• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CJaEbqWUAAA62zi.png:large

why would Gambit write like that, is he stupid? its one thing for the speech bubbles to be written like that since its to emulate the accent, but he wouldnt also actually write like that >_>

He never made his way to Ireland, sadly. My comics childhood was going to the newsagents the Beano, the Dandy, Transformers UK (with Zoids by Grant Morrison and G.I. Joe Action Force!) and reading my older brothers' stash of 2000 AD, Dan Dare and Roy of the Rovers.

Then I picked up this with my own pocket money one week....:

....and the rest is history!

Love these stories.

I started with 3 packs at Toys R Us, GI Joe and Transformers, specifically this book

Then in summer camp a friend lent me The Dark Phoenix Saga with the purple spine.

The rest is history, baby.

tim1138

not sure just saw it on twitter. I guess it could be shopped

If its legit I bet it's either from early-mid 90s X-Men or Gambit limited series from like 94 or 95 that went into his background with the clans and his relationship with Belladonna. It was hot garbage mon ami

styl3s

Oh, sure.. Age of Apocalypse #1
has Blink but no morph? BULLSHIT

Spoiler doesn't retain to any real story but i know some people like surprises if this can even be considered a surprise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh, sure.. Age of Apocalypse #1
has Blink but no morph? BULLSHIT

Spoiler doesn't retain to any real story but i know some people like surprises if this can even be considered a surprise.

it keeps Holocaust's real name at least

Hellers

Fear Agent on sale you say?

clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

And bought. I've been wanting to read that for AGES

If I'd never read any Archie before and I wanted to buy a nice big chunk all at once for a reasonable price on Comixology what should I get?

Strange Fruit is a waste of time and talent. Find some black comic book creators and support them with those few bucks you were about to spend on it instead.

Strange Fruit is a waste of time and talent. Find some black comic book creators and support them with those few bucks you were about to spend on it instead.

Figured it'd be this, it's getting savaged in the reviews. I was planning on buying back issues of Five Weapons and The Empty anyway!

Splatt

Fear Agent on sale you say?

clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

And bought. I've been wanting to read that for AGES

If I'd never read any Archie before and I wanted to buy a nice big chunk all at once for a reasonable price on Comixology what should I get?

It's honestly the best thing I've read from Remender.

Well, it's a toss up between that and FrankenPunisher

Just finished reading the first Miles Morales Ult Spider-Man series. Great stuff, almost makes me wish they hadn't canned the Ultimate Universe altogether, but it really was the only thing worth saving.

On to Cataclysm.

Edit: just realized Hunger, the lead in for Cataclysm, is a followup to the Age of Ultron series. Ugh.

I wish people would stop saying this. Their have been plenty of fantastic Ultimate runs from Millar, Bendis, Hickman, Vaughn, and Warren Ellis. Is there a lot of junk and bad storylines? Of course! every universe has them but the quality stuff is REALLY high quality. Hickman, Bendis, Ellis, and Brian Wood even managed to salvage the Ultimate Universe after Jeph Loeb destroyed it but the problem then was the sales weren't there as New 52 was just debuting at the same time and despite everyone protesting reboots they sure bought ten copies of each #1 book eating up the market share that would have gone to Ultimate comics.

In a vacuum, two white guys making a comic about a superpowered black man in 1920s Mississippi wouldnt be bad. But considering how little the industry gives a shit about about finding and fostering black creators, Strange Fruit seems tactless.

How many white guy creators do we have versus black or american hispanic creators? Ratio is off the charts in favor of white guys. The diversity spoken of by comics publishers never seems to extend to the creators.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I read the Malcolm X autobiography once. It was real good. Except for the 100 pages or so when he went on and on about Islam. That kind of killed the momentum.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Got my copy of Archie 1 I am very excited this exists. I might make a thread that's how excited I am

Listening my way through Scott Lynch's Republic of Thieves and one must wonder why the fuck would an author that did 2 pretty decent thiefy con job novels suddenly decide to write one that is half pre-teen romance figuring a guy that is so thirsty he makes most of comigaf look like Mystery and a girl that couldn't tsundere harder if she were the main love interest in a harem manga.

Also seems the dude discovered the joys of coffee as of late. Only reason i can see why the deuteragonist would suddenly up and sprout a love boner for the liquid out of absolutely fucking nowhere.

Editors: still one of the most undervalued jobs in the world.

Sadist

The Walking Dead #144

I said GODDAMN

While the revelation of all of the beheaded folks (RIP Ezekiel; he is in heaven now together with his beloved tiger) is fucking brutal and out of left field, I do find Alpha a bit weird. Yeah okay, they live in a world full of dead people, but she lets her daughter get raped man. And when Rick demands to know why she shrugs and tells him "Well they did these kind of things back in the olden days as well, why should I be pissed now?" Terrible shit. I don't understand the reasoning. If she's so terrifying as a leader, I find this strange reasoning. Oh well.

Goddamnit. Eugene always has the worst luck

If ya'll thought Batman saying the N-word was the craziest/most offensive shit Section Eight was gonna do, just wait until you get a load of #2

The reason why this comic was, amongst other things, A Bad Idea is because two white men are writing and drawing this book about racism and they have already decided that it is about them.

and thats before getting into the actual story, which is a big ball of nothing, b. NOTHING. Obvious white racists, two main characters are #NotAllWhitePeople non-racists for you to feel good about, black people on the margins on some CAC shit. Ending is so bad. OMG

Trash comic

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Owzers

Strange Fruit has got me motivated to do some writing. I'm thinking about MLK Jr. being killed in the middle of his dream speech by an alien/creature of some kind that's race has always been among us and can change appearance. Not only has that robbed us of the future we know, but it also ends up having MLK jr's son fighting for equal rights for not only african americans but that newly revealed ancient race as well. Plot twist, Malcom X is NOT killed when he was in history, but he was secretly part of that race too and teams up with MLK jr's son for this new civil rights struggle. " It's time we dream....again. "

Image, sign me up.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol at that last page. Incredible.

Shame JG Jones' awesome art was wasted on this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom