• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone I see talking about Wicked & Divine is like "Yeah so the characters are ass and the last issue was dry...and so was the one before that and the one before that...and the new artist sucks but man there is a whole lot to love here. Shit is going down." Lol

Well two of the four. Last issue was dry but the issue before that was actually pretty damn hype. The ending certainly was. I remember some pretty shocked responses here myself included. Issues 8 - 10 were good ~ great. I'm still interested in Baphomet's murder quest. Then again, I'm a Wet Moon fan so I'm not so averse to methodical pacing.

New artist is not great. I'm hoping she'll dial down the hokey anime expressions and regain some of that pensive mysterious demeanor the gods had before. Also hopefully she constructs her action scenes a bit more carefully :/

If Laura comes back somehow then all is forgiven

PsychBat!

Banned
Like every single star wars live action film ever made, then?

8YfBGcL.gif

Li Kao

So there is this guy, Ales Kot. Worth checking out ?
I'm half joking, I know he has a pretty good rep, it's just that having stopped actively reading comics with Civil War there is a whole lot of new creators I never read.

Zombine

Banned
So there is this guy, Ales Kot. Worth checking out ?
I'm half joking, I know he has a pretty good rep, it's just that having stopped actively reading comics with Civil War there is a whole lot of new creators I never read.

Kot is very talented. He has a lot of great ideas and has had varying degrees of success in his execution of said ideas. It's worth checking out Zero because it's badass, and I particularly enjoy Material.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
At least the Batman portion of that Batman v Supes trailer was excellent.

Don't have any good things to say about Michael Cera and his goofy hairpiece though.

Same. Nothing but optimism here - i hope it doesn't bite me in the arse. I doubt it will.

I didn't even dislike the prequels, so I think I'll be pleased.

I see that Barnes and Noble will be 'doubling' the graphic novel and manga sections in their stores.

It's interesting that walking in there for the first time in a year or so and I see how the toys/'pop culture' sections have become huge. Another old bookstore/music store I used to visit is Hastings and I see they've increased a huge focus on the same stuff.

I guess this is how brick n mortar bookstores believe they can survive.

Mine did this as well. They have like, twenty bays of graphic novels and manga taking up the entire length of this huge wall, now. Though admittedly, only about half of that space is for the spined-out older books.

Same with the toys and games, though. But I don't see this stuff preventing the eventual death of the book store, just prolonging the death throes.

So yeah Strange Fruit...

Yep. That's a picture from a comic book alright.

Archie dances on that fine line. I thought it would be a bigger clusterfuck than it actually is, but Staples art shaves a good 20 years off the voices.

Zombeen pls. Archie was fantastic. Book of the month right there.

Can't find a source for it, but apparently a second Multiversity series was announced today as well

Sure, if you can't think of any great new ideas, just rehash your old shit. Not sure I'm interested. But if they make the entire series a continuation of Multiversity: The Just, I'll buy every issue and frame them.

Everyone I see talking about Wicked & Divine is like "Yeah so the characters are ass and the last issue was dry...and so was the one before that and the one before that...and the new artist sucks but man there is a whole lot to love here. Shit is going down." Lol

There's a definite drop in quality. I've found that the story just isn't as engaging anymore outside of that holy shit moment a few issues back.

Killing Joke is about way worse than any of those.

Can we please stop shitting on classic stories just because the modern social climate says we should? Unless you'd care to tell me how terrible Huckleberry Finn was, or maybe To Kill A Mockingbird. I'll gladly listen.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Unless you'd care to tell me how terrible Huckleberry Finn was, or maybe To Kill A Mockingbird. I'll gladly listen.

Honestly, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is a fucking great novel but I could have done with less Tom Sawyer by the end of the book. He's just a prick who makes everything worse.

tim1138

You know, it's possible that some folks just don't like the Killing Joke and it has nothing to do with the current social climate.

Filthy Slug

Ehhhhhhh..... Is this just going to be an attempt at tie-ins the way Convergence was? Are we gonna have Multiversity: Catwoman, Multiversity: Wonder Woman, etc. etc?

Difference being these aren't fourth-string creators plugging away at gimmick-month titles.

I don't do collections. Not that I would want any of that in singles form either. I hate the vast majority of DC Super Heroes. And nothing I've seen recommended from Dark Horse has interested me yet especially Hellboy. I don't like the character nor do I like that art.

Any particularly compelling reason to skip on collections ?

Gonna go check out this sdcc stuff, bvs hype !

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BvS trailer did nothing for me :(

This must be what non-Marvel fans feel with Marvel trailers

The shot of Superman floating in the air when someone is asking for help might be my favorite shot in any superhero movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom