• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Starting up 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors for the first time.
My first visual novel. I hope its good.

I have yet to play it! I have Virtue's Last Reward waiting in the wings on my Vita, but I don't dare start it until I play or at least watch a let's play of 999. My backlog is so damn huge, and I don't have the time to get to it, both games and comics! /firstworldproblems

I read it very recently (well, the first third of it, to be exact) and it felt very empty. The characters are usually one-dimensional and it felt like the run was built around what the author thought were "awesome moments".

Ah, I see. That's actually the first I've heard of people not really enjoying his GL run.

Hellers

Some good cheap DC stuff on sale at Comixology at the moment. I grabbed a load of green lantern stuff + Crisis (Again lol) and Batman RIP.

Also Doomed. Not because I think it's any good but it was dirt cheap, over 500 pages and I suspect might read better in one collection.

Some good cheap DC stuff on sale at Comixology at the moment. I grabbed a load of green lantern stuff + Crisis (Again lol) and Batman RIP.

Also Doomed. Not because I think it's any good but it was dirt cheap, over 500 pages and I suspect might read better in one collection.

Might get Doomed for 2.99 as I gave up on it after a few issues realizing it wasn't a 2-3 month event....and be careful. Crisis (Again lol) might be DC's next event....

Mindwipe

Can you give me a hand? I am looking for all Universe wide Ultimate Marvel events.
So far I listened

Ultimatum
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
Cataclysm: The Ultimates
not really
Last Stand

Am I missing something?

Ultimate War? Ultimate Doom/Enemy/I forget the other one?

Only just recently started listening to his newest album. I have no idea how I didn't find out it got released last year. But yeah, that song in particular really jives with me.

Great track. I was really surprised by this album.

They just need to cast Chris Pratt and I am happy.

This movie will be anyway about he won the Millenium Falcon and meet Chewbacca.

Woooo, so excited.

Chris Pratt is too old to play Young Han Solo.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Great track. I was really surprised by this album.

Yeah, it's an incredible album all around. I was pretty scared to listen to it because I was worried I'd be let down since his other two albums are perfection and this one took him 8 years to release, so tons of anticipation as well. Haha. But yeah, just as amazing as everything else he's done.

Marvel already lost Fraction so hopefully Remender does eventually return. I know the dude's got a lot of creator owned stuff going on but he set up several plotlines I'd like to see him continue.

I'd love to see him try out some DC characters too. Imagine how rad he would be on Batman.

"You gonna have Ramos, Land, or Bagley for your relaunch, which is it Rick"

"yeah...*looks at Wes Craig/Lee Louhridge and Sean Gordon Murphy/Matt Hollingsworth pages coming in*...I'm out"
He says there was a change of direction when the previous editor Mike marts left and the new guy came in.

He also mentions he's never read any of Lemires work before and says he doesn't pretend to know much about other comics or the industry.

Most surprisingly, Ramos is actually mexican. I'm gonna have to kick him out of the industry to make it. The Mexican quota of one is already filled up

Boogiepop

Starting up 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors for the first time.
My first visual novel. I hope its good.

Yes! Bonus points for if it's the DS version, as I've heard they screwed it up just a tad on iOS. But yeah, amazing experience, really loved it.

Also, yay, new Happletea!

07-03-2015.jpg

Love this webcomic when it actually updates.

As for IST:
Second Ghostbusters omnibus (titled Mass Hysteria), Shutter 2, TMNT/Ghostbusters, Justice League 3000 1 and 2, and then the first Usagi Yojimbo Saga trade thing, to further prove that you guys talking about stuff in here totally influences my purchases.

Rob Liefeld is gonna hide 24 Deadpool sketches around SDCC. Is there any reason i shouldn't devote 100% of my time there to finding one

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol dammit. So my neighbor finally scheduled a meeting for me with the other owners of the Frozen Yogurt place on Friday at 5:30pm. I just realized that I'd be driving through rush hour traffic to get to there from my 8-5 job so I had to ask her if we could reschedule to 5:45 instead. Reeeally helping myself out here by annoying these owners before they even meet me. Haha

Lol dammit. So my neighbor finally scheduled a meeting for me with the other owners of the Frozen Yogurt place on Friday at 5:30pm. I just realized that I'd be driving through rush hour traffic to get to there from my 8-5 job so I had to ask her if we could reschedule to 5:45 instead. Reeeally helping myself out here by annoying these owners before they even meet me. Haha

Bring a copy of the picture you posted of your bouldering expedition. Then that job will be in the bag.

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this kind of thing, but I am just overwhelmed with excitement, and I wanted to share this with you all.

They physical copy of my first comic book, The Gamma Gals, Issue #1 arrived today in the mail, and I'm just over the moon. I've been drawing comic books since 1993, when I was 14 years old, and it has been my dream to one day actually complete one and have it on my shelf. 22 years later, I finally completed my first issue, and the physical copy arrived today! I can't tell you how fantastic of a feeling it is to see something through to the end, and then be able to hold it in my hands and flip the pages.

I'm not trying to pimp my book or sell it, I just wanted to share with GAF this milestone in my life as an artist. This is literally the fulfillment of a 22 year old dream, and I hope that other people who may read this post can get some encouragement from it if they were in a similar period of listlessness as myself. Don't be discouraged, and don't be your own worst enemy and talk yourself out of trying!
Thats amazing! Making comics is tough and exhausting but ridiculously rewarding.

Do you have a link for us to buy/read it?

You didn't know that? ah well, I believe in you Ed.
Thanks! I just assume any guy with a hispanic name is a Spanish Jobber (TM)

Boogiepop

Guys? Guys?! Freaking Archie! The set of Sonic/Mega Man stuff which had gotten delayed for like the fourth or fifth time to late July? They all now have a mid-September release date on Amazon! This is insane. Archie just can't get a trade out nowadays without at least a half year delay! Grrrrrrrr....

tim1138

Noted. Honestly, I feel like that should have been so completely obvious. I've poked my head around there a few times before, hah.

Oh definitely. I'm starting from the ground up on all fronts. A mountain to climb, that's for sure, but damned if it isn't an enjoyable one.

Be sure to ask about their interlibrary loan policy, most libraries will happily order you stuff they don't own.

That's where I read a majority of my comics (and possibly also the reason I am not up to date on newer comics). Set a lot of holds, then read them as they come in.

For example, I am picking up I Kill Giants today.

No shame in that at all. I was telling Slug the other day that y'all would be surprised by how small my collection of trades and hardcovers and such is. Unless I know it's something I'm going to read multiple times I stick with getting it from the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom