• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Art is also by Greg Tocchini

Last Days of American Crime is actually getting a reissue in hardcover. It was supposed to be out this month but got pushed back to mid-August.

Sweet.

I keep telling people Low is clearly Remenders best image book. Glad to see maybe messi has joined my camp

I keep alternating between them. Like at first I liked Black Science more than Deadly Class. But then Class kinda kicked it up a notch. Then I read Low and we had a new champ.

*snaps fingers*

I should have abandoned it after the first issue of the second arc but i went all the way to #11. It's dead to me and Ed made the art to prove it.

I lasted 4 or 5 issues. Just seemed to be dragging and the interesting premise just started to lose steam for me.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, if these new Dark Horse collections on comixology aren't in HD...what are the odds of becoming HD later on? Are they good at that or lousy?

Hey, if these new Dark Horse collections on comixology aren't in HD...what are the odds of becoming HD later on? Are they good at that or lousy?

They just added all their stuff to CMX like two weeks ago, so it's hard to say. I hope they get around to it

Total spent in the DC/SkyBound/Dark Horse sale: $92.82. And I had to stop myself from going even further

Very close

It's an easy connection to make. Look at this cover:

Low%201%20cover.jpg

Those are totally Bioshock influences you're seeing. No two ways about it.

Sandfox

Still, the creative team dont let me await something good. But this isnt a Spidey exclusive thing.
Marvel generally fucked up.

Assuming you're talking about the new book we found out about today, the creative team hasn't been revealed yet. On the other two Spider-Man books I can understand not liking Bendis or Slott.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Assuming you're talking about the new book we found out about today, the creative team hasn't been revealed yet. On the other two Spider-Man books I can understand not liking Bendis or Slott.
Then I have honestly no idea what Ive seen.
Should better went back in the bed.

Busaiku

Holy crap, did not know about that Spider-Man panel on Sunday.
Maybe Mr. Zdarsky really is doing Spidey?

That'd be amazing.

Y'all are so fucking wrong on WicDiv it's hurting me. Stop being wrong.

I still want to know why they suddenly stop conversations to scream out numbers at each other for absolutely no reason whatsoever so far as I can tell, before going back to the conversation like nothing had happened.

But I don't want to know enough to actually continue to read it.

Isak_Borg

They just added all their stuff to CMX like two weeks ago, so it's hard to say. I hope they get around to it

Total spent in the DC/SkyBound/Dark Horse sale: $92.82. And I had to stop myself from going even further

They'll get updated at some point but over 9K books and can't be done in a month.

It'll take time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Holy crap, did not know about that Spider-Man panel on Sunday.
Maybe Mr. Zdarsky really is doing Spidey?

That'd be amazing.

This is the Howard the Duck dude, am I right?

And yay, a Spider Panel. Maybe we get something good. I am still in for a new Mini.

ElNarez

Banned
I still want to know why they suddenly stop conversations to scream out numbers at each other for absolutely no reason whatsoever so far as I can tell, before going back to the conversation like nothing had happened.

But I don't want to know enough to actually continue to read it.

it's symbolic

Messi

It's an easy connection to make. Look at this cover:

Those are totally Bioshock influences you're seeing. No two ways about it.

So very beautiful.

I'd buy a print in a heartbeat of all the covers.

It's nice how tied to the stories all the covers are. Before I read the book I was like... Those are sweet covers, I have no idea what is happening in them.

I gotta say, the response to the ANAD Mahvel lineup sort of goes a long way towards explaining why the industry is as insular as it is. I mean, it's one thing to be unexcited for books from known, crappy talents, but the idea that unknowns == boring is telling.

Not trying to call anybody out btw, just interesting.

Unknowns aren't the problem. There's no writer on an ANAD that I don't care about that I can think of who i haven't read and been disappointed by.

Very. It might take a while but I've been feeding them broken spreads and SD books and they've been slowly getting to them. Spreads before HD, though. Spreads they can do themselves but HD they might need to coordinate with DH.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Y'all are so fucking wrong on WicDiv it's hurting me. Stop being wrong.

This isn't hyperbole. Half the time I don't remember why any character is doing what they are doing at any given point.

And very often, I can't even remember who one god is vs another.
Right now there are:
Goth god
Lady Goth god
Angry Black Guy Meme God
Know it all God
Old lady god
Tons of other gods who are all the same fucking character. One of them wears a helmet, so I can tell him apart.

The art is fantastic (well, was), and the idea for the comic are great. The execution is just, blargh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom