• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Yes. But it doesn't really stop me from reading anything I'm really interested in. Like the new book he has coming out. Hell, they could have Upchurch on art and I would still buy it.
I know everyone has their own approach to this issue, and where the line is drawn is a very subjective and personal thing, but come on -- surely Crossfit is too much.

PsychBat!

Banned
Anybody planning on picking up hellblazer?

gplus-1582042409.gif

Thinking of buying all the hellboy issues + hellboy in hell on comixology since I've only read volume 1 but liked it alot.

Two questions tho:

1) Is it worth it?

2) wtf is the reading order? I don't see any issue numbers but I assume order matters. Do I need to get the hellboy: weird tales and christmas specials too?

TheFlow

Banned
Thinking of buying all the hellboy issues + hellboy in hell on comixology since I've only read volume 1 but liked it alot.

Two questions tho:

1) Is it worth it?

2) wtf is the reading order? I don't see any issue numbers but I assume order matters. Do I need to get the hellboy: weird tales and christmas specials too?

Definitely worth it. up there with Usagi and Stray bullets for me

This is all you need. I would follow the library edition order of reading.
http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_Paperback_Collections#Collected_Trade_Paperbacks

Darkness calls, wild hunt, then the storm and fury should be the last major arc of hellboy.

Two questions tho:

1) Is it worth it?

It's worth it. But if there's one thing I hate with Mignolaverse and even some other dark horse books is they make it so confusing to figure out to]he order of things. To the point I usually prefer the collected trades. Because at least they're numbered.....usually

TheFlow

Banned
Indeed^^

Also hory shit at the art in Aquaman #3. The art is still trash, but now there is a clear inconsistency in how they draw some of the characters. Aquaman looks like a teen in some panels. This is not a double shipping problem, this is a clear artist problem. I can't support this.

VanWinkle

Indeed^^

Also hory shit at the art in Aquaman #3. The art is still trash, but now there is a clear inconsistency in how they draw some of the characters. Aquaman looks like a teen in some panels. This is not a double shipping problem, this is a clear artist problem. I can't support this.

Is it out already?

Owzers

Overwatch update hit pc for real, my ps4 needs you. Overwatch will return! I'm kinda meh on it lately, but i might start using my mic, hero limit will be greatly appreciated because i just don't like cheesey combos especially with randoms without communication, and Blizzard trying to balance the heroes so that characters who are never used might get back in the rotation is nice and keeps the game from getting too stale.

Needs maps and modes? Needs stuff.

Also, i didn't read any comics today but i watched some of the trash wrestle draft and the second day of people who want to throw Hillary in prison, probably would without a trial if they could.

I'll pick up Aquaman tonight, but it will likely join Flash as my second Rebirth drop. There's just too much dodgy art and story rehashing going on with those two justify $12 a month on them.

I'm keeping Action and Superman on a short leash as well. Action needs to stop channeling Dragon Ball Z and explain WTF is going on or I'm out. Supes has earned a bit more leeway with its setup, but we're still moving at a glacial pace.

Sandfox

There's an ANAD Marvel sale on Comixolgoy right now including books like Vision, Ms. Marvel, and Squirrel Girl. I don't think these books were on sale earlier as part of the collection deal.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Overwatch is only the second shooty game i've played a lot this generation after Battlefield 3, which faded away for me.

Destiny was a flop for me.

Destiny held my interest for a couple months when it first came out and for a few more months after the TTK but it gets pretty lonely after playing by yourself for so long.

Owzers

Destiny held my interest for a couple months when it first came out and for a few more months after the TTK but it gets pretty lonely after playing by yourself for so long.

I didn't have any friends to play with, pretty much gave up on it within a week because there wasn't easy matchmaking with randoms just to travel around with people doing stuff. Huge disappointment, seemed like an empty shell of the game and then you have this bs.

"We like to tell big stories and we want people to put the Destiny universe on the same shelf they put Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Star Wars; we've already seen they do that with Halo," Parsons said.

PsychBat!

Banned
"We like to tell big stories and we want people to put the Destiny universe on the same shelf they put Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Star Wars; we've already seen they do that with Halo," Parsons said.

78517-Highlander-laughing-gif-2jVg.gif

are the Abe Sapian/Witchfinder/Slegdehammer etc spinoffs worth picking up in the Dark Horse sale?
Or should i just stick to Hellboy and BPRD?

I assume the current sale covers everything of the Hellboy universe

I didn't have any friends to play with, pretty much gave up on it within a week because there wasn't easy matchmaking with randoms just to travel around with people doing stuff. Huge disappointment, seemed like an empty shell of the game and then you have this bs.

Lmao

"I didn't have access to the lynchpin of what makes this game the greatest in the history of the medium, but really it's because of this dumb quote."

JenniferLawrenceOkay.gif

Thanos Imperative opens up with some of the most anime shit ever

"Ignition"

Lawd
Look, Magus really likes his voice. ;)

So after the sales my current total CMX book count is 2089(wow, that grew quickly this summer) and my wish list has shrunk to 572.

About to board the plane to NYC now. Next time I post I'll be in another country~

I always knew that quote would end up biting them on the ass. Surely the game would actually need an actual story to be put on the same shelf as LOTR, Harry Potter and Star Wars.

Aizo

Banned
I've only ever read the first volume of Hellboy, but with this current sale on everything, I'm ready to take the leap. Is everything worth buying?

Look, Magus really likes his voice. ;)
I'm wondering what the fuck happened to Magus, because Warlock's memorial is with the others. So it's a symbolic one? No one brings up Magus, so I think it's assumed he and the Church are dead? I'm assuming whatever happened to him happened in another book

Top Bottom