• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I bought a ton of used books after i got situated into the comics buying and not reading world, mainly from gohastings.com sales. Now that I got caught up with stuff for the most part i tend to only buy new releases new from IST or DCBS, along with digital sales and reading on MU instead of bothering with trades.

I bought a ton of used books after i got situated into the comics buying and not reading world, mainly from gohastings.com sales. Now that I got caught up with stuff for the most part i tend to only buy new releases new from IST or DCBS, along with digital sales and reading on MU instead of bothering with trades.

Yep, that's pretty much, especially the not reading part.

EXCLUSIVE: "HERCULES" RETURNS IN NEW MARVEL SERIES BY ABNETT & ROSS

Being one of the Marvel Universe's ageless beings often means confronting several lifetimes' worth of regret, but it also means it's never too late to atone and turn your life around, a lesson the Olympian demigod Hercules knows all too well. Over his centuries of life, he's done some good, but he's also misbehaved quite often.

In November, writer Dan Abnett and artist Luke Ross launch a new ongoing "Hercules" series. In it, Herc attempts to turn over a new leaf and become the hero he once was and knows he can be again. It's a quest that will have the Avenger confronting the challenges that arise when modern day Manhattan and the myths of various ancient cultures collide.

In an exclusive first interview, Abnett spoke with CBR News about his plans for the Olympian demigod, the way in which he and Ross will examine the character's past while honoring previous continuity, and the mythical and Marvel characters Herc will encounter on his quest to be a better hero and god.

HERC2015001-Mock-HQ-fff82.jpg

In this age of equality, I for one am glad they have given Hercules pants.

Still, this sounds quite good. I think I'll try it.

Owzers

That godzilla page looks great, is that your ipad wallpaper?

Secondly, it's been a long time since Abnett's name got me to buy a book, Hercules sounds interesting but I'm not sold.

Zombine

Banned
That godzilla page looks great, is that your ipad wallpaper?

Secondly, it's been a long time since Abnett's name got me to buy a book, Hercules sounds interesting but I'm not sold.

No It's my page that just came in the mail. I think taking pics of my pages the wrong with my way looks better. I also hate it when too much other crap gets in the way. I left the box and packing sheet slightly visible to show that it was actually mine lol

ReAxion

It's happening again.

@zdarsky
Just a reminder: Apple AND Google don't want you to get Sex Criminals 11 on their devices. You have to get them through @comiXology's site

Although I'm seeing Sex Criminals #11 right now in iBooks.

Boogiepop

Also, before I forget again, just let me say, I kind of love the ridiculously blatant Green Lantern dig in Nova where he turns to the veiwer and mugs while being "who'd be dumb enough to enlist a planet in the corps" or something to that effect.

Raul Allen on art for Ninjak and Bllodshot: Reborn next month? Mama mia.

Also, new Humble Bundle with some comics.

There are some quality comics in that bundle. Phonogram, Nowhere Men and Wic/Div for $5? Nice.

Very tempted by the $15 tier with The Fifth Beatle and Hip-Hop Family Tree Volume 1. I've wanted to read The Fifth Beatle for aaaaaages.

fauxtrot

Banned
That Hercules interview with Abnett has me sold on at least the first six issues... it sounds like there is a lot of potential there and I'm looking forward to a handful of one-and-done issues to kick things off.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fuck yes! Hunted down a Avengers Artbook o/ It was never avaiable under 300€ for the last 6 months!
payed 18€ and its already disparched o/

Fuck yes! Hunted down a Avengers Artbook o/ It was never avaiable under 300€ for the last 6 months!
payed 18€ and its already disparched o/

Wow, good price. They've been going for ridiculous prices. I really like the Guardians one but I haven't really felt like buying any of the others.

Ninjak #5: Solid ending to a solid arc. Love Kindt's take on the character (he's more an arrogant Dick Grayson than Bruce Wayne), but the story was just good enough. Art was good, nothing crazy. Overall, just a good fun book that isn't blowing any minds.

EDIT: holy shit, I'm always late with comic news, but Venditti and Allen on a new Eternal Warrior ongoing? Is this real life?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Do they have individual toes? Those shoes are freaky...

Nah, those are Vibram FiveFingers. Those aren't made for climbing. In climbing shoes you actually want all your toes to stay together as much as possible, which is the opposite of what FiveFingers do.

tell your roommates you just spend part of the rent on shoes brehs

I live with my parents and don't pay rent. Aw yeah

bro that's like 140 cliff bars. Should have gone for the protein.

Dammit. You're right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom