• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I really enjoy The Immortal Iron Fist and Alias so far, but I would really like to read Danny Rand's origin where he have to beat the dragon to take over the mantle. What series should I read to get that?

tim1138

One thing I disliked about the Akira animated movie is the pacing, but overall, far as animation goes it's really top notch, the story, characters and pacing could've been adapted better though.

I dunno what they could have done pacing wise, it's hard to fit like 2000 pages of content into a 2 hour movie

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Okay guys, I'm back. What'd I miss. It's weird leaving ComicsGAF for a full day and a half.

Thinking back, the first half of 2015 has been pretty good for me, comics-wise. After reading Doom Patrol, Sandman Mystery Theatre and Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck for the first time last year, I had tempered my expectations for this year. But in the first 6 months, I've gotten to read great comics like Starman, It was the War of the Trenches, and Usagi Yojimbo. And some fun stuff like Parker, Bandette, Adele Blanc-Sec, JIM and Dial H for Hero.

Only dark spot was the Green Lantern omnibus. It is like Hershey's chocolate. The concept sounds nice and the packaging looks good. While you are eating, the initial sugar rush feels great but slowly you start tasting the plasticy flavour. But you power through the large bar anyway, because "hey! chocolate". And when you are done, all you are left with is an empty feeling of regret and self-loathing.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I really enjoy The Immortal Iron Fist and Alias so far, but I would really like to read Danny Rand's origin where he have to beat the dragon to take over the mantle. What series should I read to get that?

I think they get to that later in the run, but if they don't then it's in goofy 70s comics that are fun to read.

Okay guys, I'm back. What'd I miss. It's weird leaving ComicsGAF for a full day and a half.

Well a few people are actually reading comics, but that's the only surprise. How was weekend rock crawling?

So I read a bunch of Hellboy/BPRD today, and it's really weird how much GDT changed for the movies. I kept waiting for Abe to get psychic and Hellboy to get cats. It's better that the didn't. I definitely like Hellboy's stuff more than BPRD, but it's all pretty good. I wonder how far ahead Mignola and the other writers have to plan to make it all seem so seemless like that.

Yea. It's got it's faults but what they achieved was amazing. And the best OST ever. So awesome

I always get the feeling that everyone else liked Akira more than I did.

lol.

Martha Washington next after wrapping up the first Usagi Yojimbo omnibus. Animal Man after that.

I think you've almost sold me on the Usagi omnibi. Looks like the release schedule isn't bad either. Vol.4 on August 25th and 5 in November.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CJLLVNCWoAEgwRh.jpg

The Spire was dope as shit

Have to wait until next week for my copy, but happy to see all the positive reviews.

Si Spurrier's been on a hot streak, surprised he doesn't have a Marvel title from the previews.

Edit: Also thank you to ElBoxyBrown for the Aphrodite IX Vol. 1 and 2 books, planning to read those soon. :D

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Martha Washington next after wrapping up the first Usagi Yojimbo omnibus.

Yessssssss. Your massive Absolute-sized hardcover, right?

Well a few people are actually reading comics, but that's the only surprise. How was weekend rock crawling?

I don't believe you.

And it was really nice, thanks! Some really boring parts of the weekend (a lot of sitting around the campsite doing nothing; I'm bad at relaxing) but a lot of really great parts as well (the climbing and watching all of the fireworks from all of the cities below from this overlook that was 8,000 feet up and had a clear panorama view). Overall I'm super glad I went. It was a great experience. It was just nice to be in the mountains. Just nice to get away, really.

did you hit dat shit or nah

Nah.
This weekend pretty much confirmed for me that I'm not interested in her in that way. I'm stoked to be friends with her though. I'll definitely be doing a lot more outdoorsy stuff with her in the future. She's way into backpacking and camping and all that and I've needed someone to do that kind of thing with.

No spoilers allowed in Kipp |OT|, mate.

kipp was probably too cheap to buy condoms

being a virgin is cheaper

no baby mama probability

Hahaha

Nah.
This weekend pretty much confirmed for me that I'm not interested in her in that way. I'm stoked to be friends with her though. I'll definitely be doing a lot more outdoorsy stuff with her in the future. She's way into backpacking and camping and all that and I've needed someone to do that kind of thing with.

How about friends with benefits? If you're out camping in the middle of nowhere, sometimes people are gonna get that urge, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom