• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison School vol 1 $10.49 - Worth it?

It's hilarious. It's basically a very lewd manga intended to be a comedy.

hzdiOJb.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah he has done some stunning work. Love the effect he uses for the hammer in flight.

I don't like his Odinson tho.

You dont like cyber-arm-bearded-shirtless Thor? You are a bad person Messi, go sit in the corner

BspYAUZCYAAyosi.jpg

Messi

You lie. I just love that design. And lady Thor's too. It's going to be a problem when both costumes are available in MH

The costume is fine. When ribic draws that costume it looks amazing, I just don't like how it looks when Dauterman draws it. I really dislike the face.

It's the best manga going on right now. That's a yes.

It's hilarious. It's basically a very lewd manga intended to be a comedy.

hzdiOJb.gif

Intended to be, but it ends up just being lewd? :p Anyway, I bought it.

Final haul:
Southern Bastards vol 1&2 TPB
Ant-Man Vol 1 TPB
Buffy Season 10 Vol 3 (preorder)
Batman vol 3 and 7 HC
TMNT Deluxe HC Vol 1
Prison School vol 1 (preorder)
FF: 1234

Damn I wasn't planning on buying comics for awhile. :/

The costume is fine. When ribic draws that costume it looks amazing, I just don't like how it looks when Dauterman draws it. I really dislike the face.

I agree with you that his Odinson isnt great while his Thor is. Dauterman gives him this odd beard. It just doesnt click like his Thor.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What comic podcasts do you fine people listen to? I'd like to have more content during the week.

Comicvine
Comic Geek Speak
The Comic Conspiracy
Comic News Insider

That's mostly what I listen to.

Lately I've checked out...

11 O'clock Comics
iFanboy
Comixologist
Cape Crisis
Double Page Spread
Word Balloon
Feed It Comics
This Week In Marvel

11 O'Clock is my favorite of the bunch. It's just 3 knowledgeable dudes talking about comics. iFanboy is pretty solid too.

I started God of Thunder recently, it's pretty good. Very metal. I like how god damn vast it is, with each small civilization in every random planet with their own gods (some of which are dead as fuck)

Some of Ribic's reaction faces are hilarious in isolation tho

PsychBat!

Banned
Still trying to start a pull list series of videos or comic review videos. Pull list sounds easier I guess. I've been waiting on ComicGAF to start a group to do one but that's a pipe dream.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Still trying to start a pull list series of videos or comic review videos. Pull list sounds easier I guess. I've been waiting on ComicGAF to start a group to do one but that's a pipe dream.

Do a podcast and me and gketter can do the MU segment :p

Or me and gket could just do a MU podcast hmm

Zombine

Banned
CopOut%201.jpg

This movie sucks.

I'm sure a lot of this has to do with Kevin Smith, but he tells a great story about how Bruce Willis is a royal pain in the ass and basically wouldn't listen to his direction and tried to change scenes around. It was a bomb from the very inception of the flick.

No, it is really funny. It's just that the humor is sometimes overshadowed by how lewd it can be.

My avatar is best girl from Prison School.

I was joking, but noted. Hopefully it's for me, I'm too much into manga these days. There are a few that have caught my eye recently, though (this and Berserk chief among them).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh man The Luna Brothers.
LunaBryceDallasHoward.JPG

I didn't read Girls cuz it creeped me out from what art I saw of it, but Sword is among my fav. work from them

Def. give this a read ComicGAF, short series but concludes nicely. Might be time for a re-read...

will do! loving Alex + Ada

great work, i guess i need to take some bouldering pics next time

In 5 years time we won't be reading our comics; we'll be watching them.
Okay Mark Millar, go fuck yourself.

"HUCK will have the graphics of Toy Story 2, the immersiveness of Shenmue, and will be Air Bud meets Bloodsport with a leash of Ratatouille existential crisis."

Also, not one of the best deals on Amazon right now, but for a mere $7 and change, The Valiant is a masterclass standalone story and a great entry point into the Valiant Universe. Here's some samples of Paolo Rivera's incredible work on that series. One of the few stories I felt like re-reading immediately after finishing.

Rhaknar

Did Ribic do that pre-female Thor run? The 2012 one

frye

I always thought Rivera went off DD to do his own stuff but he pops up 3 years later doing Valiant Comics (amazing work obvs but still!)

Rhaknar

read the credits on comics Rhaknar. People make them.

It would have been faster for you to just awnser than it is for me to search for and load up the comic on MU because it's such a piece of shit app

But hey why awnser a comic question on a comic forum when there is snark to be done I guess

I knew you didn't read it! I told you to read it before the current Thor!

You and everyone else. It's one more of those "high priority" things I want to get to :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom