• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting both of you to the discount police.

Be sure to pick me up some of the Panini DBZ CCG promos for me while you're at SDCC, breh.

16v2_848685478347893_527f4_p-16a-cmyk.jpg

I fucking hate SDCC exclusive shit so much.

Life & Times of Martha Washington: The art is so gorgeous. I also hope I get to see Moretti's slow and excruciating death over six double page spreads in Technicolor™. (I have a feeling he's going to "win" and I am going to rage).

I also see Jeb Bush is in the book.

Messi

Sorry bro the card is already long gone.

Cross post from Funko thread:

JANE POP. WAT. PLZ BE TRUE.

They are making Secret Wars pops. This will be an exclusive one. You know Jane Thor is gonna get a pop. If they don't they have failed. Spider-Gwen too.

Zombine

Banned
They are making Secret Wars pops. This will be an exclusive one. You know Jane Thor is gonna get a pop. If they don't they have failed. Spider-Gwen too.

Usually the box is directly related to whatever is on the cover. She's gotta be the pop.

I seriously love the Marvel box. It's the only mystery box that is worth it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Usually the box is directly related to whatever is on the cover. She's gotta be the pop.

I seriously love the Marvel box. It's the only mystery box that is worth it.

The recent "Avengers" one with Cap on the box had a Hulkbuster pop though, so it's not a shoe-in.

Zombine

Banned
The recent "Avengers" one with Cap on the box had a Hulkbuster pop though, so it's not a shoe-in.

Very true. But that cover is telling me that there is a chance. I would actually be happy with one of a few different Marvel dudes. FF Reed would be cool as well.

I'm tired. I'm tired of being pushed and ignored by my dad. I can't take it anymore. I have nowhere to vent and no friends to talk to in person. I'm just really tired.

I almost tried to stab my neck but I found a great way to get cyanide.

Sorry to hear your dad is such a dick. Please don't allow your dad's piss poor behavior and treatment to take your own life.

You are an important part of our community here. Even though we may not be there in person, please know that you can reach out to us if you need people to talk to. Feel free to contact me if you feel like you need someone to talk to. You have my skype info.

When I was 19, I let my asshole father drive me over the edge into attempting suicide. He actually found me that night, with the pills and the knife, and asked me what I was waiting for. He denied it all after they found me, of course, but I'll never forget his words or the look of disdain on his face.

That feels like a lifetime ago. I have a wife and a daughter now whom I love dearly. My life may not be perfect, but I can't even imagine not having it. And I certainly don't care so much what my asshole father thinks about me. There are always good things down the road, not all good things, some bad too, but one of the things that is always down the road for the suicidal is the recovery of a very important understanding: that life is too precious to throw away.

Psych, don't do anything you can't take back. Please. You can always talk to us.
Damn, your father is a fucking asshole. One of my friends has had terrible fathers/step fathers. She told me stories about how her step father would sit at the edge of her bed before she went to sleep for the night and tell her he would accept and love her if she lost weight. She said he did this often.

Messi

I am leaving Ireland guys. I am coming to experience American freedoms. Welcome me with open arms pls.see you in 10 hours. :D

tim1138

I'm tired. I'm tired of being pushed and ignored by my dad. I can't take it anymore. I have nowhere to vent and no friends to talk to in person. I'm just really tired.

Don't do this man, just don't. Call the support line, reach out to any if us here, it gets bettwr.

It should be pointed out that he has admitted to going to WalMarts in Florida.

I mean, its not like dude hasn't already stared right into the depths of the abyss.

Faiz

I just need to take a moment to gripe about Marvel Unlimited. I'm sure most/all of this has been said before, but I need to get it out there.

Often times it doesn't immediately release the license for downloaded content, and you have to repeatedly remove them from the Read Offline portion of your library. Usually this problem goes away after an iteration or two. Sometimes even when the titles previously DLed and released stop repopulating in Read Offline, it still refuses to grant new licenses to download more comics insisting you've reached the max of 12. When it doesn't fix itself: delete and reinstall the app.

Often it won't correctly load a comic that you've already read. Sometimes this goes away, but when it doesn't: delete and reinstall the app.

