• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVclub's article of the upcoming Daredevil series with Charles Soule & Ron Garney

nCkSdUb.jpg

Aw yes, welcome back Darkdevil. So excited for this.

frye

Reread the first two Omega Mens and way more into them this time around. Maybe I should do the same for Grayson but those Seeley issues are a bit of a slog compared to the King stuff

Because the base color of both costumes is black? That's a pretty thin connection.

The design of the logo also seems similar. It's no thinner a connection than saying it looks like early Netflix DD. Just because of the black and handwraps (did he even have handwraps in the Netflix series? I forget). It looks more like Shadowland to me. Black DD costume with red logo? I'll go with it looking more like Shadowland than Netflix.

The design of the logo also seems similar. It's no thinner a connection than saying it looks like early Netflix DD. Just because of the black and handwraps (did he even have handwraps in the Netflix series? I forget). It looks more like Shadowland to me. Black DD costume with red logo?

But it's silly to invoke Shadowland because both costumes are black. That's what I am saying. Shadowland should not be referenced so casually.

Messi

I'd be surprised if Marvel didn't go with a visually similar costume after the success of the show. That's an easy sell for retailers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd be surprised if Marvel didn't go with a visually similar costume after the success of the show. That's an easy sell for retailers.

I would wait until we see In-Costume Setpics from Daredevil Season 02. I dont think we will see Matts final costume in the show having that much similarities to this one. Not after Marvel seemed to moved more and more away from making 616 like the Movies with ANAD.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
IDK if anyone read that mini-series Buzzkill by Darkhorse last year, (loved the art, cool idea, gets super hero powers from drugs basically,, nicotine, coffee, alcohol,, etc)
Well Payback #1 is coming out,, same creative team.

Has a S. Murphy style to it

Hey, I picked up Buzzkill for cheap at NYCC last year and posted a little about it! Book had a great premise but I didn't think it pushed the addict thing far enough. I know it was only four issues, and by the end it kinda turned into a kinda cliche cape-slug-fest, but it really had a great foundation if they were willing to build it. Also, the art totally reminds me of Mateo Scalera as well. I'll be looking into Payback, though.

Reread the first two Omega Mens and way more into them this time around. Maybe I should do the same for Grayson but those Seeley issues are a bit of a slog compared to the King stuff

Seeley was probably vital for the idea/push to conception, but King/Janin are the ones that really make Grayson as excellent as it is. At this point, it seems like a Lemire/Kindt situation on Frankenstein where Seeley's name is just on the book for name recognition. For fuck's sake, that Futures End issue is so damn smart for a tie-in to a terrible gimmick-y event.

Okay, it's not gonna be a shadowland sequel.

But with Soule on it, you can count that it's gonna pale in comparison to the current run.

The current run hasn't been working for me as well as it has for some of the rest of you guys, especially lately. Don't get me wrong, Waid's first volume is fantastic but I've found the second wanting. I couldn't point to a single storyline since the move to San Francisco that stands out. It's time to get Waid off the book.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Coen Brothers are the greatest ever.

Prince of Cats needs a reprint so desperately. I want to read that more than anything else.

Dude kept it all in iambic pentameter, all while fusing colloquialisms and modernized language successfully. It's so damn impressive even before you factor in the actual art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom