• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
October is going to be sweet! My probable pulls for the month......

Birthright #20
The Black Monday Murders #3
Black Science #25
Chew #59
Deadly Class #23
Glitterbomb #2
Horizon #4
The Hunt #4
I Hate Fairyland #10
Lake of Fire #3
Lazarus #26
Manifest Destiny #24
Monstress #8
Moonshine #1
No Mercy #10
Paper Girls #10
Revival #43
Saga #39
Seven to Eternity #2
Shutter #23
Spread #17
Surgeon X #2
The Walking Dead #159
Wayward #17

batman-ghost.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Welp 2nd IST order for the month placed (gotta get that 2%).

Superior Spidey HC's 1-3
Monstress TP
Old Man Logan vol. 1

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There is a good Netflix show somewhere in that plot. It just stepped into WGN territory too quick.
But WGN made Manhattan, which was pretty good. And Underground was allegedly good too.

I am possibly reading too much into it but this tweet (third in thread) might imply East of West ends around issue 45...

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/755115045655314432
I can live with that. Now we need news on The Manhattan Projects.

VanWinkle

Welp 2nd IST order for the month placed (gotta get that 2%).

Superior Spidey HC's 1-3
Monstress TP
Old Man Logan vol. 1

I still need to get Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 and 2. I've had 3 for a long time, but it's hard for me to buy a 248 page OHC for $20 on IST when I can buys something in the same format with more pages for the same price or cheaper. I need to do it soon before they go OOP, though.

Ponn

Banned
I still need to get Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 and 2. I've had 3 for a long time, but it's hard for me to buy a 248 page OHC for $20 on IST when I can buys something in the same format with more pages for the same price or cheaper. I need to do it soon before they go OOP, though.

I love my HC's, i'm a sucker for them.

Also I forgot to post my first IST haul for this month I got a couple days ago.

Deadly Class HC is F'ng HUGE!

I regret not waiting for the entire Time Runs Out run to come out as one HC. The HC's for volume 1 and 4 were like 12 bucks each though so I couldn't resist. T-T

TheFlow

Banned
East of West Ends at #45? yea that man definitely has it drawn out.

Just like Remender said he already has the last issues planned for Deadly Class.

Sandfox

A Betty and Veronica book feels kinda early to me bases on where the characters are at in the Archie book, but apparently it's good so what do I know lol.

TheFlow

Banned
A Betty and Veronica book feels kinda early to me bases on where the characters are at in the Archie book, but apparently it's good so what do I know lol.
It really is too early, the main book hasn't even hit 12 issues. There isn't a real conflict between the two yet since Betty dumped Archie.

Sandfox

It really is too early, the main book hasn't even hit 12 issues. There isn't a real conflict between the two yet since Betty dumped Archie.
Have they even talked or been in the same general vicinity of each other, outside of that one bathroom thing?

Why have I never watched Teen Titans Go! before? This is way better than regular Teen Titans.
The big issue with the OG cartoon is that the art hasn't aged well, but more importantly, it suffered from basically being tone deaf. It wasn't sure if it wanted to be more funny, or more serious. Now, a show that balances humor along with seriousness is necessary, with the genre dictating what the balance should be. TT didn't feel balanced, though. It felt bipolar. Mood whiplash galore. Then the series wraps on a fairly somber note. It's still a solid choice as far as action cartoons go, but it's flaws are a bit more glaring than others and it doesn't have a lot of standout pluses.

TTG, on the other hand, knows exactly what it wants to do. It's why it works. I also love how the Titans are all just terrible people. It's like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but with teenage superheroes.

Speaking of superhero action cartoons, how is Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes? I've literally never heard anyone even mention it, so my assumption is that it's no better than mediocre. Still, I'd like to know.

Green Arrow #1
And so this remains a good comic. It's only two issues, but I'm optimistic. Also,
does the emphasis on "totem" with the whole secret shady business meeting mean that they know Ollie is the Green Arrow?

Weavers #3
This book is tense as hell. Good lord. Edge of my seat indeed. Also it's still pretty good.

Sonic Universe #87
Okay so this seems like a strange jumping on point, but indeed I have jumped on. Fun writing, nice art. Definitely had me laughing and also intrigued. Although
this Nixus motherfucker
seems straight fanfiction. Then again, I'm reading Sonic comics, so that's a pretty moot observation. Much like Mega Man, I'll need to go back and read more of this.

EDIT: Oh it's SU #87, but it's Shattered #1. That's how Mega Man got me, too. Clever bastards

Sandfox

Green Arrow #1
And so this remains a good comic. It's only two issues, but I'm optimistic. Also,
does the emphasis on "totem" with the whole secret shady business meeting mean that they know Ollie is the Green Arrow?

Weavers #3
This book is tense as hell. Good lord. Edge of my seat indeed. Also it's still pretty good.

Sonic Universe #1
Okay so this seems like a strange jumping on point, but indeed I have jumped on. Fun writing, nice art. Definitely had me laughing and also intrigued. Although
this Nixus motherfucker
seems straight fanfiction. Then again, I'm reading Sonic comics, so that's a pretty moot observation. Much like Mega Man, I'll need to go back and read more of this.

EDIT: Oh it's SU #87, but it's Shattered #1. That's how Mega Man got me, too. Clever bastards

Sonic got rebooted with #55 being the first issue after for Universe.

I haven't read any Sonic since the reboot and need to catch up since I got everything in the humble bundle.

duckroll

So Hickman has Black Monday Murders coming up, and he's also launching Frontier which he's also drawing himself later this year. Yet he has said jack shit about the future of Manhattan Projects.

Messi

I'll be very happy with 45 issues of East of West.

As would I. That is 3 large hardcovers. I would rather they end the book on their terms and don't feel the need to stretch it for more content.

So Hickman has Black Monday Murders coming up, and he's also launching Frontier which he's also drawing himself later this year. Yet he has said jack shit about the future of Manhattan Projects.

Slinking off into the sunset

arkon

Don't forget the Dying and the Dead which basically faltered before it was out of the starting blocks. Last I heard he was hoping to relaunch that as a monthly in 2016.

Top Bottom