• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
What is this? Kipp about to spend....money!?

I've been spending money like a maniac lately (AKA the normal, responsible amount of spending rather than the miserable miser level of spending money I'm usually at). It's weird. After this IST order my spending will take a long break though.

I'll be looking to unload vol 1 of East of West once I get this order In.

Lol. I was halfway through typing a sentence about how I'd like to give it a shot but then I was like "Haha what!? I don't even read comics."
But that's how you know I'm so stoked about Kabuki and Half-Century War. I want them so badly that I don't even care that I won't read them.
And I actually probably will actually read Half-Century War. And I'll definitely flip through Kabuki at least once to look at that gorgeous Mack art.

EDIT: so I see Hellblazer vol 1 is $10. Should I start there or should I start from Ennis' stuff?

Definitely from the beginning. Delano's writing is definitely verbose, but once you get used to that, you'll get to enjoy some absolutely incredible stories. He does some incredible stuff.

So with all the talk about Kipp's fabulous ass....

Is Kipp the Comic-GAF Dick Grayson?

1c1e03b17d0ea3520e9783a1718f638e.jpg

Hahaha

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My favorite thing about that image is that if someone who didn't know about Midnighter saw this image they would think that's Batman.

oh thats NOT Batman? lol

that makes a whole more sense now, I just thought it was a 'shop

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Going to see through Secret Wars but for the most part, I'm gonna put down comics & games for a while.

My friends and I have created a startup, of which I am co-founder & CTO.

Can't quit my day job as a senior developer so shit is about to get real busy.

Wish me luck, comicsGAF. Hopefully in a few years I can invite you all to my yacht party.

Kipp

Ow ow ow. My elbow's been hurting for like the past two weeks. And I keep climbing on it. And it keeps getting worse. I am not a wise man.

Wish me luck, comicsGAF. Hopefully in a few years I can invite you all to my yacht party.

Good luck, man!
And remember, just because you don't have time to read comics doesn't mean you can't post here anymore!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Going to see through Secret Wars but for the most part, I'm gonna put down comics & games for a while.

Sounds miserable. Good luck.

Zombine

Banned
Watch the trailer smartass, Biolante is in it :V

But what about Caesar ._.

Just remember that Mr Skins already exists.

Calcium

Banned

Good luck, man. You'll be back soon, though. You can't just quit comics. That doesn't happen.

Penguin

Best of luck!

Kipp

I cannot for the life of me remember what movie that was from. I just remember it had that one guy in it.

Good luck, man. You'll be back soon, though. You can't just quit comics. That doesn't happen.

That's what I keep telling myself while I keep buying comics I'll probably never read!

jon bones

Good luck, man!
And remember, just because you don't have time to read comics doesn't mean you can't post here anymore!

don't worry about that - there's still time for GAF during my 9-5 gig!

just can't be dropping hundos at CMX and spending nights sobbing over Image books

oh i am aware

Best of luck!

Sounds miserable. Good luck.

thanks! it's going to be a ton of hard work but i need a side project. i feel like i'm wasting too much time, and if this actually takes off i might be able to finally afford property in NYC.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
thanks! it's going to be a ton of hard work but i need a side project. i feel like i'm wasting too much time, and if this actually takes off i might be able to finally afford property in NYC.

Not a feeling I've ever had in my life. I'm always on a quest to waste more time.

Kipp

Knocked Up?

Aaah yes. Thank you.

Dudes I was just in one of those rest stops on my way to dirty jerz and some dude Is taking a shit with the door open.

That reminds me. I was in a diner on the way back home yesterday and the bathroom had a chair in it facing the toilet. I guess it's in case you want some company while you're doing your business.

it's going to be a ton of hard work but i need a side project. i feel like i'm wasting too much time

I know that feeling. I'm pretty awful at appreciating free time. I feel like I always need to be working or else I'm wasting time. Probably not very healthy, but at least it's financially beneficial, so I might as well take advantage of the mindset for now and build my savings.

jon bones

Not a feeling I've ever had in my life. I'm always on a quest to waste more time.

i spent the vast majority of my 20s high, so i know exactly what you mean

I know that feeling. I'm pretty awful at appreciating free time. I feel like I always need to be working or else I'm wasting time. Probably not very healthy, but at least it's financially beneficial, so I might as well take advantage of the mindset for now and build my savings.

this is a relatively new thing for me, actually. i love whittling away the hours messing about the city or consuming media.

Calcium

Banned
I'd like to believe the sketch of Swamp Thing that Fiona Staples posted the other day was prep work/research for her doing some crazy art on a six issue but alas....

That said Metal Men could be awesome.

I'll have to find that sketch. Fiona Staples on Swamp Thing would be very interesting.

gl hf dd or something. But seriously, good luck and try not to burn yourself out too badly.

Owzers

not too interested in any of the DC miniseries mainly because of the writers attached.

I'm still hovering around Gotham in Arkham Knight, i don't love the game but i'm finding some enjoyment. Still hate the batmobile.

TheStig88

Dudes I was just in one of those rest stops on my way to dirty jerz and some dude Is taking a shit with the door open.
Seen some real horrors in the confines of those hellish chapels of terror. Not surprising in the least.

God speed jon bones.

not too interested in any of the DC miniseries mainly because of the writers attached.

I'm still hovering around Gotham in Arkham Knight, i don't love the game but i'm finding some enjoyment. Still hate the batmobile.

Prefer the Witcher or Arkham Knight? I've only just got past the
Kaer Morhen
battle in the Witcher and so I still haven't touched AK. Everything dies, except my first Witcher playthrough.

Owzers

Prefer the Witcher or Arkham Knight? I've only just got past the
Kaer Morhen
battle in the Witcher and so I still haven't touched AK. Everything dies, except my first Witcher playthrough.

Batmobile vs. Endless fetch quests for Ciri info/not enough impactful decisions

I'm too early in Arkham Knight to pit it against a game i played for 60+ hours, but so far i'd say Witcher 3 wins out despite the flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom