• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

TheFlow

Banned
True,

I would complain about him wearing the iron man suit but the man wore suit of metal armor for years.

Long as he is not nerfed to the ground and getting rekted by street level villains/heroes

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I also didn't mention it earlier, but the Hercules/Civil War Gods of War series is still really interesting to me. It's go the old world vs new world thing that American Gods had, but with fun versions of mythological heroes. It was nice to see Sigurd and Lorelei again.

nJrye.jpg

I didn't know people were that bothered by what goes into the making of variant covers. It's a shame because I actually liked what he was producing, he draws a pretty great Wonder Woman.
Typically no one cares and after this incident nothing is gonna change in how variants are made.

Sandfox

I agree that digital tracking is very speculative at this point, but I can see a reason for the decline.
Marvel basically moved its entire line to $3.99, including digital codes. This inclusion likely wouldn't be included with the overall digital figure.

Marvel has been doing that since 2012 though.

diaspora

I mean, if Cho was told that he'd have control of what he draws, some asshat coming out of nowhere and trying to demand changes is somewhat asinine.

I mean putting aside the bizarre nonsense about muh censorship,
I was given assurance that I would not have to deal with the Wonder Woman book writer or editor at all, and were told I would only be dealing with Mark Chiarello. So I came onboard and started working right away.
... Then Chiarello started getting art notes from Greg Rucka ordering him to tell me to alter and change things on the covers.
This would present a bit of a problem. Like if I was doing web development and was assured that I'd only be working with the art director/ creative lead but some other joker starts trying to give me artistic/coding input it'd be ridiculous IMO.

Hagi

I mean, if Cho was told that he'd have control of what he draws, some asshat coming out of nowhere and trying to demand changes is somewhat asinine.

I mean putting aside the bizarre nonsense about muh censorship,
This would present a bit of a problem. Like if I was doing web development and was assured that I'd only be working with the art director/ creative lead but some other joker starts trying to give me artistic/coding input it'd be ridiculous IMO.

Seems like it boils down to DC not communicating to Cho that Rucka had full editorial control over the book and everything relating to it. He says himself that if he knew this beforehand he wouldn't have taken the job. I'd probably be annoyed as well. It'd be nice to get some insight from Rucka but really I'm not that bothered, it's not like he was doing interiors for the book.

diaspora

Seems like it boils down to DC not communicating to Cho that Rucka had full editorial control over the book and everything relating to it. He says himself that if he knew this beforehand he wouldn't have taken the job. I'd probably be annoyed as well. It'd be nice to get some insight from Rucka but really I'm not that bothered, it's not like he was doing interiors for the book.

Yeah, but god damn he draws an amazing Wonder Woman.

I mean, if Rucka was told he'd have full editorial control (and got it in writing), it feels rather entitled of some variant cover artist to demand free reign.

Personally, I think the main writer/artist/colourist team should have control of what variant covers are out there. If they don't, we end up with situations like the one with Batgirl and Albuquerque.

I mean, if Rucka was told he'd have full editorial control (and got it in writing), it feels rather entitled of some variant cover artist to demand free reign.

Personally, I think the main writer/artist/colourist team should have control of what variant covers are out there. If they don't, we end up with situations like the one with Batgirl and Albuquerque.
A writer isn't gonna care about variants of the company wants 35+ of them. It's tough to handle and at the end of the day most writers want artists to get paid considering how hard they have to work to make decent money.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stanger Things is a better X-Men story than most X-Men movies

Duggan Deadpool > Way Deadpool

The lowest of bars. This is like saying a Catwoman writer is better than Nocenti

speaking of Deadpool, Spider-Man/Deadpool has been a fun read. Lot of bunch of tasty empty calories, dense single issue stories, really polished art. I'm totally cool with the fill-in issues as long as they keep the creative team of Joe Kelly/Ed McGuinness together.

Accurate. It's like a good popcorn flick. The first arc was great and I loved the guest writer's issue.

Another thumbs up for Uncanny X-Force Deadpool; best Deadpool

I love you Joe Kelly, I will never forget Deadpool #11 which was a gift to comicdom, but this is true

Yeah as soon as I saw that dumb article I knew it was bullshit. No sources or even an explanation of their methodology. Glad Bendis called it out.

diaspora

The level of Rucka's involvement in them with the minute changes he was demanding is ridiculous. What is the creative director even for?

mreddie

AA on CBR still not addressing She Hulk and ignored Miss America (but namedropped everyone else) in the group shot.

Hey Al, your assholery is showing.

Wonder Woman: Rebirth #1 - My first Rebirth book after that initial one-shot, and not a great first impression. The issue can be summarized as follows:

"There are a bunch of different takes on my story. Which one is right? ¯_(ツ)_/¯"

It's like they made a whole comic out of a two-sentence summary of the premise.

I'm going to give this two more issues to see what a solo Sharp issue is like and a solo Scott issue.

Sandfox

AA on CBR still not addressing She Hulk and ignored Miss America (but namedropped everyone else) in the group shot.

Hey Al, your assholery is showing.

To be fair to him, the question he was asked only mentioned Elektra, Cable, and Quake, with his answer only being "Yes".

There's more books coming and hoping Ms. America is one of them, though people have no reason to trust that it's happening.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Court of Owls is an amazing name for a villain group, whatever they are

Yea. It would have been amazing and by far the best comic book TV show ever. I really don't think it would have been a stretch to pull it off either. But alas....

While that would have been indisputably amazing, Gotham is already the best comic book TV show ever.

Speaking of the Teen Titans, I wonder what DC is going to do with Bart assuming they plan on ever using him again.

Probably bring him in to replace new Wally after he ages out of the team.

Top Bottom