• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

Here's a pic of what went down:

mhPJ9B1.jpg

Just to the left of the fence is where my garage is. Literally just a few feet away.
I had a chuckle when my neighbor told me all about it and he was apologizing because he didn't lock my back gate. I'm like "DUDE! YOU SAVED MY HOUSE!"

-

On a comic-related note, I should take a few trades with me to SDCC so I can start hacking away at my backlog.

Just to the left of the fence is where my garage is. Literally just a few feet away.
I had a chuckle when my neighbor told me all about it and he was apologizing because he didn't lock my back gate. I'm like "DUDE! YOU SAVED MY HOUSE!"

How big is your yard? And was the firecracker thing random or did Greg Land hear you talking shit about him?

Messi

-

On a comic-related note, I should take a few trades with me to SDCC so I can start hacking away at my backlog.

Wow that was a big ass fire

-

Geez glad your house is okay.
Edit: And that you're safe obviously
Edit 2: And that your comics are fine of course.

Fuck comics, I watched a bunch of anime today.

I watched anime too! Watched some Aikatsu today.

And I think I've mentioned it already but the Hellboy Library Editions are gorgeous. They're by far the best looking books I have. For my next IST order I'm gonna get the next one and the first BPRD hardcover. It's gonna be a long project but I really want to read through this whole universe. Super excited to see where this goes.

Owzers

I don't even like reading the word "anime"

Also i read East of West #2, i love the art and i'm trying to get into the world but it's weird. A cup of a cup...I shouldn't have waited two months between issues, but i wanted to get back into it to decide if i was going to pick up the OHC if it's 50% off at ist tmw. I should probably just read my flops.

TheStig88

-

Daaayyyum. Neighbor is big fuckin' team, that's for sure. Talk abot a close one.

And I think I've mentioned it already but the Hellboy Library Editions are gorgeous. They're by far the best looking books I have. For my next IST order I'm gonna get the next one and the first BPRD hardcover. It's gonna be a long project but I really want to read through this whole universe. Super excited to see where this goes.
A few times, maybe. Making it very tempting to toss volume one in my next IST order. Like the idea of picking up a nice, chunky read like that to enjoy in between the ongoing stuff I'm picking up and waiting for.

TheStig88

I didn't get to that yet, I was finishing up a few series from last season and tried a few of the new episode 1's. So excited for Monster Musume tomorrow. I'm ready for some everyday life with monster girls.
I'm just ready for the figures. Maybe I'll try actually watching it some time during the wait.

A few times, maybe. Making it very tempting to toss volume one in my next IST order. Like the idea of picking up a nice, chunky read like that to enjoy in between the ongoing stuff I'm picking up and waiting for.
Yeah like, they're just really well put together. Kipp mentioned it before but I'm still really impressed. Nice felt cover, big thick pages, great binding, and some fun bonus material at the end with the sketches and whatnot. And considering one library edition costs just a little more than two of the trades on IST, it's totally worth it IMO.
Freeze, you about to join Hentai Guy and the poster formerly known as -Cade in the Phantom Zone
0bd99a240f5ef3af9963b0054b9fba86.gif
I laughed way too hard at this lol
I didn't get to that yet, I was finishing up a few series from last season and tried a few of the new episode 1's. So excited for Monster Musume tomorrow. I'm ready for some everyday life with monster girls.
Would AnimeGAF accept me? I'm afraid to post there :(

PsychBat!

Banned
Man if I cared even a little bit about the ultimate universe Ultimatum would have pissed ne off somethjng fierce. But I dont so it was a hilarious train wreck :D
It's not even that it killed off many characters in the Ultimate U. It just sucks six ways to Sunday. Nothing good came out of this shit show and almost everything that came afterwards was crap.

It's not even that it killed off many characters in the Ultimate U. It just sucks six ways to Sunday. Nothing good came out of this shit show and almost everything that came afterwards was crap.

Wasn't the Ultimate Universe originally intended to ease new Marvel readers into comics? But it ended up just being for people who don't like good comics?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Does anything come out of that Quicksilver stinger at the end? I'll admit, that left me intrigued

keiichi

-

Wow! Glad everything turned out ok. Neighbor is a hero!

Does anything come out of that Quicksilver stinger at the end? I'll admit, that left me intrigued

I remember they did something in one of the Ultimate X-Men relaunches that followed. Ultimate X maybe? Or it could have been Wood's Ultimate X-Men.
I think it had to do with a revived Scarlet Witch. I have a sort of faint memory about it.

It probably wasn't good. Or at least it wasn't memorable. If it even happened.

I can either watch anime, or read comics

decisions decisions

-

yoooo fuck that, glad someone caught that shit

-

Which part of Fresno? My brother in law is a fire fighter. He probably got the call.

Central Fresno, near Blackstone/Shields. My neighbor says the fire was pretty much out by the time firefighters had arrived.

That would be his district. there was a fire so big downtown that it was blowing smoke towards that area and everyone was calling his station reporting it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Valiant basically died and had a second chance recently

This article about Valiant is a good read
I remember as a kid the huge buzz that Harbinger had, I never read it so I still don't know if it was all because the book was great, or because the first issues shot up so high in value in the bubble era...

Read the first trade of All-New X-Men.

Goddamnit Hank.

This is a ride I look forward to.
I did the same, then GH told me I made a mistake so I went back. Very solid one-shot and definitely worth reading.

The Future's End books that I legitimately (out of the ones I have read) recommend are:

Constantine
Grayson
Superman
Sinestro
Swamp Thing

Justice League Dark was just weird. Harley Quinn was Harley Quinn being Harley Quinn.Red Hood and the Outlaws was pretty solid, though not anything to go out of one's way over. Batman felt very much like "been there done that" sort of thing. Batgirl and Suicide Squad were just bad and I would not recommend.

Mindwipe

Big bunch of sales on CMX.

A bunch of Skybound stuff, including loads of Invincible and TWD (again, who buys TWD full price at this point?).

And a bunch of DC trades too - all of 52 for £12 is a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom