• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, ok. Whatd she write in the past? CBR dudes are acting like Hellcat is a monthly Ultimatum or something.
Edit: Not CBR, just about every comic place sans here and something awful

Ugh, I hate people sometimes. Kate Leth, based on her Twitter output, seems delightful.

I like Aquaman! Fuck you world! I don't owe you a thing! Political thrillers are my jam and it's one of those!

It's a political thriller like Donald Trump is a viable presidential candidate. I mean, you're technically correct in that the book touches on politics in a very two-dimensional, "let's work together towards peace," Fisher-Price kind of way.

For it to qualify as a political thriller, it would need some actual, you know, thrills. It's more a political borer.

Owzers

It's a political thriller like Donald Trump is a viable presidential candidate. I mean, you're technically correct in that the book touches on politics in a very two-dimensional, "let's work together towards peace," Fisher-Price kind of way.

For it to qualify as a political thriller, it would need some actual, you know, thrills. It's more a political borer.
When Trump wins you should subscribe to Aquaman for 4 years.

Its very interesting experience reading Snotgirl, seeing O'Malley adapt his particular style to not only another artist, but also to a 22-page monthly. It very much in his established territory, of 20-somethings trying to get in together in a world that mixes the mundane with the otherworldy, but the compressed nature of the 22 page book makes for a very unpredictable read. It keeps you turning the pages, which is a very underrated skill. Think how many monthlies where you flip the pages almost out of obligionation instead of geinue interest or because the story in ya hands compelled you to see what happens next. I like the idea of getting a monthly dose of this kind of heightened soap opera stories, while we wait for Aubrey and the gang in his next graphic novel.
I just read Snotgirl and this is a good post even if there are a lot of typos

Leslie Hung is my new favorite. Read this comic guys, it's so pretty.

Looks like Kotobukiya is going through with a new figure line. Basically the male equivelent to the bishoujo series. They're calling it the Ikemen line. Artwork by Ricken, who drew some cute as hell Batgirl and Supergirl pictures.

460526.jpg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Holy butts, the art in Green Arrow is fantastic.

Ultimates is still not quite living up to it's potential, especially because I feel like Carol's side of CWII still needs a lot of filling out if they don't want her to just be the obvious losing side.

ElNarez

Banned

I'll give you that it's heavily simplified, which is a necessity in a superhero book, but there's a confict there, and it's mostly solved through diplomacy. All of it is complicated by punching and explosions, because these things happen. It's what I want from an Aquaman book, it's a brighter, sunnier version of the current Black Panther run.

I'll give you that it's heavily simplified, which is a necessity in a superhero book, but there's a confict there, and it's mostly solved through diplomacy. All of it is complicated by punching and explosions, because these things happen. It's what I want from an Aquaman book, it's a brighter, sunnier version of the current Black Panther run.

I find that punching and explosions are often the best way to solve problems. I remember enjoying the New52 Aquaman book for a while. How does this one compare?

I would add that to the 2000-09 list
I dun goofed.

Si Spurrier's X-Force. It's absolutely insane, and while Remender's run deals with killing and murder and the justifications and ramifications there of, Spurrier's has characters who feel they have to kill. Not simply because they're willing, but because they need to. Everything and everyone is so broken beyond repair that they don't care anymore, and they go all in.

Sandfox

We're supposed to find out the identity of Tony's real parents next week and at this point I think it's very likely that
Black Widow is Tony's mom.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We're supposed to find out the identity of Tony's real parents next week and at this point I think it's very likely that

LOL...whut?

International Iron Man has been a spectacular waste of time and money, and if it ends up that this thing you're talking about is the payoff they've been dragging their feet on, I will never buy another Bendis comic again.

Almost finished with the GotG omni. The Rocket and Groot back-ups are fucking delightful. They took what would be a very dark story in most other cases and made it very lighthearted and weird. Super enjoyed it. I still have some more to go, but I'm so goddamned tired

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Almost finished with the GotG omni. The Rocket and Groot back-ups are fucking delightful. They took what would be a very dark story in most other cases and made it very lighthearted and weird. Super enjoyed it. I still have some more to go, but I'm so goddamned tired

That is not a gif review :(

Well it has to be something big or else the story would be anti-climatic and have no real meaning.
This would be a contender for the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a comic book.

I think Bendis is very hit or miss, but I have a hard time believing that Bendis and his editors could mess up that bad.

frye

Snotgirl fuckin ruled dudes. I called it: girls are cool, boogers are cool, and booger girls? extremely cool

SDCC Mark Millar is gonna come out and announce another fuckin' miniseries with Goran Parlov to work on for the next year

i'd be so fuckin bummed if this happened

Owzers

You've got yourself a deal, so long as you commit to buying Green Lanterns for Hillary's entire eight years in office.
Hillary being president is punishment enough! No deal!

Also today's rnc convention was totally fine as well as trump saying nato countries are on their own if he's not pleased, after years of republicans saying our allies don't trust us, including his vp choice in his speech an hour before the story hit. It's all just great.

Hillary being president is punishment enough! No deal!

Also today's rnc convention was totally fine as well as trump saying nato countries are on their own if he's not pleased, after years of republicans saying our allies don't trust us, including his vp choice in his speech an hour before the story hit. It's all just great.

What are your thoughts on the obvious Heil Trump salute? I did Nazi that coming.

giphy.gif

Owzers

I didn't see it live, but maybe that's like a secret wave that only conservative radio hosts do. To Hitler.

Im going to assume it wasn't what it looked like because it's just too much compacted into three days.

Sandfox

This would be a contender for the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a comic book.

I think Bendis is very hit or miss, but I have a hard time believing that Bendis and his editors could mess up that bad.

It would basically just be a repeat of the Magneto thing except not as weird.

Ponn

Banned
Looks like Kotobukiya is going through with a new figure line. Basically the male equivelent to the bishoujo series. They're calling it the Ikemen line. Artwork by Ricken, who drew some cute as hell Batgirl and Supergirl pictures.

Someone needs to buy 100 of these and send them all to Dan Didio. Every where he looks he will see Dick's ass.

Finished the omni. Good shit. Now starting Thanos: The Infinity Revelation, only because I can't seem to sleep.

This shit is way too difficult to understand for how tired I am right now

arkon

Dial H would be there, and Astro City of course. Hypotically I'm interested to hear what you, fyre, etc would be on a Best superhero comics of the decade so far list. No order, they could just be one issue or a series, they could just be artistically interesting, just your opinion on "best".

It maybe my inner fanboy talking but I'd put X-men Legacy up there. If only for the subjects and themes it explores so wonderfully with Legion's powerset The main mark against it for me would be the quality of interior artwork which I think I've railed against enough times already. Still not enough to exclude it from such a list though.

Top Bottom