• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Hagi

Even Hawkeye vs Deadpool, a book that provided me with the best avatar ever, was fairly terrible plot-wise.

Can't even remember what the hook was just that I had fun with it.

giphy.gif

Doom as a character has dropped so hard post Secret Wars it's ridiculous

Sure you can do.
I've never been super hot on The Inhumans.
But I do like Maximus, cuz he's mad. And does machines.
I'm going to list them as trades, since that's how I've been reading them:

Inhumans: By Right of Birth
Inhumans by Jenkins and Lee
Fantastic Four/The Inhumans
Young Inhumans (though this is a very different type of story from the rest of the Inhumans books)
Secret Invasion: Inhumans
War of Kings
Infinity (though technically not an Inhumans story, it does have some of my favorite Inhumans moments in them and it's pivotal to their overall story arc)
Inhuman (2014)
Inhumans: Attilan Rising
Agreed. Uncanny X-force was amazing.

That's the thing most people don't get about Deadpool.
The silliness is only one part of his character. The other part is that he is a sad, emotionally damaged, mess.
He should be a tragic character.
UXF's version is as good as it is because he's the "heart" of the team. Everyone else is so messed up, and here's this guy who is just as messed up as they are, but he also jokes about it and maintains this lighthearted air. He's not doing it because he needs to kill or anything like that. He's doing because he thinks it's the right thing to do.

One of my favorite scenes from that run.
Hawkeye vs. Deadpool's version of him is very appealing as well, since he's just a dude out with his family. Some shit goes down and he decides to help
out. He even talks to Clint using sign language.

Fucking doooooooooope

Vic_Viper

For Messi and anyone else waiting on their Deadly Class DLX HC Variant from IST. I got this email just now:

"We apologize for the delay in your order. We were waiting to receive more copies of the DCBS variant cover of Deadly Class Deluxe HC from our warehouse in Fort Wayne, IN. These items arrived late last night so your complete order was shipped today."

Fucking doooooooooope

Yea this is so sick, now im super excited about Doom Iron Man!

Cnaa1x-XYAAeylf.jpg

Any yes, I cant think of a better Deadpool recently compared to Remender's UXF version. Joe Kelly and Remender nailed the character.

Messi

For Messi and anyone else waiting on their Deadly Class DLX HC Variant from IST. I got this email just now:

"We apologize for the delay in your order. We were waiting to receive more copies of the DCBS variant cover of Deadly Class Deluxe HC from our warehouse in Fort Wayne, IN. These items arrived late last night so your complete order was shipped today."

Yea this is so sick, now im super excited about Doom Iron Man!

Cnaa1x-XYAAeylf.jpg

Any yes, I cant think of a better Deadpool recently compared to Remender's UXF version. Joe Kelly and Remender nailed the character.

Nice. Thank you bro.

Mine shipped :')

tim1138

This week's EW announced a new creator owned joint by Charles Soule and Ryan Browne. It's called Curse Words and is about a wizard named Wizord who shows up in modern day NYC. He was an evil wizard and is now trying to do good but can't escape his past. The preview art makes it look completely ridiculous, and since it's Ryan Browne I'm so in.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I still have Uncanny X-Force to read. Might start it later after I finish my Marvel books

its Lashley

they got the scoops!

Its Rhaknar

He writes a shit deadpool book, ergo he is useless on said Deadpool book

If a writer cannot write a good story/character on the book they are on, they are useless to that book

Not at all pretty sure they have reviewed a lot of this weeks releases so nope still doing reviews.
Ah, it's because they've dropped the 1 to 5 stars rating and stopped updating the reviews sidebar. I was wondering why so many people gave impressions on what they thought without putting a score on it. Happy they've dropped the ratings.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still have Uncanny X-Force to read. Might start it later after I finish my Marvel books

Its Rhaknar

He writes a shit deadpool book, ergo he is useless on said Deadpool book

If a writer cannot write a good story/character on the book they are on, they are useless to that book

I dont write comic books sorry.

Oh did you mean Duggan? The same Duggan that 90% of ComicGaf said the pre-SW Deadpool run was excellent? No but youre right, youre right, he's shit because the current run is shit.

speaking of Deadpool, Spider-Man/Deadpool has been a fun read. Lot of bunch of tasty empty calories, dense single issue stories, really polished art. I'm totally cool with the fill-in issues as long as they keep the creative team of Joe Kelly/Ed McGuinness together.

Kelly Deadpool > all others

Yep. I'm going back through the original run and it's just so good. Spidey/Deadpool is great too as a pseudo-sequel. I read the Way run and hate what it did to the character. I'm just now going through the Marvel Now run and it's a definite improvement over away but I'm not loving it.

If Rich was here, you would know it. He searches for his name and joins conversations to defend himself or act like he doesn't know what the problem is. He did it to a group of my friends on Twitter when one of them mentioned him. They weren't talking to him and no one used his @ name.

I, errrr, he would never do that.

Hagi

I need to read Cable & Deadpool at some point I heard that is supposed to be fun. How did the first issue of Deadpool Vs. Gambit turn out?

Sandfox

What is else in store for Peter's Earthbound future during Marvel NOW!?

Anka: I'm pretty sure Peter's going to be forgetting his shirt a lot.
This is relevant to the conversation we were having about his costume earlier and one of the reasons why he won't switch back.

Did Duggan write the Good, Bad, and the Ugly arc?

Because that was some top shelf shit. Everything in that run after the dead presidents bit was golden.

Does Paul Cornell still write comics?
Nothing since the first week of this year. That's when the last issue of This Damned Band came out.

ProTip: The quick method I use to answer that question is to put in the person's name at ComicBookDB.com and then sort their work chronologically.

i think his run really fizzed out, his marriage thing was a bunch of nothing.

I mean, the marriage itself was a whole load of nothing, but there was cool stuff surrounding it, like when he moved into that house.

Admittedly, I don't think I ever read it to completion.

I thought his run was really mediocre and GB and Ugly was just slightly less mediocre so I dropped it.

This is an awful opinion.

Sandfox

My main gripe is nothing happens, 16 issues and nothing has happened? There is slow paced and then there is this

I see stuff happening, but to each his own and the current story seems to be showing why his current group of Mercs disband.

Did Duggan write the Good, Bad, and the Ugly arc?

Because that was some top shelf shit. Everything in that run after the dead presidents bit was golden.
That's the one.

Top Bottom