• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Owzers

New Avengers, Amazing Spider-man, and Extraordinary X-men are all dumpster-tier books so far on MU, Spidey made the list with issue #5 closing out the first waste of an arc.

Really, who relaunches a book to have a crap Zodiac arc?

Vision #3 and All New Wolverine #3 were the positives from my MU reading. Darth Vader #15 closing out the Vader Down crossover was another average installment. Deadpool started strong but then fizzled.

I'm ready for Marvel Now, surely all of these books will start off with a strong premise. It's not like there's going to be a bunch of gunman books.

Aceun

No matter how small? Think about that for a second. Because not even Minority Report tried to justify such drastic measures. In that story they went after murderers. Here they seem to have gone way beyond that without even attempting to verify the source of this information as authentic.

Take for instance the appearance in this issue of heroes pursuing Black Cat. What exactly was she up to that was so bad they preemptively charged her with a crime? I know she's a Bad Guy now but she hasn't been running around killing innocent people. She was probably just stealing shit! Why is Ulysses involved in that at all? And if he saw it anyway, why not let that one, at least, play out?

I think that's accurate, but again in theory. If I can prevent theft I'll prevent theft. However, it becomes problematic when said theft is profiling which is where I personally draw the line. In this instance, I would agree that we should see how it plays out and minimize interference. The latest issue of of Ms. Marvel actually deals with this well.

However, in the case of a pre-established villain or someone like Black Cat that becomes instantly grey. I can't say I know the right approach in that situation.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the main story in CWII Choosing Sides 2 was actually really good. Not as much Amerikate as I would have liked, but still really touching, and wonderfully drawn and colored.

Oh, sorry, I forgot were doing gif reviews now.

CWII Choosing Sides 2:

tumblr_mvelecWBtJ1ss9lz5o1_500.gif

The fridge is Rhodey.

diaspora

Is there a reason The Ultimates didn't try to get Thor and Iron Man's help when they thought Thanos arrived to steal a cosmic cube? Like, I know Carol is the leader but it's not like she can force fucking Panther, America, Monica, and Brashear- so imo they're all complicit.

Is there a reason The Ultimates didn't try to get Thor and Iron Man's help when they thought Thanos arrived to steal a cosmic cube? Like, I know Carol is the leader but it's not like she can force fucking Panther, America, Monica, and Brashear- so imo they're all complicit.

There are a lot of weird characters in that fight if you think about who is missing, but it seems to me like they just didn't have much time. Present are the Ultimates, the members of the Inhumans delegation that are with the Ultimates when Ulysses has the vision of Thanos, War Machine who is also there, as well as the Human Torch (who is dating Medusa) and the members of A-Force, the other team Carol is on. I'm guessing they contacted the people they were able to get in touch with the fastest and went in.

diaspora

There are a lot of weird characters in that fight if you think about who is missing, but it seems to me like they just didn't have much time. Present are the Ultimates, the members of the Inhumans delegation that are with the Ultimates when Ulysses has the vision of Thanos, War Machine who is also there, as well as the Human Torch (who is dating Medusa) and the members of A-Force, the other team Carol is on. I'm guessing they contacted the people they were able to get in touch with the fastest and went in.

That's... insane. I mean I have trouble believing that they weren't able to contact Tony and co in the event of a Thanos level threat.

Wow, the main story in CWII Choosing Sides 2 was actually really good. Not as much Amerikate as I would have liked, but still really touching, and wonderfully drawn and colored.

Oh, sorry, I forgot were doing gif reviews now.

CWII Choosing Sides 2:

tumblr_mvelecWBtJ1ss9lz5o1_500.gif

The fridge is Rhodey.

What was up with the second story?

Didn't
Goliath die in the first Civil War?

Man, how many times are Ulysses' predictions going to be turn out to be self fulfilling prophecies like in Civil War II Spider-man #2?

I feel like I might be on Iron Man's side after reading that issue.

If Peter didn't get antsy and ask Clayton about his feelings, he wouldn't have investigated in his room.

I haven't read Choosing Sides,
but his nephew took over the identity.

Okay, that makes sense. Though I'm still not 100% sure what happened in his Choosing Sides arc, the art is not very helpful.
I'm pretty sure he was locked up, approached by someone, and then set free?

PsychBat!

Banned
Sooooooooooooo. After relaxing my ass off after getting home from a three hour trip to get home, I finally read CW II #3.

It's interesting, the art is crazy good. The dialogue in some of these pages are rooouuuugh. That's all. Is the plot bad? Nah, it's just dumb.

Sooooooooooooo. After relaxing my ass off after getting home from a three hour trip to get home, I finally read CW II #3.

It's interesting, the art is crazy good. The dialogue in some of these pages are rooouuuugh. That's all. Is the plot bad? Nah, it's just dumb.

Despite everything, I've been enjoying Civil War II the same way you would enjoy a dumb popcorn movie. It's certainly better than the original event.

Owzers

Despite everything, I've been enjoying Civil War II the same way you would enjoy a dumb popcorn movie. It's certainly better than the original event.

buttttttttt when i rent dumb movies it's usually through Redbox for $2.

I don't think it would be possible for me to enjoy Civil War 2 outside of MU.

Sandfox

Yeah, this one actually managed to get people arguing over sides rather than having a side people would obviously be against.

BookDepository says Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman Vol 1 TPB includes #195-213, yet the official DC website says it includes #195-205 + the Hiketeia.

Are there two versions of this tpb? Or is BookDepository lyin?

raw

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaa? I thought people liked the original?

I don't remember how people felt at the time, but I feel like now the general consensus is that it's almost all together bad and kind of ruined Tony's character until the movies changed him.

I also feel like it's a terrible book as an entry into comics, but Marvel keeps pitching it as a gateway.

Top Bottom