• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Away on vacation and I need that Artist Proof edition of Black Science. I'm freaking shocked IST isn't selling it because they sold House of M. Now I'm trying to debate with myself if I should order it on Midtown or wait till I get home from my vacation.

Read New Suicide Squad first today. I liked the first issue since the relaunch and was excited to read this one. It was pretty good. Sean Ryan has the voices of Manta, Boomarang, and Deadshot down. Luckily he knows this and has crafted a great story for them. It's only one page, but he sucks with Harley. They just need to get her off the team. Her character does not jive well with Ryan.

Messi

I would like to confirm that there are no dragons sucking their own dicks in Archie #1. It's in fact a super cute romcom, without any splashes of oversized genitalia.

So I would enjoy it?

How was Fiona Staplers art?

Read New Suicide Squad first today. I liked the first issue since the relaunch and was excited to read this one. It was pretty good. Sean Ryan has the voices of Manta, Boomarang, and Deadshot down. Luckily he knows this and has crafted a great story for them. It's only one page, but he sucks with Harley. They just need to get her off the team. Her character does not jive well with Ryan.

I agree that they need to get her off the team but with her popularity right now and the movie coming up I don't see DC pulling her out. Suicide squad Harley is totally at odds with Conner-verse Harley.

Yeah no challenge maps is the extremely disappointing, I'm sure they'll add it considering a $40 price tag for a season pass.

My hype for SDCC grows by the day. I'm going to be so disappointed.

"Be the Batman. Available now."

saarlvm.jpg

Babs is just on the rebound from that Dick

Did Babs even get any Dick in this universe?

Crude thought, but you guys don't think that bald Robin with a Bo staff is supposed to be Dick? They pulled that shit in Origins. Lol

Yeah no challenge maps is the extremely disappointing, I'm sure they'll add it considering a $40 price tag for a season pass.

My hype for SDCC grows by the day. I'm going to be so disappointed.

They said they were working on them, so they're coming... eventually.

Real talk, just because it's the classic Harley doesn't mean it's gonna look good. I remember playing Harley's battle mode in Injustice in that outfit, that version just creeped me out in an Uncanny Valley kinda way.

No but seriously: Harley's original outfit only works in highly-stylized 2D, like say, cartoons and comics, and it's gonna look off in any other medium.

Truth.

ElNarez

Banned
What is that bottom comic? That looks brutal and awesome and i need it.

Secret Avengers #18, from that brief 6-issue window between the Brubaker and the Remender Run. Aja's on pencils, it's a Shang-Chi comic in zero gravity, JUST GET IT.

Real talk, just because it's the classic Harley doesn't mean it's gonna look good. I remember playing Harley's battle mode in Injustice in that outfit, that version just creeped me out in an Uncanny Valley kinda way.

Ehh Injustice shouldn't be used as an indicator of visuals in any scenario.

But I'll concede it's very glossy in AK. At least once the challenge maps come out, I'll be able to use the default AK costume if this one isn't great.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its one of these costume that dont work in Videogames.
I love classic Harley cosplay, but its always on the edge between its great and argh.

Her current costumes are horrible nonethless.

To be fair I wouldn't judge how most characters and outfits would look based on Injustice. Even regular Batman looks off in that game.

I do understand what you and ElNarez are saying though.

tim1138

I'm not gonna post panels because spoilers, but Foreman's art is a goddamn visual feast in JLU. His body language and facial expressions are some of the best in the biz

No but seriously: Harley's original outfit only works in highly-stylized 2D, like say, cartoons and comics, and it's gonna look off in any other medium.

Truth.

Agreed with all this. Harley's suit just does not translate well to live-action, 3D, or really any sort of high-detail style. Ditto the Beyond suit, as much as it pains me to admit. It works for Timm's style and other, similar looks, but not much else.

Batman 42 was amazing! GordonBats is so damn fun. Can't wait to see how they explain those last few pages in the next issue. The wait will be excruciating.

Agreed with all this. Harley's suit just does not translate well to live-action, 3D, or really any sort of high-detail style. Ditto the Beyond suit, as much as it pains me to admit. It works for Timm's style and other, similar looks, but not much else.

Pretty much. It doesn't translate well, though I think harley's movie suit is a bit too grounded. I'm sure she'll be changing costumes frequently. Her Assault on Arkham suit is a good medium though it's a little too low cut.

Did Babs even get any Dick in this universe?

Crude thought, but you guys don't think that bald Robin with a Bo staff is supposed to be Dick? They pulled that shit in Origins. Lol

They said they were working on them, so they're coming... eventually.

Yeah i see that now in the DLC list, I know some people don't care about them but sometimes I like to launch AC and knock a few 3 stars out as a different character.

Zombine

Banned
I just read it. What a punch in the gut, holy shit.

Actual spoilers:
My poor walking dead Waifu. How could they do rosita like that? The only thing I found funny afterwards was that they revealed each death due to your increasing familiarity with the characters. A couple of them I was like

200_s.gif

But Rosita and Ezekiel really got me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom