• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Sandfox

I didn't really appreciate Superior Spider-Man until it ended. I was bothered over a certain thing at the beginning, but Slott made me feel like an idiot in the end.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didn't really appreciate Superior Spider-Man until it ended. I was bothered over a certain thing at the beginning, but Slott made me feel like an idiot in the end.

SpOck punching Black Cat in her thieving mouth? Criminals get no mercy from real heroes friend.

I was interested in checking that out a while back. What's it about?

A crew of people (including the protagonist) traveling in a space-ship on a routine mission crash land on a planet that seems like a mish-mash of Conan and Alice in Wonderland. Some great art.

XnL8PmZ.png

Sandfox

SpOck punching Black Cat in her thieving mouth? Criminals get no mercy from real heroes friend.
My issue was that I thought that the way Peter died was disrespectful and a spit in the face of the character, but the entire point of the story ended up being to show that Peter was in fact that Superior Spider-Man.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My issue was that I thought that the way Peter died was disrespectful and a spit in the face of the character, but the entire point of the story ended up being to show that Peter was in fact that Superior Spider-Man.

Yes. Its a lie, but yes that was the point.

A lying point.

Sou Da

You couldn't see that hackneyed shit a mile away?

Your initial problem was this and not the fact that everyone involved in the story was liberally hit with the idiot stick to make it work and that the person that did figure it out was Slott's OC DONUT STEEL? Not to mention how unnecessarily damn long that shit went on for.

Sandfox

Your initial problem was this and not the fact that everyone involved in the story was liberally hit with the idiot stick to make it work and that the person that did figure it out was Slott's OC DONUT STEEL? Not to mention how unnecessarily damn long that shit went on for.

I had a problem with that too lol. I also remember Dan Slott saying some things that annoyed me in an interview.

Rhaknar

I dont like you anymore

In the new Earth One books you mean?

Because he didn't have a "take" on her for the JLA run. She just hung around in the background.

its funny reading his JLA, cuz he has a bunch of great moments for just about everybody, including Steel, Plastic Man, Barda, kid Green Arrow, even fuckin' Aquaman...never had a handle on Wonder Woman. I imagine doing Earth One was him finally getting around to understanding the one major DC character who's eluded him

Oh man, Nerd Sync brought up something I totally missed in his Civil War II #1-3 video.

She-hulk is defending someone who hadn't actually committed a crime at the beginning of the first issue, but only talked about doing it. Entrapment.

Nice foreshadowing/parallel Marvel!

Sou Da

I want to make a discussion about an adult video game but have no idea where to do it. This thread is pretty anime, you guys heard about Breeding Season? Turns out it really was a scam.

Sou Da

Five figures a month in Patreon and then they just bounced, right?

Nah

Fucking just WOW. So I guess from team lead mouth.

TLDR. S-purple the artist, knowing his contract was weak, milked a fuck ton of people for about 2 years to the tune of approximately 180K then pulls his art out of Breading Season to promote his own project. Considering how much you’ve just destroyed your own fucking brand S-purp you’ve literally murdered 2 games. Not 1.

Shwig stalled for time and piled up cash and then completely fucked H-Bomb.

It's his fault for entrusting him with so much power and being smitten with having good art finally, but still.

http://breedingseasongame.blogspot.jp/?zx=d2ab3c7bcd2ef9ef

Not only did he do nothing and secretly work for another project while making 9k, he took half of the studios savings and assets. He refuses to sell them back as well.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Nah

Shwig stalled for time and piled up cash and then completely fucked H-Bomb.

It's his fault for entrusting him with so much power and being smitten with having good art finally, but still.

http://breedingseasongame.blogspot.jp/?zx=d2ab3c7bcd2ef9ef

Not only did he do nothing and secretly work for another project while making 9k, he took half of the studios savings and assets. He refuses to sell them back as well.

Damn. This is the article I'd seen where I got that number.

Finally got around to finishing the last four or five issues of that Fire and Stone (Aliens, Predator, Prometheus) Library Edition from Dark Horse. Really good story if you're a fan of the franchise.

Can't wait to see what comes out of the Aliens 30th Anniversary panel at SDCC.

Owzers

There are people here who have never read a comics-gaf thread made by myself. They were really good, sometimes you don't need formatting or pictures, just someone telling people that comics are still a thing.

TheFlow

Banned
Wonder Woman #1- Way more appealing after that rebirth issue! The last page was fucking chilling. Now that is how you do a cliffhanger.

Wonder Woman #2

What a nice origin story, and I loved how We got Diana and Steve's life through panels all the way up to
their meeting at the end

Now this is how you take advantage of double shipping. Looking forward to seeing How Rucka ends these first two arcs. One in the past and one in future.

5/5 for both issues.

Love how some of the Dc books are about power couples .

Re-reading some old Stan Lee Spider-Man really hits the spot after going down the rabbit hole of reading some Twitter pages of people who are in a perpetual state of bitching about comics.

TheFlow

Banned
Detective comics #935

Not as good as the rebirth issue, but the dialog was great, and the characters are all given cool moments to shine.
Clayface has a chance to run around looking human for a while, Orphan running around like a cat, Tim thinking of leaving the Cape life behind to pursue his studies, Batwoman having that talk with pa

Also Batman is a beast
Dude is about to take on 50 dudes

Detective Comics #936

Another solid chapter, I should of seen that
twist coming
I loved everyone's dialog about Batman being
taken out
Clayface is definitely the comedy guy but in a good way. The villain in this arc brings something new to the table
What if Batman mobilized on a larger front. He could save more lives. This is what this arc is about

Overall 4/5. Orphan is my favorite character atm

duckroll

Okay, so I guess I can put off East of West until next year and grab the first two hardcovers. Wonder if the series will be closer to conclusion by then. How's Hickman's schedule on this one? Is he regular?

Sandfox

Okay, so I guess I can put off East of West until next year and grab the first two hardcovers. Wonder if the series will be closer to conclusion by then. How's Hickman's schedule on this one? Is he regular?

You could always take advantage of the current digital sale lol.

Top Bottom