• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Dayyyum, you weren't kidding about those prices. Scooped up a couple more from my list and I'm going to give Velvet a shot because it looks positively badass after a quick perusal. That also linked me to Fatale, which sounds equally awesome. Starting to feel like I've opened Pandora's Box.

About to have a friend at work beating that gong. He's absolutely convinced it's going to be awesome. I'm... not.

IST is gonna save you so much cash. Wait until you see the packaging

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Was really into everything that the last issue of Zero was, unsurprisingly. Good stuff.

tumblr_nqugd7TG6y1qdmrf4o1_1280.png

edit: oh man Spurrier picks the best panels from his comics tho

tumblr_npure8soEO1rww0ito1_500.png

TheStig88

Original art Pages, premium formats, hot toys or lots of statues :)
Actually had a couple of PFs, had being the operative word. Have had horrible luck with Sideshow's QC ultimately, and I'm not a huge fan of mixed media either. The latter being why I'm selling my
Harley
PF. Waiting for Prime 1 to drop the hammer on me with their Arkham Knight Catwoman.

TheStig88

What is this Prime 1 of which you speak? Is this Catwoman of the fantastic latex variety?

I knew that was coming.

Destiny(Sandman).JPG
Japanese company doing 1/3 scale statues from AK. Their Batman just went up for order on Sideshow. No, no latex I'm afraid, at least I don't think. They haven't officially revealed her yet, but her AK look isn't particularly latexy, so probably not. And so did I. I just can't get over the look of mixed media. They just look like pajamas to me, and so it has to be done. I saved myself once, but not twice. Such a cruel world we live in, this ComicsGAF.

PsychBat!

Banned
We almost lost one puppy. My sister was crying when the puppy started losing his color and feared for his death.

Close call, but he's fine.

I panicked.

Owzers

Maybe spending all my comic money on Image books isn't a bad idea, though the downside is do i wait for OHCs?. Buy the first trade paperback of something then wait for the OHC if i want to continue?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
But guys. I'm so excited for this weekend trip.

Also, I'm starting to think I dodged a bullet by things not really working out on the serious-relationship-level with bouldering girl. I still love being friends with her, but man she complains a lot. And she's super flakey. And she's into astrology. :|
Things that are already slightly getting on my nerves but would become pretty unbearable if I was in a relationship with her.
With that said, I still have a crush on her. Also, did I mention that she's going on this weekend trip with me? We're driving up together and sharing a tent and she's buying both of us food and everything.

Also, I'm starting to think I dodged a bullet by things not really working out on the serious-relationship-level with bouldering girl. I still love being friends with her, but man she complains a lot. And she's super flakey. And she's into astrology. :|
Things that are already slightly getting on my nerves but would become pretty unbearable if I was in a relationship with her.

Man, look at how great Kipp is. He talks himself off the ledge. Good job, Kipp.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, look at how great Kipp is. He talks himself off the ledge. Good job, Kipp.

Hahaha. Thanks, Freeza.

these Kipp posts give me life. "Eh, I don't like her THAT much anyway. but yo we're gonna be together on this trip omgggggggggg"

It makes no damn sense at all, but you nailed it. That quote has no lies in it.

how long has it been since our boy has read/talked about comics in the comics thread

not true he was hating on alias just today

Yeah, see?
Plus I think I said stuff about I Kill Giants to Messi too.

And also I totally "read" (barely any dialogue, more like "looked at") 10 pages of Shaolin Cowboy a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it.

look Kipp, rocks are great but can you really, truly, love a rock??

Well, I did straddle one pretty tightly on this one climb the other day. So... maybe?

But guys. I'm so excited for this weekend trip.

With that said, I still have a crush on her. Also, did I mention that she's going on this weekend trip with me? We're driving up together and sharing a tent and she's buying both of us food and everything.
This comic sounds interesting. Which one is it?

Some of these new "creative" teams are making it easy to whittle down the 15 books books that sounded at first to 6-8.

Yeah, I thought there would be more books I'd be really excited about. But at $3.99 a pop, that's a good thing. A lot of people seem to bd interested in Karnak, and I'm just not feeling that one.

ElNarez

Banned
Yeah, I thought there would be more books I'd be really excited about. But at $3.99 a pop, that's a good thing. A lot of people seem to bd interested in Karnak, and I'm just not feeling that one.

It's a Warren Ellis martial arts book with a weird hook. How are you not excited for exactly one trade's worth of that.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Love is a fickle thing. I was waiting to pick up my kids for the week, reading Nameless in my truck waiting on my ex, and texting my girlfriend screen shots just amazed. She was like "Okay" and "Great".

I texted her right back and told her that was not an acceptable response given the relative coolness of the subject matter. That we were talking about motherfucker magical astronauts and she'd better be able to appreciate that.

She just responded with "Okay". The bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom