• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm still cringing from having to ask to change the scheduled time for the interview... I was weighing my options and it was either A) risk being late which would be absolutely terrible or B) ask to leave work early which would be super weird because I couldn't just be like "I'm meeting up with some people and I must be TOTALLY ON TIME OR ELSE and I obviously couldn't tell her I'm going to an interview for a new job or C) ask to reschedule.
But at least I realized just a few hours after she had said 5:30 that it wouldn't work for me rather than the day of or something...

Oof.

Btw, do you offer anything bigger than 11x17 or is that the limit?
Hmm 11 x 17 is what I have at home. Im sure I could go buy some bigger material though.

Looking around other common sizes are 16 x 20, 18 x 24 and 20 x 30. If there's another size you'd prefer Im sure I can find something

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this has been said before, but I'm kind of excited about Archie tomorrow.

Interview with Mark Waid and Fiona Staples at Vulture.

What's most liberating about doing an Archie story?
MW: ​That the characters are built with such elasticity that we can go from a broad slapstick ​moment of comedy to a heart-wrenching beat of romantic angst within the turn of a page.​
FS: Even though I'm terrified of doing a disservice to these characters, there is a kind of reckless glee in doing something brand-new with them. I'm very grateful for the chance to tell a different kind of story with the gang!

tim1138

This is your final reminder that Justice League United by Parker and Foreman drops tomorrow.

jlu-11-5-142478.jpg

I'm still cringing from having to ask to change the scheduled time for the interview... I was weighing my options and it was either A) risk being late which would be absolutely terrible or B) ask to leave work early which would be super weird because I couldn't just be like "I'm meeting up with some people and I must be TOTALLY ON TIME OR ELSE and I obviously couldn't tell her I'm going to an interview for a new job or C) ask to reschedule.
But at least I realized just a few hours after she had said 5:30 that it wouldn't work for me rather than the day of or something...

Oof.

You could have just said you had to leave work early for a doctor's appointment or some shit.

Just bought all of 52 for $20. That's crazy! Always wanted to read it but never bit the bullet. Thanks CMX!

Man, why aren't we all enjoying comics as much as Korupt?

Oof.
Brah just keep fighting. I've been struggling bad the past few weeks with the pressure I put on myself. I laid in bed Sunday night and said I'm just going to embrace the challenge and smile, ride that wave. I will become a one man sweatshop.

tim1138

I had to pick between Knightfall or 52 for this sale and I went with 52.

Right on. 52 is phenomenal, it's one of those books I wish I could go back and experience again for the first time.

Was thinking about this last night. I already loved the shit out of JLU, but this is just the tops.

I can't wait! Pretty hyped for this week.

I am so hyped for JLU I don't even know what else is coming out this week, and I kinda don't even care

Kipp

You could have just said you had to leave work early for a doctor's appointment or some shit.

But then I'd have to lie. I can't bring myself to lie.

Brah just keep fighting. I've been struggling bad the past few weeks with the pressure I put on myself. I laid in bed Sunday night and said I'm just going to embrace the challenge and smile, ride that wave. I will become a one man sweatshop.

Haha. You're the man, Rafa. Don't give up on your dreams.

So Dan Slott is being accused of harassing someone. I don't know the full story but I think it was someone over at BC.

If it's the Twitter spat I think it is...BC threatened to leak anad details unless marvel gave them an exclusive. Marvel said no so BC went ahead. Slott complained on Twitter and one of BC's *ahem* writers tried to suggest he was only complaining because of her gender. There's more but to give context and the details wouldn't be a BC thing.

Huh. So I just randomly checked and Aphrodite IX Complete is listed as available again on IST. It also indicates on my old order that the book has shipped but I haven't seen any email indicating something has been sent by them other than my other expected shipments. Does anyone know how this sort of thing is normally handled? A note came with the original package saying that it would ship when available without additional charge, but when that happens does anyone know if they notify you like with a standard order or if they include it with a later order or something?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CJWAIh4UsAACqAD.png

Punisher, Elektra... if they cast Bullseye, its either going to be amazing, or the biggest clusterfuck ever. Either way cant wait lol

Huh. So I just randomly checked and Aphrodite IX Complete is listed as available again on IST. It also indicates on my old order that the book has shipped but I haven't seen any email indicating something has been sent by them other than my other expected shipments. Does anyone know how this sort of thing is normally handled? A note came with the original package saying that it would ship when available without additional charge, but when that happens does anyone know if they notify you like with a standard order or if they include it with a later order or something?

Is there an additional tracking number now listed on your order history?

fauxtrot

Banned

Oof.

What you don't realize is rescheduling/pushing back your interview time is what is going to let them know that you're the man for the job. A real manager makes the lives of everyone else around him/her more difficult and you've already started that before getting hired. What a slam dunk!

Kipp

What you don't realize is rescheduling/pushing back your interview time is what is going to let them know that you're the man for the job. A real manager makes the lives of everyone else around him/her more difficult and you've already started that before getting hired. Slam dunk!

Hahaha. Right on. Good thinking.

Didn't he just go after the BC editor because of the Marvel leaks?

(also, my package came in. thanks again!)

If it's the Twitter spat I think it is...BC threatened to leak anad details unless marvel gave them an exclusive. Marvel said no so BC went ahead. Slott complained on Twitter and one of BC's *ahem* writers tried to suggest he was only complaining because of her gender. There's more but to give context and the details wouldn't be a BC thing.

Well that spat was more than enough for a couple of comic journalist on twitter to think he personally harassed her cuz she was female. Really ridiculous considering that this isn't the first time a writer went after BC. Rich Johnston should know.

fauxtrot

Banned
And here is your personal reminder Bloodstrike #1 comes out tomorrow:

The bottom right corner of that cover has more drawn hands/feet than I've ever seen from Liefeld... brah is stepping up his game!

I could be wrong, but I think that's what all the heads on the left are so shocked about...

What you don't realize is rescheduling/pushing back your interview time is what is going to let them know that you're the man for the job. A real manager makes the lives of everyone else around him/her more difficult and you've already started that before getting hired. What a slam dunk!

Wait

Kipp's trying to get a management position...

And he sucks at lying?

this can only end well.

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls starts up again this month, it won't last for long
y u do this 2 me?

Help me Comics-GAF.

I'm pretty sure I just sat beside Chip Zdarsky on the subway on my way home, but I was only like 90% sure it was him so I wasn't confident enough to start talking to him about my love of dildos.

tim1138

the coloring on the water bothers me

its not following his lines at all

its like the colorist is trying to do their own thing

Funny you say that, Foreman was commenting on twitter last week about having to tell colorists to not draw on top of his drawing.

Travel Foreman said:
i feel a problem across the board with modern colorists is that too much time goes to rendering or drawing and not picking the correct color

Travel Foreman said:
there's been too many times i have to tell a colorist dont put those shapes on top of that face i.e. dont draw on top of my drawing

I wish he colored his own work, I love the stuff he posts online

Messi

SO they revealed the new Luis Royo DC statue. This one comes after Catwoman and Harley. Its Wonder Woman.

attachment.php

I love it and will be getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom