• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
How about friends with benefits? If you're out camping in the middle of nowhere, sometimes people are gonna get that urge, you know?

Real talk: Ironically, out of all of the reasons I had wanted to be in a relationship with her, sex was not one of those reasons. I got that super low libido/low testosterone.

Edit: What a great new-page post. 50 posts-per-page for life!

Real talk: Ironically, out of all of the reasons I had wanted to be in a relationship with her, sex was not one of those reasons. I got that super low libido/low testosterone.

Sex really shouldn't be a top reason to get into a relationship anyhow. They have apps for that kind of thing.

#ComicBookDatingGAF

TheStig88

Sooo, wrapped up Gotham Academy Vol. 1. Delightfully charming and Maps is seriously the cutest thing ever. Loved it. Only question is if I want to wait for the next trade or grab the floppies, but seeing how #7 just came out last month it's looking like floppies. I'm not nearly that patient.

Sex Criminals was interesting. Wouldn't say I'm totally sold, but I'm intrigued enough to keep going. Also, Suzie's "sex-ed" was ace.

And man, seeing folks post their sketches from Sejic's comic-shop stop has me dripping with envy.

How about boys?

#YouStillHaveOptions

homervspattyselma4_thumb.png

“You fear the boys will laugh at you, no?”
“No, I fear the girls will laugh at me. I fear the boys will beat the living snot out of me.”

I'm not sure who the instructor is. Probably Messi as that would be the IRL height difference between us.

I started reading Andreyko's Manhunter earlier and I've blazed through a bunch of issues. The art is solid as heck from what I can only assume was a C-tier book at the time; covers by Jae Lee are masterful. More importantly, the story breaks a lot of conventions and has a lot of moving parts. It's really top quality stuff.

Andreyko man, what HAPPENED?

Sex Criminals was interesting. Wouldn't say I'm totally sold, but I'm intrigued enough to keep going. Also, Suzie's "sex-ed" was ace.

Yeah, I kind of share this opinion about it. It's good and definitely has its moments, but it's not very compelling on the whole. I still have vol 2 unread and no burning desire to continue.

Actually a good series BTW. Like a mix of Slither and Species. From the Alex + Ada dude.

Sell me on it more. I've been meaning to buy it for a while, along with a million other things. I much prefer buying things I haven't read before as opposed to collected editions of things I own floppies of.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
alex + ada is pretty damned incredible as i come in to tu conclusion. any other recent Image books like this?

also, this world cup is great

usa is the best

Tizoc

Oh man The Luna Brothers.
LunaBryceDallasHoward.JPG

I didn't read Girls cuz it creeped me out from what art I saw of it, but Sword is among my fav. work from them

Def. give this a read ComicGAF, short series but concludes nicely. Might be time for a re-read...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Huh... Polaris and Sunfire were Horsemen along with Gambit when he was Death? Didn't know that

Owzers

Why are you climbing that rock but not the tree? Are you climbing the rock so you can get into the tree? What's in the tree that makes you do such things?

Coins

Banned
What comic podcasts do you fine people listen to? I'd like to have more content during the week.

Comicvine
Comic Geek Speak
The Comic Conspiracy
Comic News Insider

That's mostly what I listen to.

tim1138

That one's only a little under the MSRP, tho. But I saw Black Science for close to $5 even. Saga Vol 2 and 3 are $7.49.

What is going on over at Amazon?

They do this every so often. I got the Spiderverse hardcover for like $25 and the first JSA omnibus for about $50 from Amazon

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What comic podcasts do you fine people listen to? I'd like to have more content during the week.

Comicvine
Comic Geek Speak
The Comic Conspiracy
Comic News Insider

Only Comicvine. I tried to get into others but the first one I tried was not a...pleasant experience and I didn't really know any others so I gave up

Rhaknar

Malekith wearing Thor's arm as a "scarf" is up there in coolest shit I've ever seen in a comic lol

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

Comicvine
Comic Geek Speak
The Comic Conspiracy
Comic News Insider

I listen to iFanboy but I'm two really new to comics. I enjoy the show, but I'm always on the prowl.

It does look tempting. Is the new series a good jumping on point or do I need to know some backstory?

The new series is basically a reimagining so you don't need to know anything to read it.

I'm behind on the series because IDW's trades are pricey but I LOVE the series. I think it's the best rendition of the universe by far.

Rhaknar

Can we talk how fucking amazing Russel Dauterman's art is on Thor? Why does he never come up? What else has he worked on?

Messi

Can we talk how fucking amazing Russel Dauterman's art is on Thor? Why does he never come up? What else has he worked on?

Yeah he has done some stunning work. Love the effect he uses for the hammer in flight.

I don't like his Odinson tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom