• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems like a new slate of DC mini-series hitting in early 2016 includes Poison Ivy book, Metal Men, Raven, Swamp Thing and more

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/07/06/dc-comics-miniseries-exclusive/29756145/

Like the Poison Ivy cover

CJPFEFOUAAAdegc.jpg

Sweet

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man whatever happened to the Witchblade guy? Marc Silvestri was it? I loved his art

in the 90s :/

Messi

I'm gonna take a little time, a little time to look around me
I've got nowhere left to hide, it looks like love has finally found me

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this lonely life

I want to know what love is, I want you to show me
I want to feel what love is, I know you can show me
(And I want to feel) I want to feel what love is
(And I know) I know you can show me

Savitar

I was once told by DC Comics creators that there was a clause on the old New Teen Titans series that te new characters could only get spinoffs if the original creators had first right of refusal. Which is why a previous solicitation graphic (right) of a new Raven comic last year was withdrawn so, so quickly.

That was pooh poohed by those directly affected. But I couldn’t help recollecting it when reading the news announced in USA Today, that in October, DC Comics are launching a number of new series, what we previously referred to as “Big October”

Including that Marv Wolfman would return to writing his old Teen Titans heroine Raven in a six issue mini-series…

That's so Raven

More Waifu material.

But you don't want to meet your father in law.

I'm gonna take a little time, a little time to look around me
I've got nowhere left to hide, it looks like love has finally found me

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this lonely life

I want to feel what love is, I know you can show me
(And I want to feel) I want to feel what love is
(And I know) I know you can show me

Go get 'em, Messi.

I know.

He's one of the greats of yesteryear but these years, not so much.

Same goes for Simon Furman and various others.

Has Simon Furman written anything that wasn't Transformers in the last, I don't know, 25 years or so?

Zombine

Banned
Your girl just kissed a girl
I do bi chicks
Shake for a sheik
I'm throwing these Emirates in the sky
Spending this As-salam alaykum
Peace to M.O.N.E.Y.
I love my beaches, south beaches
Surfboard in high tide
I could just roll up
Cause I'm swole up
So that birthday cake get the cobra
Bugatti for real, I'm cold bra
That auto-biography rover
Got the key to my city it's over
It's no thots, only Anna Kournikova's
I set records, ratchets hold up
(I set records, ratchets hold up)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I need like 80 more cups of coffee. I'm so physically exhausted.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone to the climbing gym after coming back from a weekend of climbing...

Also pretty sure I hurt my pinky somehow.

I second this.

Gonna be in San Diego this Wednesday. Hnng. I'm targeting four artists to get sketches from; anyone else will be a bonus.
i have like... 8 artists targeted lmao
"Ellis will be joined on the series by artist Jason Masters, the man who did all those struggle Batman Inc fill-ins for Chris Burnham."

and I'm out
how fucking DARE you insult the man who drew X-Men: 100th Anniversary Special

All right, with SDCC coming up next weekend, I'm finally getting pretty excited for it. Mostly looking forward to meeting up with you guys who are going.
yassss

lol @ you deciding to stop spending money right before SDCC tho

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
yassss

lol @ you deciding to stop spending money right before SDCC tho

We all know I was never going to spend any money at SDCC. :D

Also, if anyone coming down to San Diego for the weekend wants to go bouldering with me, the invitation is open. You know you want to.

Messi

We all know I was never going to spend any money at SDCC. :D

Also, if anyone coming down to San Diego for the weekend wants to go bouldering with me, the invitation is open. You know you want to.

Pls tell Sejic how much I love him. Hopefully he puts all those prints online :(

His sketches from that store signing are so good. I'd do anything. ANYTHING.

Pls tell Sejic how much I love him. Hopefully he puts all those prints online :(

"Stjepan, big fan of your work, man, i've been repping it in the message boards for years. BTW, block @proofplaya on twitter, he's actually a hater"

zeeaykay

"Ellis will be joined on the series by artist Jason Masters, the man who did all those struggle Batman Inc fill-ins for Chris Burnham."

and I'm out

I don't know, this article makes it sound like a pretty good pairing with the art examples. And from an interview it read it sounds like Ellis requested to work with him specifically. He's not the type to do a project on someone else's terms.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07...comic-jason-masters-drawing-it-and-heres-why/

TheStig88

Well he saaaaid that if they sellout they'll do a second run for the Top Cow store, so I'm pretty confident. If they don't sell out there is truly something wrong with the world.

And yeah, I'm cursing my living in the midwest right now. If all goes to plan I'll be in Washington next year and you better believe I'm going to SDCC.

Mindwipe

Has Simon Furman written anything that wasn't Transformers in the last, I don't know, 25 years or so?

Bit of TV/film stuff. He was writing some stuff for Dreamwave before they went bankrupt, but it never really had a chance to get started. He's done the odd issue for Marvel, but nothing that's got picked up.

Dunno why really.

Messi

"Stjepan, big fan of your work, man, i've been repping it in the message boards for years. BTW, block @proofplaya on twitter, he's actually a hater"

He knows me too well to block me lol. He even followed me on Twitter because I posted so much :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom