know what Gillen is doing. I think he has Peter Pan syndrome. The plot is glacially placed and I just don't feel anything for the characters. Maybe it will be better collected, but I read twenty seven issues of The Massive and I'm not about to find out.

And are the Knights of the Old Republic Epic Collection any good?

Knights of the Old Republic was my favorite Dark Horse Star Wars book next to Star Wars Legacy. So yeah.

Welp, a too little too late apology is better than being a shithead/defensive about what you've put out there... right?

https://twitter.com/JamesDRobinson/status/616825692886466560

Can you explain to me specifically what the problem was? I didn't read the comic, so spoilerz are fine, just tag them plz.

ElNarez

Banned
Welp, a too little too late apology is better than being a shithead/defensive about what you've put out there... right?

https://twitter.com/JamesDRobinson/status/616825692886466560

James Robinson
‏@JamesDRobinson
My lack of response to opinions on Airboy #2 is not from indifference. In contact with GLAAD. Will issue statement tomorrow. Night night.

Yeah. Yeah that's smart. Talk to people who might know better about the situation. Smart.

You could have saved yourself so much trouble if you did it, like, when you wrote it? Before it made it to print, even? I can't believe James Robinson could be that fucking dumb but here we are.

Sounds like Gillen's RPS game reviews. Dude's usually far too in love with his own prose.

I remember dating some girls who said guys would never have sex when they had their period. Smh.

That is surprisingly common, from what i hear. Dunno what's the logic there, really. Nothing more than red-tinted lube.

Yeah. Yeah that's smart. Talk to people who might know better about the situation. Smart.

You could have saved yourself so much trouble if you did it, like, when you wrote it? Before it made it to print, even? I can't believe James Robinson could be that fucking dumb but here we are.
He's an artist brah and the old guard. He's not use to this generation and the means of communication. Note, I haven't read Airboy nor do I intend to.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting such an extra regular issue following issue 11's events. Still with it for the time being but I only started reading like 3 months ago so It hasn't felt as protracted.

fauxtrot

Banned
Can you explain to me specifically what the problem was? I didn't read the comic, so spoilerz are fine, just tag them plz.

The issue is filled with transmisogyny and the slur
"tranny"
, amongst other things... ElNarez linked this article earlier in the thread and I think it does a better job breaking down the issues with what Robinson wrote than I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom