• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, Archie was fantastic. Waid and Staples need to be chained to this book. I was never more than curious about Archie before, but this was a great comic. This rebranding seems like it was a good idea. I'll definitely be down for Zdarsky / Henderson Jughead.

Oh man, Archie was fantastic. Waid and Staples need to be chained to this book. I was never more than curious about Archie before, but this was a great comic. This rebranding seems like it was a good idea. I'll definitely be down for Zdarsky / Henderson Jughead.
I was so glad to see that ad in the back, cause now it feels real instead of a kickstarter pipe dream.

Still need that Adam Hughes Betty and Veronica book tho.

We really need to get a ComicsGAF chatroom up that is actually active

I got a Line account, is that the cool thing to use? It seems cool. I'm trying to think of something that would work :(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I got a Line account, is that the cool thing to use? It seems cool. I'm trying to think of something that would work :(

Steam chat is where it's at, to be honest.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
If I hadn't been spoiled for The Walking Dead a few dozen pages back, I definitely would have been floored by what happens in the last few issues. I was 4 issues behind, so it was great reading them all back to back to back, but I anticipating the ending of #144, so I was prepared for craziness.

Really interested to see where they go next. I love that comic. Now I'm on to catching up with Invincible and Jem in between drawing and watching Adventure Time with the missus.

I thought this was the ComicGAF chatroom.

JK mods, pls don't HaloGAF this place too

PsychBat!

Banned
I'm tired. I'm tired of being pushed and ignored by my dad. I can't take it anymore. I have nowhere to vent and no friends to talk to in person. I'm just really tired.

I almost tried to stab my neck but I found a great way to get cyanide.

Errybody's always got their smartphone near them.

Not errybody's always logged into steam.

Thus whatsapp is the superior choice.

Plus its easier to share dick pix.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Avengers #40 - lolnamor, finally got bitched by Panther. Crazy issue, must have been crazy "live" 6 months ago

I'm tired. I'm tired of being pushed and ignored by my dad. I can't take it anymore. I have nowhere to vent and no friends to talk to in person. I'm just really tired.

Don't do it, man. Call 1-800-273-8255

Plus, shit, shoot me a PM. I know some stuff about having a... difficult relationship with fathers.

Don't do it, man. Call 1-800-273-8255

Plus, shit, shoot me a PM. I know some stuff about having a... difficult relationship with fathers.
Yeah don't do it dude, you're a good guy.

I have to go to bed but if you need to talk or anything you've got me on Skype. Don't be afraid to shoot me an IM if you ever need to vent or just wanna shoot the shit. I'll listen to you.

I'm up at a ridiculous hour of the night for a really dumb reason, but I feel like it's because I needed to see this. Please, don't do this. I've only been a part of this community for a short time, but you've been such an irreplaceable part of it. You're always around to joke around and of course talk about comics. You will be sorely missed if anything ever happened, at least from my end; I can only imagine how much it would be for people who have known you longer.

I know I'm basically a stranger, but if you ever need to vent send me a PM or add me on steam: Launchpad. Talk to us.

Vyer

Psych, you most definitely have a place to vent. feel free. and sometimes it really helps. things can and do get better.

1 (800) 273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

or we can talk on the phone.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I know I'm just an avatar and a screenname, but I'm here too. Vent away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't forget 1 month of MU for 1 penny with offer code: PENNY

new users only
fuckers :(

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
i really enjoyed the new archie. love the redesigns of betty, reggie and archie especially. also the ferris bueller-esque narration really works for the character.

it's kind of weird how gangster jughead looks though, if he got rid of the hat he'd look like the toughest kid in the school.

I was another one whose only experience with Arch was the Simpsons gag and seeing Digests while in the checkout line. Chilling adventures of Sabrina brought me in, Afterlife sealed the deal, and I never thought I'd say this but I'm excited to be here at the start to a universe reboot for the main line.

It sounds ridiculous but very exciting things are going on over at Archie Comics. I tell people all the time that they wouldn't believe it.

Vyer

I had my first experience with a Yeti rambler this last week. A friend had one while visiting.

'bout to buy a $40 cup brehs. Might have to cut back on comics this week.

When I was 19, I let my asshole father drive me over the edge into attempting suicide. He actually found me that night, with the pills and the knife, and asked me what I was waiting for. He denied it all after they found me, of course, but I'll never forget his words or the look of disdain on his face.

That feels like a lifetime ago. I have a wife and a daughter now whom I love dearly. My life may not be perfect, but I can't even imagine not having it. And I certainly don't care so much what my asshole father thinks about me. There are always good things down the road, not all good things, some bad too, but one of the things that is always down the road for the suicidal is the recovery of a very important understanding: that life is too precious to throw away.

Psych, don't do anything you can't take back. Please. You can always talk to us.

When I was 19, I let my asshole father drive me over the edge into attempting suicide. He actually found me that night, with the pills and the knife, and asked me what I was waiting for. He denied it all after they found me, of course, but I'll never forget his words or the look of disdain on his face.

Wow, what a poor excuse for a human being. Respect for the strength you showed.

As for comics, I think I'll try Archie #1. Looked through the preview and it looks fun. Staples' art is great too.

Messi

It's actually a really good con to get you to spend $4 on a shitty book. We have all been in on it for months.

latest

Invader Zim was only so-so. I had much higher expectations for this book. Gonna give it another issue or two but I fear the change in medium has killed the charm.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Dont. This is no solution.
Please call the number the others have posted.

Zombine

Banned
Invader Zim was only so-so. I had much higher expectations for this book. Gonna give it another issue or two but I fear the change in medium has killed the charm.

Samurai Jack did the series justice and really gave a lot of us that closure that we needed. Zim is some sort of miscalculation that the 2003+ Emo's who were headed off to high school who enjoyed the series ironically still give a shit.

They don't. They're not even the same people they were when they were 13.

Samurai Jack did the series justice and really gave a lot of us that closure that we needed. Zim is some sort of miscalculation that the 2003+ Emo's who were headed off to high school who enjoyed the series ironically still give a shit.

They don't. They're not even the same people they were when they were 13.

I dunno, I cracked out the show again a couple of years ago and it still held up. Not that I can disagree with the thrust of your point...now I feel the need to dig out Bear, Squee and all that stuff, see if I still enjoy those. I suspect you may be right.

I think I borked my Arkham Knight playthrough. =[ I'm supposed to
track the weapon's truck to the Knight's location but I abandoned it for a sidequest and now I don't know where to go to start the mission again
Oh well, at least I'm not very far into it, but it's aggravating.

Occasionally, I make cutesy comics about me and my wife.

I have the first 5 Vizbig volumes of Vagabond. I've only read half of the first one but I thumb through them often for drawing inspiration.

Gorgeous stuff

Haha,, nice

-----------------

DCBS order on the way,, haven't been to my LCS to pick up random issues...
So I brought Nowhere Men and The Manhattan Projects to reread at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom