• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

I don't understand why people keep posting "OMG I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" when other posts have already explained the situation, along with the article linked in the original post. You always find old threads that are like two pages of that shit before you get to any real posts.

I don't understand why people keep posting "OMG I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" when other posts have already explained the situation, along with the article linked in the original post. You always find old threads that are like two pages of that shit before you get to any real posts.
I did fuck up really bad though. I don't blame them.

mreddie

I didn't even know America existed before Young Avengers.

It was a one shot called Vengeance
3314436-mearly+missa.jpg

Gillen gave her more character. I feel this was announced the moment they saw Marvel wasn't launching NOW! with a Chavez solo. Shit, I see that shade at the PR quote.

Owzers

If neither Miss America is a Trump supporter than i am boycotting both books. You have two chances comics, don't fail me.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Casey wrote her in a relationship with a guy, Gillen made her lesbian.

Image America looks like they just ripped off the McKevie look.

It was the same character in name only, more or less. Much more fleshed out in YA.

What a weird, funny, twisty little thing this story is. I kind of hope that rumored America Chavez book is true now just to add another wrinkle.

duckroll

Finished Monstress Vol1. Loved it. I think it fits perfectly into a certain niche which I haven't seen done well in a while - fantasy adventure with a slash of manga and cartoon influence, R-rated content but not too bleak, some silly mascot stuff that lightens the tone. There are supernatural overtones, steampunk, a cute cat race, and giant tentacles... but it also reminds me of stuff I liked when I was a kid like Pirates of Dark Water. While there's nothing super original about any of the individual elements, I just love a fun fantasy adventure with cool world design, macguffins and breadcrumbs which reveal more about the history and layers of the world, and cats. Did I mention cats?

Finished Monstress Vol1. Loved it. I think it fits perfectly into a certain niche which I haven't seen done well in a while - fantasy adventure with a slash of manga and cartoon influence, R-rated content but not too bleak, some silly mascot stuff that lightens the tone. There are supernatural overtones, steampunk, a cute cat race, and giant tentacles... but it also reminds me of stuff I liked when I was a kid like Pirates of Dark Water. While there's nothing super original about any of the individual elements, I just love a fun fantasy adventure with cool world design, macguffins and breadcrumbs which reveal more about the history and layers of the world, and cats. Did I mention cats?
Real quick question: Does it have cats?
COMICS! |OT| Make Miss America Great Again

I shall cast my vote in favor of this title

Back from the week off vacation, just read Wonder Woman #2. I think I will like much more the year one arc both in terms of writing and art.

And also got Monstress Vol 1.

Vic_Viper

I'm almost at the end of Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF run. Think I have like 4 or 5 issues left. Just started the arc where
AIM buys Barbatos Island
and I feel like I may have missed an issue somewhere. What happened / where did
Reed's father and future Franklin and Val
go? They haven't been in an issue in awhile and I would remember reading if they had left. Last time I remember Reed's dad being in an issue is when they were going to the future to check up on
Ben
since he stopped aging normally.

I've read the Avengers stuff that picks up after this and know they pop up atleast once as far as I remember. Gunna go back thru all that stuff soon, but still am curious if I missed something.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The other thing that confuses me about MAC, is that in YA, she definitely went by Miss. But in everything not written by Gillen, she goes by Ms.

I'm not sure if there is a story reason for the change, or if it's just editorial.

EDIT: Actually, I just looked it up, in Secret Wars Seige, written by Gillen, there's a panel where she says "Ms. America Chavez. One Warning: Not 'Miss'". I wonder why that was changed.

Hummmm...... Amazon is still running that sale on Image Comics (that ended on Comixology some days ago). I wonder if I should buy more stuff. Is usual that Amazon runs the same sale and last longer?

Hummmm...... Amazon is still running that sale on Image Comics (that ended on Comixology some days ago). I wonder if I should buy more stuff. Is usual that Amazon runs the same sale and last longer?

Amazon always has trades on sale for Kindle/Comixology. I've bought a lot of 200 page plus manga volumes for $4 from them.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Glad you liked it. It's definitely my favorite new series from the last year and there have been plenty of good ones to choose from.

Ponn

Banned

That is awesome to hear. I picked up the 1st issue digital from Amazon during some 99 cent sale and I loved it so I was waiting for a trade to come out. It's $5 bucks on IST and from what i'm reading contains 6 issues thats a hell of a deal.

Was thinking of making my next IST order to get this and maybe get the Superior Spider-Man trades. I slacked off on most all of the Spidey run after OMD because it was coming so hard and fast. The only stuff I read was the Gauntlet arc. I really wanted to read Superior though because I love that type of stuff and just kind of wished they let it go for a bit longer.

Top Bottom