• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me Comics-GAF.

I'm pretty sure I just sat beside Chip Zdarsky on the subway on my way home, but I was only like 90% sure it was him so I wasn't confident enough to start talking to him about my love of dildos.

Forget the dildos you should have asked him how he created Batman

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
SO they revealed the new Luis Royo DC statue. This one comes after Catwoman and Harley. Its Wonder Woman.

attachment.php

I love it and will be getting one.

Not a WW fan at all but that looks nice.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Uuuuhhhh. What the hell? Why does my office smell strongly of bleach. Can't tell if I'm getting lightheaded or if it's psychosomatic.

This is annoying. I've only got a few minutes left, so hopefully I don't die.

Funny you say that, Foreman was commenting on twitter last week about having to tell colorists to not draw on top of his drawing.

I wish he colored his own work, I love the stuff he posts online
I think his flatter coloring makes his linework look as good as possible. I imagine he'd be unhappy with Frank D'Armata

Yeah it looks horrible.
Like, I love some colorists that render really well like Dean White, but I think colorists should most often try to imitate Jordie Bellaire, Matt Hollingsworth or Dave Stewart. It's too easy for colorists to mess it up

what about digitally?
Any size! Digital is also cheaper

Anyone read Ghosted or Manifesr Destiny? Both are cheap and sound like I may like them.

I read the first arc of MD and liked it well enough, especially the art and monster design. Dropped it while trying to cut back. It's on my list of things to revisit sometime.

Ghosted I dropped after one issue, didn't really care for it.

Messi

Should I buy Doomed? At that price it is hard to resist. I had read the first 3rd of it and was enjoying it but dropped it as I seen how many more issues and tie ins were coming and didnt want to foot the bill.

I've got that one. It has quite a bit more content than the basic TPB. Illustrations, concept art and script among them.

The 5th anniv version that just came out a while back has all that extra stuff.

TheStig88

SO they revealed the new Luis Royo DC statue. This one comes after Catwoman and Harley. Its Wonder Woman.

attachment.php

I love it and will be getting one.
That face sculpt is absolutely ace, but the pose, the pose is just odd. But I'll probably still get her because I have no self control.

tim1138

I think his flatter coloring makes his linework look as good as possible. I imagine he'd be unhappy with Frank D'Armata

Like, I love some colorists that render really well like Dean White, but I think colorists should most often try to imitate Jordie Bellaire, Matt Hollingsworth or Dave Stewart. It's too easy for colorists to mess it up

Any size! Digital is also cheaper

I wonder why he switched colorists from Lovern Kindzierski on Animal Man to Jeremy Cox. Kindzierski's colors on Animal Man were a perfect match for Foreman's linework.

Kipp

I don't know. I paid a reasonable price for it from IST, like a Kipp.

I would tell you how much I paid, but I'm not wading through my 9-page order history from IST

I kept putting off buying the Titan Edition and then it sold out. :'(

Also wow am I glad I was off work when I was. I was not feeling well at all. That bleach or whatever in the air was toxic. There was some big meeting in one of the offices too. They'll probably all be corpses by the time I come in tomorrow.

I kept putting off buying the Titan Edition and then it sold out. :'(

You have to Kipp it without being too Kipp.

Also wow am I glad I was off work when I was. I was not feeling well at all. That bleach or whatever in the air was toxic. There was some big meeting in one of the offices too. They'll probably all be corpses by the time I come in tomorrow.

Instant promotion to head of company!

That Luis Royo WW is awesome. I love my Harley, it's the best sculpted statue I own. The detail and paint is on another level. YamotoUSA does good stuff. The Catwoman just looks terrible though.

Messi

Get outta here. You already read it...

Edit: Wait, you were probably talking about Terra :|

Yeah I read I Kill Giants. Doubt ill ever read it again. not due to quality, it was effective at what it was trying.

Terra, eh who cares anymore. If they can't be arsed even putting it on comixology why would I keep caring? Not much else I can do.

Life and Times of Martha Washington: I think the last comic character I hated as much as Moretti was Callahan in Transmet. Must be something about these types.

Kipp

Life and Times of Martha Washington: I think the last comic character I hated as much as Moretti was Callahan in Transmet. Must be something about these types.

Oh goodness, yeah. What a total asshole. Great character.

It will do until I can reveal my series of messi in the usa avatars.

kenny1284jwx.gif

Loool. I still need to see the last season of that show.

Messi

Oh goodness, yeah. What a total asshole. Great character.

Loool. I still need to see the last season of that show.

So do I, now that you say that. But the second last series has such a perfect ending. I have no idea why they went back. The second last series has such a kenny powers ending.

I'm being forced to watch Kingsman right now with my dad.

I feel sorry for you being forced to watch a good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom