• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

TheFlow

Banned
They are bringing back Doom Patrol lol. Please dont fuck this up DC.

Really looking forward to Teen Titans with Damian in charge! Who is the Writer, Percy? What else has he done in the past and was it good?
Where have you been.

Percy is writing one of the best books on the market wth GA. Before that he worked on GA 52 version.

Doom patrol is going to be good because the guy already has knack for writing weird and supernatural teams plus he read all of grants morrisons doom patrol which he is using as his source.

It goes beyond just Morrison's run. Way owns every single issue published of Doom Patrol IIRC. Umbrella Academy was more or less his own version of it too and it was awesome.

dude

dude

tumblr_m7dpsyKjtX1rnsnbco1_1280.jpg

lol

blind spot

squadr0n

Where have you been.

Percy is writing one of the best books on the market wth GA. Before that he worked on GA 52 version.

Doom patrol is going to be good because the guy already has knack for writing weird and supernatural teams plus he read all of grants morrisons doom patrol which he is using as his source.

Nice, Green Arrow has been the best new DC book imo. Just didnt recognize he was writing until now, thanks! Looking forward to it now.

Owzers

absolute Wonder Woman 1-18 of the new 52 run has been announced! Fuckkk yes.

Great run

If only Chiang didn't leave the series towards the end and the story was less baby focused. About halfway through i started to have " this isn't going to amount to much" thoughts.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the first volume of pregnant Spider-Woman is great. The issue where she gives birth, and the one before it, are completely fantastic. The art is great, the characterization is great. All around good book.

TheFlow

Banned
Was anything good leaked? :D
ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN BY AZZARELLO & CHIANG HC VOL 01
(W) Brian Azzarello (A) Tony Akins, Dan Green, Kano (A/CA) Cliff Chiang
In these tales from the start of DC-The New 52, Wonder Woman learns that Queen Hippolyta has kept a secret from her daughter all her life-and when Diana learns who her father is, her life will shatter like brittle clay. The only one more shocked than Diana by this revelation? Bloodthirsty Hera-so why is her sinister daughter, Strife, so eager for the truth to be told? This Absolute edition collects WONDER WOMAN #1-18 and #0.
In Shops: Feb 01, 2017
SRP: $125.00

others
DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION HC
DARK KNIGHT RETURNS THE LAST CRUSADE DLX ED HC
FLASH THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN HC
BATMAN BRAVE & THE BOLD BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC

Wow, the first volume of pregnant Spider-Woman is great. The issue where she gives birth, and the one before it, are completely fantastic. The art is great, the characterization is great. All around good book.

Second favorite book behind Vision for me from ANAD. Then it gets bogged down by marvel shit I don't care about.

Harley Quinn was a mistake

But I like it!

=(

others
DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION HC
DARK KNIGHT RETURNS THE LAST CRUSADE DLX ED HC
FLASH THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN HC
BATMAN BRAVE & THE BOLD BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC

Are Rebirth and Last Crusade just the one-shots? Because LMAO if so. Smallest hardcovers ever.

I might be down for Legend of Wonder Woman though.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Second favorite book behind Vision for me from ANAD. Then it gets bogged down by marvel shit I don't care about.

Yeah the last issue in the trade, 5, talks about how Spider-Women is starting in the next issue and I remember how down on that people were. That's a shame, cause it starts so strong.

tim1138

Silver Age Flash Omnibus 2 and a Silver Age Adam Strange trade (if you're an Infantino head) and Bronze Age Brave and the Bold caught my eye.

I probably already have all the Flash issues on CMX, but I'm definitely interested in the Brave and the Bold and Adam Strange books.

Yeah the last issue in the trade, 5, talks about how Spider-Women is starting in the next issue and I remember how down on that people were. That's a shame, cause it starts so strong.

Messi liked it. I didn't.

neogaf.gif

What's really a bummer is you only have one issue between the Spider-Women issues and the CWII tie-ins. It was a great issue, but man that book needs a chance to breathe.

Vic_Viper

Did Anyone here order the Deadly Class Deluxe HC from IST with the Variant cover? Mine still hasn't been shipped and they took the Variant edition down. I'm assuming they sold out and weren't able to send one to me but haven't heard anything from them yet. I went ahead and emailed them saying they could just send the regular version. Anyone else have this issue?

Messi

The Spider-Woman issues in that crossover are still good and the art is by Joelle Jones. Stunning. Crossover is decent too.

Did Anyone here order the Deadly Class Deluxe HC from IST with the Variant cover? Mine still hasn't been shipped and they took the Variant edition down. I'm assuming they sold out and weren't able to send one to me but haven't heard anything from them yet. I went ahead and emailed them saying they could just send the regular version. Anyone else have this issue?

I did. Mine hasn't shipped either. They told me they sold out on Wednesday but has ordered more and my order would ship the coming Tuesday. Never happened. Might just switch to the regular cover.

It's still on the site BTW

Here's what they told me

"Normally when an item is temporarily out of stock, it takes about 2-3 business days for us to get replacement copies. Since we had already reordered most of those books your ordered, we got them back in stock already and they have now been scanned into your order.

The only item your order is waiting on now is DEADLY CLASS DLX HC DCBS EXC VAR, and we are expecting more copies of those to come into our warehouse tomorrow. So your order should ship out by the end of the day tomorrow"

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

neogaf.gif

What's really a bummer is you only have one issue between the Spider-Women issues and the CWII tie-ins. It was a great issue, but man that book needs a chance to breathe.

The Spider-Woman issues in that crossover are still good and the art is by Joelle Jones. Stunning. Crossover is decent too.

Man, why can't everyone just have the same opinion. It would be so much easier. Save me so much money.

neogaf.gif

Was there even a single issue? That one with the dude from Gwen's earth wasn't labeled Spider-Women, but it was basically still part of it.

TheFlow

Banned
When did you order it? Is your bubble still white? If so they probably sent you an email telling it is sold out

neogaf.gif

I didn't even read Spider-Women because it inflated things way beyond my budget. In addition to having to buy issues of two other series I wasn't reading, they also had those Alpha and Omega issues that were $4.99 each.

I wish Marvel would understand that some readers have budgets and these crossovers fuck that up. Spider-Woman had been one of my favorite books since that soft reboot with the new costume, and now I don't even read it anymore.

I didn't even read Spider-Women because it inflated things way beyond my budget. In addition to having to buy issues of two other series I wasn't reading, they also had those Alpha and Omega issues that were $4.99 each.

I wish Marvel would understand that some readers have budgets and these crossovers fuck that up. Spider-Woman had been one of my favorite books since that soft reboot with the new costume, and now I don't even read it anymore.

I highly recommend reading #8 if you enjoyed the early issues. You can jump right back in without missing a beat. Spider-Women isn't really even referenced beyond one sentence on the recap page. It's one of those great one-and-done stories, which we hardly ever see anymore. That makes it worth seeking out in my opinion.

I haven't read the first CWII tie-in issue yet, though. I'm not sure how that turned out.

I highly recommend reading #8 if you enjoyed the early issues. You can jump right back in without missing a beat. Spider-Women isn't really even referenced beyond one sentence on the recap page. It's one of those great one-and-done stories, which we hardly ever see anymore. That makes it worth seeking out in my opinion.

I haven't read the first CWII tie-in issue yet, though. I'm not sure how that turned out.

Pretty good actually. It was kind of it's own one off story until the end where it ties more into CW. This issue was good, but no telling how it turns out in the next issue with it seemingly continuing the CW stuff.

I'll check that out. Thanks.

Amazingly, like the rest of her book.

MG310

I don't think I've ever heard of someone quitting a paying job because a milimeter of ass was cropped out of a drawing.

Top Bottom