• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ant Man #1 was cute. So I guess goody 2 shoes Axis Doom resurrected Cassie's but as a younger Cassie's who was never a young avenger? Or something?

The de-aging confused me too. This kid seems way too young to have been both a Young Avenger and a Mighty Avenger.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The de-aging confused me too. This kid seems way too young to have been both a Young Avenger and a Mighty Avenger.

Not to mention that she just acts like a oral school girl, not someone who was a superhero. /shrug fun book anyway

The Valiant finished. Technically good, very nice art and decent writing, but... ahm...

listen, i'm all for in media res and bloodshot was consistently hilarious, but i've no idea who any of those people were. Was basically a tale about The Worst Immortal Bodyguard Ever finding a way to cheat at some global game. As an introduction to the valiant universe, can't say that it worked.

Where should one go from here?

Archer & Armstrong. Best fun buddy book since Incredible Herc. After that harbinger and then x-o for some bang boom

Excited to
re
read Transmetropolitan, I never finished it and it was so long ago I barely remember what I did read ad it is

But for now, MU update has Ant Man #1 woot. Also Avengers #40 which I remember you guys all freaking about :)

Good job on transmet. Great stuff.

Planetary only finished in 2009 aparently, after a long hiatus (its only 27 issues long), so I definately dont own all of it :/
You need to fix this

As for where to start, the direct sequel to this would be Bloodshot: Reborn which just started a few months ago. I don't know much about that series personally but I'm very interested considering how The Valiant ends.

Well, gon give X-O's latest run a go an pick Harbinger up. Ain't no way i'm gon mess with early 90's comics >___>

Why did the series apparently stop getting published for nearly 15 years?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reading Ultimatum guys

I'm sorry :(

Rob Liefeld is gonna be at Amazing Comic Con in Houston in september

Im gonna draw a character and leave a little space for him to draw a pouch

PsychBat!

Banned
Reading Ultimatum guys

I'm sorry :(

961.gif

Well, gon give X-O's latest run a go an pick Harbinger up. Ain't no way i'm gon mess with early 90's comics >___>

Why did the series apparently stop getting published for nearly 15 years?

Oh, wait, I've only read the stuff since the 2012 relaunch. When I talk about batches, I mean the waves of releases. They started 4 or 5 series in 2012, most of which have ended; they've done another wave of launches a year back and some more recently.

Apparently they made some bad business decisions. I read about it awhile ago, but I forgot exactly why. I've wanted to read the 90s stuff though. Just so you know, anything with the Valiant Masters tag is from the 90s; otherwise, it's from the relaunch.

Rhaknar

Aparently Wasp tastes like chicken

...>_>

Btw the reason I'm reading it is this:

y01uq.jpg

Aparently Wasp tastes like chicken

...>_>

Btw the reason I'm reading it is this:

As someone that followed that sequence, Imma give you a pro-tip:

Skip anything and everything related to ultimate x-men.

Seriously, if there are mutants on a page, speed-read it.

Rhaknar

Don't you dare post that panel. Don't. You. Dare.

I don't even know who was eating her. Blob?

But I want to see Scott blow Mags face off close range

Ultimate X-men has always felt like poor man's X-men to me, each and every time.

Episode 1 of Monster Musume tomorrow!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Tyrant is with me.

I don't even know who was eating her. Blob?

*snicker*

Rhaknar

How the fuck is Magneto wielding Mjolnir? o_O

MG310

He draws Cable's head and a lone pouch. Everyone else at the con adds belts/pouches/shoulder pads to it to form a complete Cable.

Bii

So my house almost burned down today. :/
Just got home and noticed the water hose in the front was strewn across my lawn and the screen door was open. At first glance, I thought someone tried to break in but didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I went inside. I'm checking things out and looked out the window to my backyard and noticed the latch on my back gate was not locked. I'm pretty sure the gate was locked when I last saw it and so I made my way outside and sure enough, a corner of my backyard was burnt. Luckily my neighbor was on his back patio when he saw it because him and a few others were able to put it out before the fire department came by. Apparently someone lit and threw a firecracker in my backyard, and since we don't water the grass (California drought and all), it went up in flames. It nearly reached my garage.

I'm just thankful no one was hurt and that my belongings (save for the fence) are all in one piece. Gotta get some wood so I can at least stabilize the fencing that had burned before I leave to San Diego. *sigh*

Just got home and noticed the water hose in the front was strewn across my lawn and the screen door was open. At first glance, I thought someone tried to break in but didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I went inside. I'm checking things out and looked out the window to my backyard and noticed the latch on my back gate was not locked. I'm pretty sure the gate was locked when I last saw it and so I made my way outside and sure enough, a corner of my backyard was burnt. Luckily my neighbor was on his back patio when he saw it because him and a few others were able to put it out before the fire department came by. Apparently someone lit and threw a firecracker in my backyard, and since we don't water the grass (California drought and all), it went up in flames. It nearly reached my garage.

I'm just thankful no one was hurt and that my belongings (save for the fence) are all in one piece. Gotta get some wood so I can at least stabilize the fencing that had burned before I leave to San Diego. *sigh*
holy shit

thank god it didnt actually catch fire but what a scare

Whoa that's crazy. Glad you and your family are safe though!

Messi

Damn man. Thankfully your neighbors were there to stop that from being much worse.

How did it live 9 years after this.
Why did it live 9 years after this.

Marvel: "Well, Ultimate Universe sales are in the shitter, how about we pull the plug in a big, universe-ending event?"

Fans: "They're finally killing this shit-show in the bloodiest way possible!? YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

Marvel: "Holy shit!!! Ultimate Universe sales have picked up 5000%!!! Maybe we shouldn't end it after all!"

Damn, glad that it was caught before it got bad.

Holy shit, all those innocent comics. :O

Owzers

Holy shit, all those innocent comics. :O

I was worried for a second but no one reads comics anyways. Glad the rest of your house is okay though Bii.

on matters of less importance, comic art where weapons are in one hand and then swung/end up in the other hand after swinging is starting to bother me and i have to remind myself that these are comics and I shouldn't look too much into it.

Reading more Hellboy tonight. These short stories are really fun and I really love the use of humor in them too. Hellboy himself is such a lovable character with how he carries himself and reacts to things. Kinda reminds me of Batman in the sense that he can work in all kinds of different stories without any problems or anything.

Rhaknar

Man if I cared even a little bit about the ultimate universe Ultimatum would have pissed ne off somethjng fierce. But I dont so it was a hilarious train wreck :D

I don't see what it as to do with Reed becoming Maker tho, at least for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom