• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

shingi70

Banned
Justice League could use a raptor overhaul let's see.

Bwana Beast
Space Cabbie
Lady Cop
Jem Son of Saturn
Geoforce
Jericho
And Cyborg for diversity

Grabbing my 2+ Pounds Collection of Atomic Robo Hardcovers tomorrow~

I don't recall Atomic Robo ever being released in hardcover. Tell me more.

Spider-Men mini series by Bendis and Pichelli?

Man, unless Pichelli is drawing Gamora, I don't even care.

I swear if Marvel drops Miss America atSDCC with Gillen at the bat, HOLY SHIT.

They won't. But if they did you can rest assured they would cancel it after six issues.

I want an apology from Freeza for calling me a "Filthy Liar" that is slander.

No chance.

What if... Hear me out.. Harley replaced Wonder Woman in JL?

It would probably make more impressive sales numbers, to be honest. People will buy anything with Harley Quinn in it.

New Hickman series, Frontier?

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/18/12...-opera-from-image-comics-and-jonathan-hickman

The first words Jonathan Hickman used to describe his new series, Frontier, were "It’s like Star Trek, but super depressing."

Sometime in the future, humanity was kicked out of our alliance with a peaceful galactic community for being too prone to violence and disagreement. Cut off from faster-than-light travel — and our extra-solar colonies — Earth’s civilization went into a tailspin. Utopia had been ripped from our hands, and with everyone else out of reach we fought each other tooth and nail over scant resources. When the dust cleared, we formed a homogenous society that sends its undesirables, the Accursed, to a massive prison system on the Moon.

"People might recognize a bit of Iain Banks Culture series," Hickman told Polygon, "maybe a dash of the Hyperion Cantos, there’s some Eve [Online] mechanics in there," but the "'failed' Star Trek" element to Frontier is the most obvious. And playing with the science fiction trope of humanity’s place in a pan-galactic, interspecies utopia was his primary goal for the series.

Namedrop Culture? I am in.

He is drawing too btw. With Andy Kuhn helping on layouts.

TheFlow

Banned
looks like East of West will end next year or go on a small break. The man already has #29 ready to ship out. So 50 might be the sweet spot.

Anyway has anybody read Weavers #2-3? does it get better? thoughts?

CBR got dem October DC solicits, brehs.

Did not see this yet:
Suicide-Squad-Joker-Harley-Statue-6c6fd.jpg
Another one of those $250 deals.
It looks awful

CBR got dem October DC solicits, brehs.

Did not see this yet:

Another one of those $250 deals.

DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art by GARY FRANK, ETHAN VAN SCIVER, IVAN REIS, PHIL JIMENEZ, JOE PRADO and MATT SANTORELLI
Cover by GARY FRANK
The epic story that set the stage for DC: REBIRTH is back in a new, hardcover edition that includes behind the scenes extras and character sketches of the heroes of the new DC Universe!
On sale DECEMBER 7 • 96 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $17.99 US

DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS

On sale DECEMBER 7 • 96 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $17.99 US

el-oh-lel

That seems excessive. But didn't they also do hardcovers for every issue of Dark Knight III?

Didn't someone post solicits already or was that only a partial list because I swore I read most of this.

A lot of it looks familiar but there is some new stuff in there.

Re-reading this Harley & Ivy Deluxe Hardcover I got, Timm does some great stuff with the 9 panel grid, expanding and contracting the spaces when he needs to. And Dini's voice is so perfect its virtually impossible to not hear the Animated Series voice actors. Its really underrated how many craft goes into making something so perfectly readable. The plot is all very simple and full of fan service, but the storytelling is basically without flaw. Like super delicious empty calories.

Man, DC is so lacking in their omnibus printing section.

Didn't someone post solicits already or was that only a partial list because I swore I read most of this.

Slay Percy Slay

Yeah, the single issue part of the solicit leaked last Friday.

el-oh-lel

That seems excessive. But didn't they also do hardcovers for every issue of Dark Knight III?

Yep. This is from the FB group...

arkon

New Hickman series, Frontier?

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/18/12...-opera-from-image-comics-and-jonathan-hickman

Namedrop Culture? I am in.

He is drawing too btw. With Andy Kuhn helping on layouts.

He's saying all the right things to get me interested (I'm reading Consider Phlebas right now!) but I'm a little wary of the talk about oversized issues for the first arc. Just spells trouble for the single issue scheduling unless he has it all in the can. I also didn't really like his art style in Pax Romana so that's a bit of downer. Much more interested in his words than his artwork but maybe he can surprise me.

Man, Kate Kristopher goes through more hairstyles than anyone else in comics. They're pushing the final arc now, so I guess the book is ending.

Hmmmm.... Combating trade-waiters?

PLEASE NOTE: This extended-length final arc will not be collected for some time after it ends, so readers of SHUTTER VOL. 4: ALL ROADS TP's shocking ending are highly encouraged to sign up for the single issues' duration.

Owzers

Jokes on you Shutter, i'm behind on everything.
Sometime in the future, humanity was kicked out of our alliance with a peaceful galactic community for being too prone to violence and disagreement.

We should have nuked them. I'm not that eager for a prison planet type book.

He's saying all the right things to get me interested (I'm reading Consider Phlebas right now!) but I'm a little wary of the talk about oversized issues for the first arc. Just spells trouble for the single issue scheduling unless he has it all in the can. I also didn't really like his art style in Pax Romana so that's a bit of downer. Much more interested in his words than his artwork but maybe he can surprise me.

Writing a Culture type of Space Opera is so perfectly in his ballpark. Hope he has a lot of Babylon 5/Culture Minds type of large scale inter galactic scale plotting instead of small scale New Star Trek type of daddy-issues writing.

Top Bottom