• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Ponn

Banned
The book went to shit after and turned fairly serious after that last issue you read. Kurtis Wiebe doesn't know how to get back to what made it great and the book is now on indefinite hiatus after he tried to bring back Roc Upchurch post assault on his wife. He also tried to do this all behind the current artist Tess Fowlers back but she blew his shit up on Twitter.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....s-depature-upchurchs-return-wiebe-denies.html

Don't hold your breath. That first hardcover was wonderful tho.

Well that's depressing. There were some threads left hanging I wanted to find out about.

sea food pancake sounds terrifying

It's only about the greatest thing ever.

338i3fe.jpg

duckroll

Finished Manhattan Projects. I liked it quite a lot, but I'm still a little upset that I was under the impression that it is a completed series. It definitely affected my expectations towards the end, and I was disappointed when I realized that #1-25 is basically the first half of the series or whatever, before it spins off into planned minis covering each of the diverted plotlines. Even more disappointed to learn that it's possible Hickman might just never finish this, since the relaunch with Sun Beyond the Stars didn't do to hot.

I think at the core, what the book was great at was being a delicious black comedy set in a ridiculous alternate history setting that ponders "what if science was so much more" but in a totally villainous way instead. The characters are great, the way they totally mess with expectations is great, and while some of the stories were better than others, the great ones were really great. The Oppenheimer Civil War, the Illuminati War, the crazy alien stuff, Einstein the Barbarian, lots of yummy material. Want more though. Why is Hickman always running into problems with finishing his less popular stuff? Speaking of which, WHERE IS THE REST OF SHIELD????

duckroll

I find it strange how you only want to read stuff that is already finished. Then again I HATE ending so I am probably the strange one. I usually am.

I don't only want to read stuff that is finished. I just prefer reading stuff that's both good and finished. With all the choices out there, why read an incomplete story when I can read a complete one? Following an incomplete story when releases are irregular and the conclusion undetermined just seems to like bad choice.

Hal Jordan's favorite meal is lightly toasted wonder bread, with a glass of room tempature water

I think Geoff Johns did a six issue origin story detailing this

Vibranium

Banned
I don't know but Kot would get an earful from me on how he wasted Winter Soldier by trying to make it another Zero instead of a fun space romp. You know, what "The Man On The Wall" should have been.

Vibranium

Banned
Got the Darth Vader comics for pretty cheap on Comixology, they're entertaining, especially when you have James Earl Jones in your head. I still need to check out that Anakin and Obi-Wan miniseries, I loved the Young Adult EU books that followed them through adventures.

Got the Darth Vader comics for pretty cheap on Comixology, they're entertaining, especially when you have James Earl Jones in your head. I still need to check out that Anakin and Obi-Wan miniseries, I loved the Young Adult EU books that followed them through adventures.

Anakin & Obi-Wan was really good. I'd definitely recommend it.

Totally forgot...

Diamond's new site is so weird list

Clean Room #10
Green Arrow #3
Green Lantern #3
Black Road #4
Lazarus #23
Snot Girl #1
Velvet #15
All-New Wolverine #10
Spider-Man #6
Ultimates #9
Betty & Veronica #1

Finished Manhattan Projects. I liked it quite a lot, but I'm still a little upset that I was under the impression that it is a completed series. It definitely affected my expectations towards the end, and I was disappointed when I realized that #1-25 is basically the first half of the series or whatever, before it spins off into planned minis covering each of the diverted plotlines. Even more disappointed to learn that it's possible Hickman might just never finish this, since the relaunch with Sun Beyond the Stars didn't do to hot.

I think at the core, what the book was great at was being a delicious black comedy set in a ridiculous alternate history setting that ponders "what if science was so much more" but in a totally villainous way instead. The characters are great, the way they totally mess with expectations is great, and while some of the stories were better than others, the great ones were really great. The Oppenheimer Civil War, the Illuminati War, the crazy alien stuff, Einstein the Barbarian, lots of yummy material. Want more though. Why is Hickman always running into problems with finishing his less popular stuff? Speaking of which, WHERE IS THE REST OF SHIELD????
Hickman posted this recently.

Owzers

Totally forgot...

Diamond's new site is so weird list

Clean Room #10
Green Arrow #3
Green Lantern #3
Black Road #4
Lazarus #23
Snot Girl #1
Velvet #15
All-New Wolverine #10
Spider-Man #6
Ultimates #9
Betty & Veronica #1

"Our website is old, let's make it harder to navigate"

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
List:

Betty and Veronica 1
Aqua man 3
Batman 3
Green Arrow 3
Superman 3
Ant-Man 10
Black Widow 5
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat 8
Spider-Man 6
Ultimates 9
Archer and Armstrong 5
Faith 1

I think Secret Wars is their only event comic that is genuinely great. Other events have their moments, but they're messy.

I like Infinity a lot. And Time Runs Out was a great arc. But that can all be explained by Hickman da GOAT. When they're left with Bendis writing an event, it always turns out rather middling.

Top Bottom