• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm Gotham Academy is some good light fun. I liked it enough that I'll trade wait for vol 2, and pray it doesn't get cancelled.

Glad to see you enjoying it.

It and Squirrel Girl are both series I praise a lot because they're just good wholesome fun. They're what I'd like to see more of from both Marvel and DC. Anyone can read and enjoy them, and that includes younger audiences. I've enjoyed every issue of each of them.

Owzers

SDCC2015-Mattel-Batman-v-Superman-118.jpg

I dunno....

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/08/sdcc-2015-mattel-batman-v-superman-164059

MG310

I think that might be the 4 inch Multiverse figure? Not sure what Trade Up is unless that's what they're calling the 6 inch Movie Masters now.

EDIT - looks like the Trade Up ones might be 10-12 inch versions that are similar sculpts to the 6 inch ones except Wonder Woman has less hideous arm joints.

Glad to see you enjoying it.

It and Squirrel Girl are both series I praise a lot because they're just good wholesome fun. They're what I'd like to see more of from both Marvel and DC. Anyone can read and enjoy them, and that includes younger audiences. I've enjoyed every issue of each of them.

I feel like these are the kinds of books I enjoy most from them. There are a few good A-tier books at both companies, but these lighter books are the ones that really shine.

...sentient tumour. Whut?

What the fuck was that bullshit ending Hickman? That was awful :/

The humphries issues are boring, but dip back in when Joshua Hale Fialkov takes over (the ultimates disassembled arc). It's a bit hit or miss, but always full on bonkers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The humphries issues are boring, but dip back in when Joshua Hale Fialkov takes over (the ultimates disassembled arc). It's a bit hit or miss, but always full on bonkers

Hmm it starts with Hulk with the Infinity Gauntlet, that's pretty bonkers alright. Can I expect some more Maker goodness aswell?

Hmm it starts with Hulk with the Infinity Gauntlet, that's pretty bonkers alright. Can I expect some more Maker goodness aswell?

Yes. Fialkov did quite a decent job tbh.

Make no mistake tho, the ending will also be all sorts of herpa derp

Real problem with Maker is the same problem as with Vic. Dude should win. You want dude to win. Alas...

What did we do as comic fans to deserve Cullen Bunn's Aquaman? Arthur on the run from Atlantis, where have I seen this before? Channeling his sorrow and loneliness into his warrior spirit? Pfft. Arthur is most relatable when he is between both words. He'll have some success with both and stumble too, but he doesn't just click fully with either of them. That is what resonates with readers.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This Lone Wolf and Cub collection...wow. I'd have a hard time believing this was from 1970 unless I knew already, it feels so modern. $3.99 x 28 = the whole run, man.......

This Lone Wolf and Cub collection...wow. I'd have a hard time believing this was from 1970 unless I knew already, it feels so modern. $3.99 x 28 = the whole run, man.......

To be fair, both the artist and the writer owe a lot to Kurosawa. But yes, it has aged very well.

Aside from one particular antagonist, anyway.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I had a chance to read 1 comic tonight, I chose Batman #42. This was a smart decision, so damn good.

It was great. I love the look of new Batman.

gpoOCMv.png

I imagine when Greg Capullo drew this
the belt was straight across the hips, but then he was like "No, Greg. It must be sassier."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reed is using his powers in disgustingly awesome ways in this Disassembled arc

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Well it took a little less than 4 weeks to fill up my 16gb tablet. Had to remove a few to get all of today's purchases downloaded. Luckily Legendary Starlord and Convergence Shazam were easy choices to get the boot.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well it took a little less than 4 weeks to fill up my 16gb tablet. Had to remove a few to get all of today's purchases downloaded. Luckily Legendary Starlord and Convergence Shazam were easy choices to get the boot.
Apple is evil for maintaining this 16gb standard minimum (11.6gb, actually), with 16 more being $100 extra. I can't even believe they can still get away with it in 2015...but then again I can completely believe it.

Archie was indeed awesome. It does suck that Staples is gone after issue 3. I have nothing to add to this conversation other than Waid went with that Zach Morris style.

Catwoman was alright. 7/10. It's hard to explain what's missing with this character. She is missing something that makes her a fun character.

Busaiku

It seems like Peter is married and/or has kids in every iteration on Battleworld.
This is some serious trolling from Marvel.

I have the opportunity to, tommorow, buy the first 4 volumes of flight for 30 dollars. What do you guys think of the books ? Also. I just finished morrisons batman and robin. Up next I have the next B&R books, black mirror and batman inc, right ?

Who wrote batman after Morrison and before Snyder ? Any good ? How about detective comics ? I love elegy and I've heard black mirror is good. Anything else worth buying from there ?

Only read two books today, have to wait til the weekend for my dcbs order.

Archie - I loved it, most importantly I love the episodic nature of it. For a first issue to feel like watching a pilot episode, it did a great job. Looking forward to more.

Injection - Continues to be great book, art is fantastic and Ellis is having a lot fun building these characters. Breathtaking double page spread by Shalvey as well.

Messi

Archie was indeed awesome. It does suck that Staples is gone after issue 3. I have nothing to add to this conversation other than Waid went with that Zach Morris style.

Catwoman was alright. 7/10. It's hard to explain what's missing with this character. She is missing something that makes her a fun character.

She is missing the fun. It's all drab and dour moany things. Black Widow suffers from it also.

Boogiepop

So, I'm reading Annihilation Conquest, and... There's a blue Nova Pikachu on this panel. Caught me off guard a little off guard.

Just read that Walking Dead 144 and I was screaming at my monitor until that last page. I'm good now lol fuck you Kirkman for
messing with us with that dreads shadow

And I read that with Guided View so it was tense as hell going panel to panel.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Has anybody here read Crimson?

It's getting reprinted at the end of month and wondering if it's worth checking out

Yes it is late 90s Ramos

Nice.

When I was 18, I did this jam piece of BattleChasers, Danger Girl, and Crimson, and took it to my first comicon in Chicago. The Cliffhanger guys were there, and I got it autographed by Joe Mad, J Scott Campbell, and Humberto Ramos. They were incredibly awesome dudes, and Joe Mad was particularly impressed with my picture. It's one of my prized possessions, and it brightened up what was, honestly, an abysmal first convention (the Green Lantern artist at the time gave me a particularly scathing portfolio "critique," and I was in such low spirits).

I had no idea they were reprinting Crimson. I have them on my bookshelf right now, but I wouldn't mind picking up the issues I don't have.

Now, I've only read the first two trades, but Earth 2 is really damn good. I love it sooooooo much. It's such a damn superhero book, and I love that. I love superheroes.

Arkham Knight Professor Pyg appears to be Mario Batali.

But Arkham Knight Azrael is a boss.

Rhaknar

Soooooooo...Cataclysm?

And if so, all of it, parts of it?

Nice.

When I was 18, I did this jam piece of BattleChasers, Danger Girl, and Crimson, and took it to my first comicon in Chicago. The Cliffhanger guys were there, and I got it autographed by Joe Mad, J Scott Campbell, and Humberto Ramos. They were incredibly awesome dudes, and Joe Mad was particularly impressed with my picture. It's one of my prized possessions, and it brightened up what was, honestly, an abysmal first convention (the Green Lantern artist at the time gave me a particularly scathing portfolio "critique," and I was in such low spirits).

I had no idea they were reprinting Crimson. I have them on my bookshelf right now, but I wouldn't mind picking up the issues I don't have.
That is awesome, some of my favorite artist right there.

I'll probably definitely end up checking out crimson, here's a link about the hardcover being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom