• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Revised list since I forgot I was buying a non-Image book for once!

407020._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Hex11 #
Black Road #4
Chew #56
The Hunt #1
I Hate Fairyland #7
Lazarus #23
Manifest Destiny 21

Owzers

Thru sure are. :p

How's the SillyMessi collective doing this fine day?

We are waiting for Overwatch's patch to hit consoles still so D.va can look strong. I might actually try D.va again, last time i did a Symmettra ran circles around me and i should have boosted away but i panicked and died.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth #143 out today

I've been following the multiverse reading guide thing from that site

Where would I start reading these?

Mindwipe

Kevin Smith is the Kurtis Wiebe of filmmaking. Fluked it once or twice and now struggles to even know what made his stuff great. Cursed to keep chasing his older quality. Output bow mostly useless.

I dunno, I think he's had five legitimately good films.

Okay Thanos Imperative was godlike. Onward towards the Rocket Raccoon amd Groot Annihilator issues and then I'm all donesies with the Abnett and Lanning GotG omnibus

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It WAS a flashback. To when Betty and Veronica were relevant.

:D

Oh, you. Such a sassy lass.

Glad I wasn't the only one bothered by the colouring. The faded look killed his art. :(

It looked great otherwise.

In other books< Superman 3 was still really good. Love what their doing with the kid.

Batman 3 still feels a little weightless to me, but I love a
Matches Malone
callback.

And Patsy Walker hit me right in the feelings, as I knew it would.

Busaiku

Mr. Hughes was not a good fit for Betty & Veronica.
His writing feels different from what Mr. Waid and Mr. Zdarsky have been doing. Everyone just really feels off. Archie's just insulting Jughead, what the heck.
And everyone looks like they're in their 30s...

So I feel like Spider-Man #6 kind of perfectly illustrates how much better Bendis is at writing the "non-Superhero" aspects of his characters. I actually really loved the roommate dynamics between Miles, Ganke, and Fabian.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I feel like Spider-Man #6 kind of perfectly illustrates how much better Bendis is at writing the "non-Superhero" aspects of his characters. I actually really loved the roommate dynamics between Miles, Ganke, and Fabian.

He is particularly good at that. I always liked the older stuff with Judge as well.

Started my comics today with Hellblazer Rebirth, because I hate myself. There is absolutely nothing even remotely redeemable about this issue. Trash art, trash writing, and the worst lettering I can recall from the big two.

Once I get through everything, I'll post my usual impressions, but I wanted to get this warning out to anyone on the fence for a Constantine comic in 2016.

You're probably better off spending your $3 on a Valiant book.
Presumably, I wouldn't know.

Messi

Mr. Hughes was not a good fit for Betty & Veronica.
His writing feels different from what Mr. Waid and Mr. Zdarsky have been doing. Everyone just really feels off. Archie's just insulting Jughead, what the heck.
And everyone looks like they're in their 30s...

I thought zdarskys tone was way off too.

Busaiku

I agree, but it still feels like I'm reading a story about highschoolers, save for Jughead, who's completely chuuni.
But everyone feels like adults acting like kids.

Lashley

Started my comics today with Hellblazer Rebirth, because I hate myself. There is absolutely nothing even remotely redeemable about this issue. Trash art, trash writing, and the worst lettering I can recall from the big two.

Once I get through everything, I'll post my usual impressions, but I wanted to get this warning out to anyone on the fence for a Constantine comic in 2016.

You're probably better off spending your  on a Valiant book.
Presumably, I wouldn't know.

I'm about to read it

Dreading it now

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Samnee wondered on Twitter if the K plate was missing from the Betty and Veronica printing. Mark Waid said his was fine. Not sure why that would make it to the Cmx edition.

Lashley

Yeah, Hellblazer was trash

Why the fuck has the artist drawn us Brits living in hobbit holes too?

B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth #143 out today

I've been following the multiverse reading guide thing from that site

Where would I start reading these?
What do you mean? Hell on Earth is in the reading order. Just follow the arcs in order. They eventually switch the naming scheme from BPRD Hell on EarthbSubtitle to just BPRD Hell on Earth numbers if that's what threw you off.

Lashley

What do you mean? Hell on Earth is in the reading order. Just follow the arcs in order. They eventually switch the naming scheme from BPRD Hell on EarthbSubtitle to just BPRD Hell on Earth numbers if that's what threw you off.

Yeah it was, thanks

Rooster12

Yeah they ruined Drax pretty bad...

I'm almost scared to read his mini-series...probably will turn me off the cinematic version completely.

drax1.jpg

We are waiting for Overwatch's patch to hit consoles still so D.va can look strong. I might actually try D.va again, last time i did a Symmettra ran circles around me and i should have boosted away but i panicked and died.

Remember that game on Watchpoint when I was doing that shit to people as Symmetra and no one knew what to do? I was dropping people left and right. I almost felt bad.

Owzers

Is Ana out on consoles yet? I might have to come out of Overwatch retirement and try her out.

I'm playing this game called Dex right now, tho. It's a side-scrolling cyberpunk action RPG, and it's just swell.

that's what i'm waiting for, it just hit pc yesterday so in theory it should be a few days until ps4 gets it. Ana, no hero stacking, d.va/zenny buffs, etc.

DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee is apparently scaling back his plans to illustrate the upcoming new Suicide Squad ongoing series. Although Lee was originally solicited to be the sole penciler on Suicide Squad #1-5 (through October), the publisher informed Direct Market retailers this week that he will instead draw a "twelve-to-thirteen-page lead story" in each issue with the remaining eight pages being back-up stories spotlighting members of the team by guest artists, beginning with former Justice League artist Jason Fabok. Series writer Rob Williams will write both stories in each issue.

http://www.newsarama.com/30222-jim-lee-scales-back-plans-on-suicide-squad-title.html

If you had "less than one full issue", you won this round of the Jim Lee Lottery. Please send a stamped addressed envelope to receive your prize.

Owzers

immediately regret pre-ordering suicide squad. Removed issue #2 and 3 from my dcbs order.

So double shipping makes 12 page lead stories a thing?

Top Bottom