• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

just saw someone shitting on arkham asylum: ashose calling it edgy for the sake of edgy

i did it again gaf i went into an offtopic comic thread

Savitar

So my house almost burned down today. :/
Just got home and noticed the water hose in the front was strewn across my lawn and the screen door was open. At first glance, I thought someone tried to break in but didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I went inside. I'm checking things out and looked out the window to my backyard and noticed the latch on my back gate was not locked. I'm pretty sure the gate was locked when I last saw it and so I made my way outside and sure enough, a corner of my backyard was burnt. Luckily my neighbor was on his back patio when he saw it because him and a few others were able to put it out before the fire department came by. Apparently someone lit and threw a firecracker in my backyard, and since we don't water the grass (California drought and all), it went up in flames. It nearly reached my garage.

I'm just thankful no one was hurt and that my belongings (save for the fence) are all in one piece. Gotta get some wood so I can at least stabilize the fencing that had burned before I leave to San Diego. *sigh*

Buy them some beer if nothing else as thanks.

Messi

Wow, that is the first photo of Sejic I've seen (so he does look similar to his his illustrated version). Any idea what Linda looks like?

She was also signing and sketching with him.

E5x9aXr.jpeg

IDK if anyone read that mini-series Buzzkill by Darkhorse last year, (loved the art, cool idea, gets super hero powers from drugs basically,, nicotine, coffee, alcohol,, etc)

Well Payback #1 is coming out,, same creative team.

Has a S. Murphy style to it

I need to read Buzzkill, but The Ghost Fleet was fantastic (it had exactly half the same team lol).

I'll check out Payback down the line in trade, though I may go digital on the fact that Ghost Fleet ended prematurely because of what I can only assume were poor sales.

Well, it does have horrible art.
There's nothing horrible in Dave Mckeens art.

So I'm glad I held off on buying the batman knightfall/quest/end single issues on CMX. I can now get the whole run digitally for $15! And it'll be much easier to read since the event jumped around books a lot.

Second favorite batman event. It's the batman comics that I first bought when starting getting into comics

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Events-Sale/page/7312?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Does anyone know any online retail that has the Aphrodite IX hardcover in-stock? Amazon has no release date and none of my comic shops has one.

Savitar

She was also signing and sketching with him.

They both do great webcomics.

And in the case of Sunstone I've gotten so many people to read that.

The lesbian/BDSM premise get their interest/horniness, the characters and stories steal their hearts.

tim1138

There's nothing horrible in Dave Mckeens art.

So I'm glad I held off on buying the batman knightfall/quest/end single issues on CMX. I can now get the whole run digitally for $15! And it'll be much easier to read since the event jumped around books a lot.

Second favorite batman event. It's the batman comics that I first bought when starting getting into comics

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Events-Sale/page/7312?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

And unlike a lot of 90s comics events, Knightfall aged pretty well

I was checking B&N for that Aphrodite IX, and I saw that the next few days are going to be DC Comics Days, July 8-12. They're going to have deals on DC graphic novels, apparently.

Pretty sure that is going or is gone out of print.

Get it while it is still here

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=APHRODITE+IX+COMPLETE+OVE_1414571

Did Sarah ever get hers?

I think Fiona is only drawing the first 3 issues or so.

Yeah I wouldn't think she could commit to 2 series full time, but it's still some pretty impressive talent. Reviews coming in saying it's amazing.

Messi

I was checking B&N for that Aphrodite IX, and I saw that the next few days are going to be DC Comics Days, July 8-12. They're going to have deals on DC graphic novels, apparently.

Did Sarah ever get hers?

Yeah I wouldn't think she could commit to 2 series full time, but it's still some pretty impressive talent. Reviews coming in saying it's amazing.

She never said I don't think.

She never said I don't think.

Hmm I would have bet on a reprint.

I did find it a bit cheaper than Midtown at cheapgraphicnovels. Shipping is a bitch, but still $10 or so less than Midtown. I'd been looking for this for awhile, so I couldn't resist ordering one.

I would post a link but my phone is acting stupid.

Did Sarah ever get hers?

Nope nope. Looking back, I was probably just a couple hours too late on IST. Since that seems to be a complete dead end at this point I'll probably attempt at getting it as indicated above at a significantly higher cost. Does anyone know the process of dealing with something on IST that they can't deliver after the order is through?

Hmm I would have bet on a reprint.

I did find it a bit cheaper than Midtown at cheapgraphicnovels. Shipping is a bitch, but still $10 or so less than Midtown. I'd been looking for this for awhile, so I couldn't resist ordering one.

I would post a link but my phone is acting stupid.

You'd have thought that, considering that it seemed to sell out almost immediately. But given that the sales numbers I've seen reported on it have been tiny (397 from May) I really have no idea what the deal is.

Nope nope. Looking back, I was probably just a couple hours too late on IST. Since that seems to be a complete dead end at this point I'll probably attempt at getting it as indicated above at a significantly higher cost. Does anyone know the process of dealing with something on IST that they can't deliver after the order is through?

They're generally pretty good about customer service if they can't fulfill an order. They contacted me once about not being able to fulfill an item, and they asked if I wanted to swap in anything. I told them yes, and it was an item that was a few dollars more, so I told them to charge me the difference. They told me they wouldn't charge me the difference and just give me the item for the price I paid.

I would just let them know to cancel it and I'm sure you don't have any problems.

EDIT: I guess a reprint would make far too much sense. They're publishers, not scientists.

tim1138

Yea. The only real obvious think that's silly were Banes henchmen. Some odd design there. Especially bird guy

Yeah, there's definitely some 90s art charm in a few of the designs. The Batsuit also gets a bit ridiculous as Azrael keeps adding stuff to it as he slides further into madness.
I might double dip on this, I have the huge tpb releases from a few years back but it will be way easier to read again digitally

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Here's a pic of what went down:

Just to the left of the fence is where my garage is. Literally just a few feet away.
I had a chuckle when my neighbor told me all about it and he was apologizing because he didn't lock my back gate. I'm like "DUDE! YOU SAVED MY HOUSE!"

-

On a comic-related note, I should take a few trades with me to SDCC so I can start hacking away at my backlog.

Wow. That's insane. Glad to hear it didn't turn out worse than it did!
That's pretty hilarious that your neighbor was apologizing. Haha

Looking forward to hopefully meeting up this weekend, by the way!

Boogiepop

Well, finished Brubaker Daredevil, finishing my run with the character, at least until Waid is completed and maybe an omnibus or something is released.

I think of Miller/Bendis/Brubaker, Brubaker ended up my favorite overall. Though he kicked the crap out of Matt's life excessively, insanely hard. Plus it ended on a kind of crazy note, as Bendis did, but this time it apparently is followed up in a crappy run, so I guess I won't be reading where that goes.

Also, random note: is there anything going on with the Hand ninja's that make them other than trained dudes that would make killing them less messed up? Because when they first showed up in Miller I feel like they were all "holy crap, they killed themselves!" And yet by Brubaker they were just getting slaughtered wholesale, which doesn't feel quite right if they are indeed just trained people in costumes...

Also, random note: is there anything going on with the Hand ninja's that make them other than trained dudes that would make killing them less messed up? Because when they first showed up in Miller I feel like they were all "holy crap, they killed themselves!" And yet by Brubaker they were just getting slaughtered wholesale, which doesn't feel quite right if they are indeed just trained people in costumes...

Flanderization comes in several different shades.

They essentially ninja zombie cannon fodder nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom