• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Dusknoir

SnotGirl's pretty good. It felt like reading a lite version of "It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!". Give it a try if this interests you. It's only 3 bucks.

anaron

Mockingbird going til at least issue 12 based on the released TPB info released today

iM5bagk.jpg

now where the fuck is my Monica Rambeau solo series

Messi

SnotGirl is also pretty good. It felt like reading a lite version of "It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!". Give it a try if this interests you. It's only 3 bucks.

I appreciated this. I feel like it would have been easier for him to charge 3.99 for it.

SnotGirl's pretty good. It felt like reading a lite version of "It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!". Give it a try if this interests you. It's only 3 bucks.

No, no. Snotgirl is much, much less cringe-inducing than that one. If the manga is anything like the anime was.

frye

My main theme was superhero comics, so I dont know if consider Wicked + Divine or Sex Criminals or Casanova, even though they have super powers.

That's a good point for Secret Avengers there, my shit wasn't set in stone in anything. I'm actually interested to hear what you guys would put up there.

it'd be similar, though I probably would take a few out (Snyder Swamp Thing isn't very interesting to me for instance)

Sou Da

She writes an all ages all inclusive comic book about Hellcat and her friends and that is enough for some people to relentlessly attack her. Also she is a woman.
Ah, ok. Whatd she write in the past? CBR dudes are acting like Hellcat is a monthly Ultimatum or something.
Edit: Not CBR, just about every comic place sans here and something awful

Messi

Ah, ok. Whatd she write in the past? CBR dudes are acting like Hellcat is a monthly Ultimatum or something.
Edit: Not CBR, just about every comic place sans here and something awful

Here you go. Hellcat is pretty much her first big job.
Bibliography[edit]

The Strange Talent of Luther Strode (2011)[12]
Locke & Key: Guide to the Known Keys (2011)[12]
Womanthologoy: Heroic (2011)[12]
Womanthology: Holiday (2011)[12]
Bravest Warriors (2012)[12]
Smut Peddler (2012)[12]
Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake (2013)[12]
Adventure Time: Bitter Sweets (2014)[12]
Adventure Time: Seeing Red (2014)[12]
Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock: Journey to the Everspring (2014)[12]
Edward Scissorhands (2014)[13]
Power Up (2015)[7]
School Spirit (2016)[14]

Marvel Comics[edit]
Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1– (with Brittney Williams, December 2015–ongoing)

Dynamite Comics[edit]
Vampirella #1– (with Eman Casallos, March 2016–ongoing)

She also does Kate or Die comics. Which is her own thing.

Messi

Star Wars 21 was awesome, loving all of these new characters.

Enjoying Jorge Molina's art? I loved him on A-Force Secret Wars and the start of the new run. He is sadly missed.

Huh guess it's Twitter bullshit then. Vampirella any good?

Its average. I think she is leaving it soon also.

Kate is quite vocal on twitter at times and you know what some sections of the internet are like.

My main theme was superhero comics, so I dont know if consider Wicked + Divine or Sex Criminals or Casanova, even though they have super powers.

That's a good point for Secret Avengers there, my shit wasn't set in stone in anything. I'm actually interested to hear what you guys would put up there.

Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men.

TheFlow

Banned
]Better and Veronica was not good and it reads like the writer hasn't been following Archie.[/B]

That just means that the book isn't a part of Marvel Now.
yea I am not picking up after someone else here said it was not true to the other archie series.

frye

Have all of Shade in my cart for this DC sale

Someone tell me if I should do it or not

if you wanna dip your toes then the first 18 compromise the first big arc

it's also the road trip of America arc that pretty much every one of the British invasion guys did in a comic!

ElNarez

Banned
man I don't know who's running point on the designs in Green Arrow or whether Schmidt and Ferreyra just do what comes up in their issues and the other follows, but, man. They've been way good.

Sandfox

That decompression discussion about Rebirth and trhe October Solicitations really opened my eyes lol. I never noticed that books were doing 5-7 issue long arcs.

ElNarez

Banned
There isn't a comic that provides a metaphor for its own existence as well as Green Lanterns. There's something good in there, the core of a good story, of two characters getting a shot, and having to overcome the preconceptions thrown onto them to achieve greatness. And Geoff Johns has done the heavy lifting, he got the ball rolling, all you have to do is follow that. It should be simple stuff, really. But this comic, man, it's so unsure of itself, it's in such a permanent state of self-doubt that it cannot trust its readers to do the work. It loads itself with about a ton and a half of narrative captions, spelling everything out, because it's not confident in your ability to get it, or in its artists' ability to communicate it (as well it shouldn't, considering the huge fuck-up with the bright green gun in this latest issue).

Its heart is in the right place, the story it's telling could work. And yet, here we are. What a failure of a comic.

TheFlow

Banned
Green Arrow #3
Ferreyra and the colorist on this issue can be summed up like this :
giphy.gif

Like damn, The story is only getting better and better. Diggle has an awesome subplot.

The highlight of this whole book was the amazing art, and the fight scenes specifically

Arrow Vs Shadow and the whole chase, and the reveal of the Inferno ship was has such a crazy design

Honestly if the next two issues deliver the same high quality I can safely say this is the best book of the year.

5/5 Best artist of the year award

Boogiepop

Oh damn. Is that DC comixology sale stuff line wide or just the stuff on the page? Or are those just suggestions? Dang, either way, this is going to be dangerous...

TheFlow

Banned
Snotgirl #1

annnnd just like that The hype has been met! I loved every second reading this book, and the last couple of pages were so thrilling. The ending is definitely the biggest WTF for me since Deadly class. Also LESLIE HUNG is a great compliment to O'Malley's style.

There are so many ways this book can go now.

5/5. O'Malley is one of my favorites in the game.

Top Bottom