• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Booooo. They're replacing the draw-it-yourself Shattered Empire collection cover with a nice one.

31VyJM3wsqL.jpg

61gOUiD%2BjFL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That Deadly Class tv series...with the Russos? That is incredibly exciting. God I can't wait.

Welcome back. Did you need to get some of your robot parts replaced?

lol, as a matter of fact, I did. Parts they shipped to me in the mail though, no surgery. Which is good, between my eye and the lymph nodes (which have been removed) I need a break from surgery for awhile.

Sunday was my birthday actually, so I was busy that day, then the RNC started and I've been kind of fixated on all the insanity.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
That Deadly Class tv series...with the Russos? That is incredibly exciting. God I can't wait.

lol, as a matter of fact, I did. Parts they shipped to me in the mail though, no surgery. Which is good, between my eye and the lymph nodes (which have been removed) I need a break from surgery for awhile.

Sunday was my birthday actually, so I was busy that day, then the RNC started and I've been kind of fixated on all the insanity.

Nice, glad it went ok. And happy birthday!

Spider-Woman #8-9 - Finally got around to picking these up after skipping Spider-Women, and it doesn't feel like I've missed anything. Both of these were great, and I'm glad the Civil War issue didn't randomly get all serious all of a sudden. Glad to have this book back in my life.

VanWinkle

So looking for a bit of advice on this DC sale. I bought all of Gotham Central immediately for $26. Sounds like a steal based on all the praise for the series. Now I'm looking at a few different options of stuff to dive into.

1) Green Lantern by Johns. I've read a small part of the Sinestro War, but otherwise am unfamiliar with this. Often gets referenced as the definitive Green Lantern story. Sticking just to the main series and events (ignoring Green Lantern Corps completely), it comes out the most expensive at almost $104. Any word on digital omnis coming out? Where is my DC Unlimited, damn it?

2) Hellblazer volumes 4-14. From the Vertigo line. I've got the first three volumes and enjoyed them enough to consider picking up the rest. I'm not a massive Constantine fan, mind you, and the new series has left a particularly sour taste in my mouth, but there you have it.

3) Astro City (2013). I have the entire run of everything that comes before this. Haven't read the majority of it other than the OG stuff that I loved. Is this any good?

4) Dial H and something else of equal value. No clue what this is, to be honest.

GL by Johns is legit fantastic. Top-tier cosmic stuff. I still have the last omnibus to read. I just read Brightest Day which spun out of Blackest Night, but that isn't necessary reading. It's actually pretty standalone so you could do without it.

HOWEVER, the GL Corps stuff throughout Johns run adds quite a bit to it. The omnis, for instance, add the Corps issues that it feels are important, but you don't HAVE to read them. Like, Johns always fills you in on what happened in between his issues if it's important.

I really recommend it. Writing and art are always on point.

Dial H started awesome but I think it got way too convoluted and weird by the end.

I'm thinking about it. It's definitely a big investment, looks like over $100 for just the mainline book and the various events. I didn't even consider adding GL Corps into the mix, since that would nearly double the total cost.

As much as I've always wanted to read the full series, it's a hefty price. Where the hell is my DC Unlimited, DiDio?
Ask Lee! He's the one who tried to push for it around the launch of N52 IIRC.

Couldn't find a good pokémon plushy at Nintendo World NYC so I bought a Vulpix cup instead~

Edit: I'm so looking forward to Supergirl and more Midnighter.

Sandfox

I tried reading Green Arrow and I just didn't like it. Out of the titles I've read since Rebirth started Superman and Detective comics have been the ones I've liked the most, though I worry about the pacing in these books.

I'm thinking about it. It's definitely a big investment, looks like over $100 for just the mainline book and the various events. I didn't even consider adding GL Corps into the mix, since that would nearly double the total cost.

As much as I've always wanted to read the full series, it's a hefty price. Where the hell is my DC Unlimited, DiDio?

DC wants you to just buy trades instead.

TheFlow

Banned
I tried reading Green Arrow and I just didn't like it. Out of the titles I've read since Rebirth started Superman and Detective comics have been the ones I've liked the most, though I worry about the pacing in these books.

Green arrow actually gets better per issue like it is crazy how great everything improves. Can not believe this is the same writer from new 52.

I recommend sticking with it.

Sandfox

Green arrow actually gets better per issue like it is crazy how great everything improves. Can not believe this is the same writer from new 52.

I recommend sticking with it.

I've read more than just the first issue and the book just isn't for me.

Strange, since Green Arrow is the only book where the pacing doesn't feel deliberately slow. Detective is decent in that department. Everything else is slow as hell.

Owzers

harley statue seems kinda plain, Starfire looks amazing but i don't care about Starfire.

Next statue i'm debating about is still Holiday Harley RWB.

WTF at Batman. Is that supposed to be a full mask or something? Is that actually a spoiler? Is the Joker gonna tear up his face?

If that's really supposed to be his face holy shit it's awful

Top Bottom