But what really burns me is that the browse all titles page isn't actually returning all titles available. This is something I haven't run into in the last 7 months of using the app, but in the last 24 hours it's been annoying as hell.

Last night I wanted to reference some older FF books, went to browse... And no Fantastic Four was listed prior to 1998. Did some quick looking around. No Uncanny X-men prior to 2011. X-Men Legacy which I just read a few months ago also missing. The list kept growing. Things I KNEW were previously available because I'd either read them or just browsed through covers.

This morning Fantastic Four 1963-1998 is back in the browse all titles page. Uncanny X-men is not, nor are most of the others I looked for last night.

But they ARE still available, but to find them you have to go to Browse -> Publication Date -> Filter by title.

And of course that doesn't even address the holes of older material in Unlimited that really should have been filled by now.

Rant over. Sorry for the wall of text. Service is great when it works as expected but when it doesn't it's maddening.

I just need to take a moment to gripe about Marvel Unlimited. I'm sure most/all of this has been said before, but I need to get it out there.

Often times it doesn't immediately release the license for downloaded content, and you have to repeatedly remove them from the Read Offline portion of your library. Usually this problem goes away after an iteration or two. Sometimes even when the titles previously DLed and released stop repopulating in Read Offline, it still refuses to grant new licenses to download more comics insisting you've reached the max of 12. When it doesn't fix itself: delete and reinstall the app.

Often it won't correctly load a comic that you've already read. Sometimes this goes away, but when it doesn't: delete and reinstall the app.

But what really burns me is that the browse all titles page isn't actually returning all titles available. This is something I haven't run into in the last 7 months of using the app, but in the last 24 hours it's been annoying as hell.

Last night I wanted to reference some older FF books, went to browse... And no Fantastic Four was listed prior to 1998. Did some quick looking around. No Uncanny X-men prior to 2011. X-Men Legacy which I just read a few months ago also missing. The list kept growing. Things I KNEW were previously available because I'd either read them or just browsed through covers.

This morning Fantastic Four 1963-1998 is back in the browse all titles page. Uncanny X-men is not, nor are most of the others I looked for last night.

But they ARE still available, but to find them you have to go to Browse -> Publication Date -> Filter by title.

And of course that doesn't even address the holes of older material in Unlimited that really should have been filled by now.

Rant over. Sorry for the wall of text. Service is great when it works as expected but when it doesn't it's maddening.

If Marvel Unlimited wasn't such a great value, it'd be such a shit service.

ComicGAF is here for you dude, there's no need to make an action you can't take back. Talk to us, we'll help.

I am leaving Ireland guys. I am coming to experience American freedoms. Welcome me with open arms pls.see you in 10 hours. :D

Have you had any good real American BBQ yet while you were here last. I mean stuff like pork ribs, and beef brisket smoked low and slow?

This has been a good week for comics so far. I've read Batman, Batman Superman, JLU and Earth 2 Society, and all were damn solid comics. Saga is up next and I'm sure that'll be good. For me comics have been on a roll the last few months.

Splatt

I kinda want the whole DeAndre Jordan drama to be adapted to comics.

"The DeAndre Saga" written by Bendis illustrated by Immonen

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So what's the deal with Sabrina / Archie Afterlife? Are they done or on-going parallel to the new Archie?

keiichi

Hey PsychBat, this community is here for you if you need us.

Also, please call 1-800-273-8255.

How many are you pulling per month right now? Your list is always one of the longest ones.

I've been slowly cutting books the last week or two.
I counted like 2 weeks ago I was at around 59 books a month,,, and that's not including random #1's or books you fuckers make me want to buy lol.

Right now im at 53 a Mo. (*5 of those books are mini-series ending soon)

Some cuts that hurt:
Ms. Marvel (still on the fence, I have the whole run so far)
Black Widow
Probably Superman (rather keep Action Comics)

Also,, crappy thing about getting most my books through DCBS im ordering 2 months in advance,, so like Ales Kots new book Wolf,, looks bad ass, right up my alley art and story.. I already have #1 - #3 ordered.. haven't read #1 yet. lol
I ordered #1 & #2 E for Extinction, going off the preview (I thought Burnham was doing art :/), not planning on getting #3 on)

not every creative team was meant to have money for food.

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom