• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a starfire pop today. It is really cute.

It's the Teen Titans Go Starfire, right? You should get the Raven one, too. They're totes adorbz.

I bought the SDCC exclusive Joy (Inside Out) POP yesterday with the sparkly hair. Got the last one from Barnes & Noble.

fauxtrot

Banned
My co-worker's 4-yr old daughter is super into Marvel superheroes thanks to all of the cartoons on Netflix and wanted to start learning to read via comics... I was thinking about setting her up with Marvel Unlimited since it's only a penny right now, but I'm not sure if they have any of their YA comics on the service. Does anyone have any recommendations on easy to read titles?

Yousefb

Seriously, Grayson is amazing. Read it.
I caved and bought the Endgame books on comixology as well subscribed to the rest of the series. Screw it I can't be waiting around any longer for the trades haha.

I'll check out Grayson. What other ongoing series or worth looking into right now? DC or Marvel. I've never subscribed before this is my first time lol this hobby is ridiculously addicting

Zombine

Banned
Pop Vinyl is this amazing bubble that is just waiting to burst, and when it does I can't wait to just watch people distance themselves from the brand. I'm
Pro Pop, but I have slowed down to just picking up things that I really like. I don't need variants and shit.

Messi

Pop Vinyl is this amazing bubble that is just waiting to burst, and when it does I can't wait to just watch people distance themselves from the brand. I'm
Pro Pop, but I have slowed down to just picking up things that I really like. I don't need variants and shit.

A woman nearly fought me today over a pop I picked up. she had like 6 exclusives and she wanted her gold bender.

Zombine

Banned
A woman nearly fought me today over a pop I picked up. she had like 6 exclusives and she wanted her gold bender.

o-BEANIE-BABIES-facebook.jpg

Boogiepop

So, reading through Annihilation Conquest and I just got to the Starlord stuff, and... huh, Groot is EXTREMELY different from the movie/modern portrayal. It's extreme enough that I'm assuming something has to happen later on in either this or Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'm reading that stuff still, so please, no spoilers. And again, the Rocket Raccoon/Groot Complete Collection something I should add to my wishlist, or no?

Oh, and I bought a crapload of import manga again. Which arrived today. Just... so very much. All of Gekkou Jourei (29 volumes), Hell Teacher Nube (31 volumes), Beelzebub (28 volumes), Dr. Slump (18 volumes), Black Jack (17 volumes), and about 15 volumes worth of assorted other stuff I needed to catch up on. It was... a loooooot.

I watched DBZ Battle of Gods tonight and now I really want the Super Saiyan Goku and Perfect Cell POPs. I imagine they're out of print now though.

I'm also contemplating subbing to the Marvel box if the new Thor really is their next exclusive.

My co-worker's 4-yr old daughter is super into Marvel superheroes thanks to all of the cartoons on Netflix and wanted to start learning to read via comics... I was thinking about setting her up with Marvel Unlimited since it's only a penny right now, but I'm not sure if they have any of their YA comics on the service. Does anyone have any recommendations on easy to read titles?

It seems like they have some Marvel Adventures stuff on Unlimited now, which is good. For awhile, it was the best line of books Marvel was putting out. Jeff Parker's Marvel Adventures: The Avengers is some top-tier all-ages stuff.

I would start with your avatar, though. My niece is 7 and loves Kamala and Captain Marvel, but I think she only likes Carol because Carol's blonde like she is.

I'll check out Grayson. What other ongoing series or worth looking into right now? DC or Marvel. I've never subscribed before this is my first time lol this hobby is ridiculously addicting

Marvel
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl for sure, and if you like Spider-man books, Silk and Spider-Gwen are both good reads.

DC
Starfire has a solo book that's only two issues in, but it's been fun so far. Justice League 3001 is a blast as well.

Also, WHO IS READY FOR MORE ARCHIE HORROR GOODNESS?

Vamperonica, everybody:

In my veins.

oh god, if you can find Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane in some form or fashion, that would be great.

tim1138

From Doc's blog:

Anonymous asked:
is it possible that the super uber secrte title could posssssibblyyy be a captain marvel/shazam...

Hey, anything is possible!
But, no, it ain’t that.
Edit: Realized that was a bit blunt. Just want to be clear that I think it’s awesome that anybody’s even remotely interested in more Shazam from me (and I’m assuming including Jeff as well). That would be amazing. But at the moment that’s not on the table. My assumption is that if there’s any possibility of more Shazam!, it’s being held onto pretty tightly by others. I say that with absolutely no knowledge. In the meantime, I’m keeping busy.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm still pretty bummed that Doc had to walk away from 1872... here's to hoping his next project is with a great writer because I love his work.

Hi all,

Quick question.

I'm looking to brush up on the last few years of Batman comics and tend to buy the grahpic novels.

If I want to read everything related to Death of the Family, are these two books correct?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joker-Death-Family-TP-New/dp/140124646X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1436573042&sr=1-3&keywords=death+of+the+family

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Death-Family-Comics-Paperback/dp/1401246028/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1436573042&sr=1-2&keywords=death+of+the+family

Its slightly confusing as one of them seems to collect all the issues relating to the story and the other is the actual story.
I was hoping there would be one book with everything.

Hi all,

Quick question.

I'm looking to brush up on the last few years of Batman comics and tend to buy the grahpic novels.

If I want to read everything related to Death of the Family, are these two books correct?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joker-Death-Family-TP-New/dp/140124646X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1436573042&sr=1-3&keywords=death+of+the+family

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Death-Family-Comics-Paperback/dp/1401246028/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1436573042&sr=1-2&keywords=death+of+the+family

Its slightly confusing as one of them seems to collect all the issues relating to the story and the other is the actual story.
I was hoping there would be one book with everything.

Just buy the Batman one, the tie-ins are shite and not worth reading.

Ask Messi about the Suicide Squad issues!

ElNarez

Banned
so what the fuck is the deal with that "I sort of wanted to do the opposite of All Star Superman." that's making the round on the comics twitter ?

so what the fuck is the deal with that "I sort of wanted to do the opposite of All Star Superman." that's making the round on the comics twitter ?

Max Landis wants to make Superman a spoiled brat that got into trouble in his teens but had his powers to bail him out. Something about chilling on Batman's yacht and telling camp fire stories.

Also, it sounds like trash so it already has that opposite of All-Star Superman thing going for it.

ElNarez

Banned
I mean, Superman being a dick was a cornerstone of the Silver Age, so, maybe it's gonna be a cool throwback?

Or maybe it's gonna be about Superman pushing suicidal people down buildings. That's the makings of an hilarious trainwreck.

fauxtrot

Banned
A female Blade, eh? If they really wanted to shake things up they should have contacted Wimberly about his Blade pitch... it would have been more unique than the now-predictable gender-swapping Marvel's addicted to. And this is coming from someone who absolutely wants more female/PoC characters/titles.

ElNarez

Banned
Female Blade, eh? If they really wanted to shake things up they should have snatched up Wimberly's Blade... it would have been more unique than the now-predictable gender-swapping Marvel's addicted to. And this is coming from someone who desperately wants more female/PoC characters/titles.

Hey now, there's no creator announced yet. Maybe Marvel's got a new black woman writhahahahahaha okay can't finish that sentence hahaha sorry

fauxtrot

Banned
Gender/ethnicity-swapping the title character and putting an all white male creative team on the series is the new Marvel Method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom