• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

One last thing:

Another DC mini-series, this time from Vertigo. The Lost Boys. Anyone want to make a thread?

Good night~

Ohhh sounds good, I'll at least check out first couple issues

Trinity from DC and he has a creator owned book called Broken Hollow
Yep Broken Hollow sounds right. No eta?

Superior Spider-Man is such a douche. I'm angry yet I can't stop reading. 😡😡😡😡

I dont really care for Spider-dude that much,, but I did really like Superior

So, best costume in your opinion for each Guardian? Can be from anywhere, be it old Avengers costumes or alternate universe versions.
I like this one for Gamora:

latest

TheFlow

Banned
Aquaman #1-2

Very average, nothing was impressive about these two issues. Aquaman's fight with Manta was good, but the art brought it down.

Speaking of the art, it is the same quality as the first and rebirth issue, which is crap. The quality didn't drop, it was the same level of crap. I can't believe some of you like Echoshifting and lashley made a big deal about this. Really laughable.

2/5. Will drop soon

Aquaman #1-2

Very average, nothing was impressive about these two issues. Aquaman's fight with Manta was good, but the art brought it down.

Speaking of the art, it is the same quality as the first and rebirth issue, which is crap. The quality didn't drop, it was the same level of crap. I can't believe some of you like Echoshifting and lashley made a big deal about this. Really laughable.

2/5. Will drop soon

I agree. It's pretty boring all around. I'll give it until the end of the arc, at least, because I really wanted a good Aquaman ongoing.

I'm never buying another statue after I broke a finger off my Adam Hughes Catwoman statue. I'm still traumatized.

Also, I think those BrickHeadz things are hideous. But in a world where people like Funko Pops for some reason, I figured someone has to like them.

I really regret my funko addiction

about 100 funkos sitting there and I hate them all now

Good lord. I think I might have a dozen or so. But it takes a lot for me to buy one. Definitely looking forward to the Ripley and Alien Queen POPs next month.

Speaking of next month, we'll be getting the first episode of Telltale's Batman in August.

I always wanted to get into tabletop gaming, but I never had enough money, or friends, or tabletops.

You can find those last two at a local game store or some hobby stores. I know clix is pretty big in some places and it seems to be getting more popular every year. It is expensive though, if you want to get competitive with it.

What exactly makes Inhumans different from Mutants?

They just seem like shitty knockoff mutants in every way.

They're kind of the Cosmic Marvel version of mutants. Hooked into the Kree stuff, long ancient history, that sort of thing. The big difference these days is that the Inhumans are a faction, with plots and politics and all that, whereas the Mutants have sorta been casting around for something to do since the already-strained metaphor for racial tensions sorta wore thin.

Also, Marvel has the film etc. rights to the Inhumans, but not the Mutants, so there's that.

dan2026

But functionally there really is nothing differetiating them from regular earth mutants, right?

They just had their dna messed with by aliens. But the result is the same.

But functionally there really is nothing differetiating them from regular earth mutants, right?

They just had their dna messed with by aliens. But the result is the same.

You mean like biologically? In terms of powers and development and whatnot?

Well, the big difference is the way that new Inhumans get made, by being exposed to the Terrigen mists; until that happens, they're totally normal humans. The change is also often a lot more... uh, drastic. Lockjaw and that dude who turned into a door are pretty big examples. But other than the outside cases, yeah, basically mutants.

dan2026

You mean like biologically? In terms of powers and development and whatnot?

Well, the big difference is the way that new Inhumans get made, by being exposed to the Terrigen mists; until that happens, they're totally normal humans. The change is also often a lot more... uh, drastic. Lockjaw and that dude who turned into a door are pretty big examples. But other than the outside cases, yeah, basically mutants.

So everyone on the planet had their DNA messed with by aliens and the mists just activate them?
The same way puberty activates the mutants extra genes or whatever?

Why are some people Inhumans and not others?
Trying to get my head round this.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
GoTG is possibly the only book where I'm excited the next issue is a tie in to CW II

Geez, is Bendis off this for Marvel Now 2?

So everyone on the planet had their DNA messed with by aliens and the mists just activate them?
The same way puberty activates the mutants extra genes or whatever?

Why are some people Inhumans and not others?
Trying to get my head round this.

It's not everybody; most people are unaffected by the mists, it's just people with the right combinations of genes. The meddling happened a longass time ago, so things got diluted, I guess is the phrase?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hey remember that X-Files revival we all got excited for and then it came out like a wet fart?

Go watch Stranger Things on Netflix right now, theres your ACTUAL X-Files revival

Top Bottom